News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

So I got my Dunkleosteus today 8)

Came out pretty much perfect, apart from a small chip on the front fin (which you can see in the photo).

Original file can be purchased here: http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=11045

tyrantqueen

Prancing Pachyrhinosaurus by fabricious. This is 1/72 and in FUD.

Keep them coming fabby >:D

pylraster

That's one pretty pachy. One of the horns seem broken in the last picture, I think?

Halichoeres

Looks great, especially for a 1/72!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: pylraster on August 20, 2015, 08:08:16 PM
That's one pretty pachy. One of the horns seem broken in the last picture, I think?
Thanks, but I think it's just the angle. I checked the figure over and all four horns are intact.

Here's Diplocaulus, in 1/10 scale.

If you want to purchase the original file, it can be found here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/diplocaulusdr/88834.

postsaurischian

:D That cute little Diplocaulus is adorable!

docronnie

Wonderful figures! Would love to see them when painted.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Tyto_Theropod

I think either TQ doesn't want to paint her figures or wants to paint them herself some day.

(But if you like TQ, I can give you a 'will paint for money or cake' service. ;))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

tyrantqueen

Thanks for the offer >:D

I do want to paint them, Shapeways prints are just low on my priority list of painting due to the fact that Warhammer is taking up all my repainting energy >:D

I also tend to be reticent to paint Shapeways stuff because of how expensive it can be.

Tyto_Theropod

I understand completely. Myself I've been rather put off Shapeways by the price, and by how fragile I've heard the figures are. As someone with limited space, who often has to move their collection about and who loves taking figures places to photograph them, I just find plastic a better option (and even then, with my utmost care, the paint jobs suffer :'(). Anyway, happy Warhammer painting! :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Concavenator

Great pieces,but that Pachyrhinosaurus in particular is quite awesome.

tyrantqueen

Two new theropods.

I pulled an all nighter....I'm off to dreamland. Bye 8)

triceratops83

Those two look great together.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Patrx

Congrats on the new CollectAs, TQ! Still anxiously awaiting my own rex from Dan's Dinosaurs :)

tyrantqueen

Thanks everyone. I love the Tyrannosaurus. CollectA is now up there with Papo and Kaiyodo as my favourite dinosaur creator.

If there is anyone who is fence sitting with this figure, I highly recommend it to you. It's the toy that Tyrannosaurus fans have been waiting for 8)

Concavenator

Congratulations,tyrantqueen.That Tyrannosaurus really is a gem.It's imo the best Tyrannosaurus model ever.
The Therizinosaurus is good too,but it could've had a better feathering,specially on the arms.

Jetoar

Nice new figures. Therizinosaurus is awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I'll be the first to admit I have criticised Rebor's stuff a great deal, but I really like the look of their Acrocanthosaurus so I decided to take the plunge with this model.

I hate it.

...Just kidding >:D

Actually, now that I have it in hand, I do like it. The paintjob is detailed and the little touches like the base and the dead hadrosaur add an extra level of polish.

However, in my honest opinion, I do not think the sculpt is anything better than a Papo figure. It's good, just not better than CollectA or Papo and certainly not Sideshow quality. The collectible packaging is nice, but I nearly always throw the packaging out. If you like Rebor toys, and you're happy to pay the asking price, that's fine. It still feels like a toy with a few extra bells and whistles added to me, though.

So yeah, it's a good toy, but I prefer Papo and CollectA. Also, I'm afraid mine has warped legs :(

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 15, 2015, 07:09:48 PM
Thanks everyone. I love the Tyrannosaurus. CollectA is now up there with Papo and Kaiyodo as my favourite dinosaur creator.

If there is anyone who is fence sitting with this figure, I highly recommend it to you. It's the toy that Tyrannosaurus fans have been waiting for 8)

I'm happy you like it, TQ. It really is a wonderful, wonderful toy. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 23, 2015, 02:19:33 PM

I'll be the first to admit I have criticised Rebor's stuff a great deal, but I really like the look of their Acrocanthosaurus so I decided to take the plunge with this model.

I hate it.

...Just kidding >:D

Actually, now that I have it in hand, I do like it. The paintjob is detailed and the little touches like the base and the dead hadrosaur add an extra level of polish.

However, in my honest opinion, I do not think the sculpt is anything better than a Papo figure. It's good, just not better than CollectA or Papo and certainly not Sideshow quality. The collectible packaging is nice, but I nearly always throw the packaging out. If you like Rebor toys, and you're happy to pay the asking price, that's fine. It still feels like a toy with a few extra bells and whistles added to me, though.

So yeah, it's a good toy, but I prefer Papo and CollectA. Also, I'm afraid mine has warped legs :(

How did you manage to get it within a day?!  ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: