News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I won Keith Strasser's Dilophosaurus from eBay. I believe it is 1/18 in scale. I've been waiting weeks for this one to arrive.

It needs some work (it seems as though the original owner drilled out the eyes to make room for glass ones, so I will sculpt new eyes out of epoxy since I don't like glass eyes) but I am confident that I can tackle it >:D

My first Strasser kit, hopefully not the last :(

triceratops83

Wow, that's nice. You've got a few Dilophosaurs now, right?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 12, 2014, 01:24:35 PM
Wow, that's nice. You've got a few Dilophosaurs now, right?
Yeah, for some reason. I'm not particularly fond of the genus or anything, but I keep picking up sculpts of it for some reason >:D At the moment I have three (this one, Papo's, and the Kaiyodo).

triceratops83

You've definitely got the nicest of them! It is admittedly a really beautiful theropod, and lends itself well to good sculpts. Is the Creativebeast one too big for your collection?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Thank you :)

QuoteIs the Creativebeast one too big for your collection?

Yes...I'm a stickler for scale consistency :-[

triceratops83

Fair enough :)

Hopefully Lu Feng Shan keeps to 1/20th scale, his sculpts are very naturalistic. I have his Triceratops and am very fond of it.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 12, 2014, 03:34:24 PM

Hopefully Lu Feng Shan keeps to 1/20th scale, his sculpts are very naturalistic. I have his Triceratops and am very fond of it.
You should post your collection sometime. We need more kit builders and collectors on the board >:D

Dinomike

Looks great!  Can't wait to see how it turns out as a finished model as Dilophosaurus is one of my favourites!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 12, 2014, 06:04:54 PM

You should post your collection sometime. We need more kit builders and collectors on the board >:D

Still trying to wrap my head around posting images. Will try again soon... EDIT - got it.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 13, 2014, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 12, 2014, 06:04:54 PM

I can teach you to post them or do it for you triceratops , let me know.

Still trying to wrap my head around posting images. Will try again soon...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

CM Studios 1/15 Brachylophosaurus "Leonardo". It is advertised as 1/15 on the site, but since Leo was a sub-adult specimen, it will work as a 1/20 adult.

Sorry about the grubby workstation :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

You call that "grubby"? lol You should see my "creative stations" .. ;D

Good score!

triceratops83

Very Nice. I might have to get one of those.

tyrantqueen

My latest additions:

Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus skulls by Kaiyodo. I also have the Brachiosaurus on the way, but it's currently being held up by customs ::)

I got them all from Yahoo Japan auctions, through the Buyee proxy service.

Also picked up the CollectA baby Tyrannosaurus. No saggy ankles so far, at least as far as I can tell.

Concavenator

That baby Tyrannosaurus is wonderful.You've got a really impressive collection.If you like the new one for this year,I'd reccomend picking kt up as it's anawesome model and would make a great pair with the baby.Good pics too.  :)

Dinomike

Cool skulls! Why is the customs interested in the Brachiosaurus skull? Maybe they are jealous collectors?  :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dinomike on February 07, 2015, 10:19:24 PM
Cool skulls! Why is the customs interested in the Brachiosaurus skull? Maybe they are jealous collectors?  :)
The UK customs office will charge anything outside of the EU with a worth over £30 with an additional fee. Do you guys have something similar in the States? ???

That baby Tyrannosaurus is wonderful.You've got a really impressive collection.If you like the new one for this year,I'd reccomend picking kt up as it's anawesome model and would make a great pair with the baby.Good pics too.
Thanks :) I really like the new Tyrannosaurus but I don't think I'll be buying it. I usually stick to 1/20 scale or something similar.

Blade-of-the-Moon

To my knowledge the U.S. charges no such fees..at least I've never incurred them on anything.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2015, 03:07:13 AM
To my knowledge the U.S. charges no such fees..at least I've never incurred them on anything.
Count your blessings then :P

stargatedalek

Canada has them on certain kinds of electronics, but not on second hand parcels or on toys. Of course these are the same fees they will charge you every-time you buy an electronic device (mostly they are concerned with phones, but I have family who've had this happen to cameras) outside of the country, whether you take it across the border yourself or you ship it.

Those skulls are seriously cool! What scale are they in?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: