News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Concavenator

tyrantqueen

Placodus

The individual teeth all printed out nicely, although it's kinda hard to photograph.

The original file was purchased from here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/placodusdr/89369/

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

1/20 Udanoceratops in WSF. Another ceratopsian joins the group >:D

Normally I do not order in WSF materials because I have been disappointed in them in past orders. But looking at this print, it's not so bad. I remember there being issues where one side of the print was smooth, and the other was extremely raised and rough looking. I am not experiencing this problem this time. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe Shapeways improved their printing service.

Also, the tip of the tail seems to have chipped off, and they didn't inform me of it ::) But it's easy enough to fix :)

As always, the file was purchased from here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/udanoceratopsdr/86279/

postsaurischian

:) Cute Udanoceratops figure and nice movement.

amargasaurus cazaui

Lol that Udanoceratops printed well....a face only a mother could love. Did the tail chip in transit perhaps or is the piece just missing , meaning they broke it while printing?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys :) I don't think it broke while printing, because Shapeways would have informed me of it, and offered me a refund, as they have done with my previous orders. I guess it broke during transit. But it's not the end of the world :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 03, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
Thanks guys :) I don't think it broke while printing, because Shapeways would have informed me of it, and offered me a refund, as they have done with my previous orders. I guess it broke during transit. But it's not the end of the world :)
I might be misunderstanding but arent you using the "print it anyway" option for these renderosity files....?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 03, 2014, 09:46:02 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 03, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
I might be misunderstanding but arent you using the "print it anyway" option for these renderosity files....?
Ah, I remember now. There was a case of an Arthropleura that had its antennae snapped off during printing. I forgot to check the "print it anyway" box so that must have been why I was offered a refund. It's a small box so sometimes it's easy to miss :-[

tyrantqueen

Patrx

Fantastic! I need both of these books. I've not heard much about Beasts of Antiquity yet, any thoughts so far?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on November 05, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
Fantastic! I need both of these books. I've not heard much about Beasts of Antiquity yet, any thoughts so far?
It's good. I like that he included illustrations of both males, females and subadults of the species. It's mostly pterosaurs but there are a couple of theropods. The book as a whole feels very polished :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 05, 2014, 06:46:04 PM
It's good. I like that he included illustrations of both males, females and subadults of the species. It's mostly pterosaurs but there are a couple of theropods. The book as a whole feels very polished :)

Is it heavily illustrated or are there just a couple of pictures?
I would surely get it if it had a good amount of beautiful art :) (which the Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds does, in my opinion).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 05, 2014, 09:08:09 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 05, 2014, 06:46:04 PM
Is it heavily illustrated or are there just a couple of pictures?
I would surely get it if it had a good amount of beautiful art :) (which the Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds does, in my opinion).
The first half of the book is more wordy, and it describes in detail the history of the limestone. Then it moves onto individual species. I think there are about 13 species in total. Every species has a page like this:

But even the "wordier" parts of the book do have some illustrations scattered here and there. Here's an example:

I hope that makes sense :-\

postsaurischian

:) This looks beautiful, thanks for the info!

sauroid

cool books. how thick (pages) are they?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quotecool books. how thick (pages) are they?

Beasts of Antiquity is 122 pages , and A Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds is 194.

sauroid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: