News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

indeed, now if only I could find the real lizard it was inspired by :P

It took me longer than usual to get pics up, but here's the results of my latest Value Village excursion;

McDonald HexBug Crab
I definitely don't collect McD toys, of the few that actually even have potential to interest me I find most of them underwhelming, but Crab has always been my favorite model of HexBug, so I couldn't help myself
Spoiler

[close]

K&M Moray Eel (leopard?)
this was the cream of the crop, a real novelty I think to find a figure with such nice detail thats also done in a soft rubber material
Spoiler

[close]

as yet unknown brand Albatross
definitely interesting, a fairly nice sculpt detail wise although the proportions of the wings are a bit off
I'd like to try and identify it, it looks vaguely familiar and I think it was being referred to as Lontic/Nayab, would that be it?
Spoiler

[close]

these were unintentional wins, some K&M and Scleich animals, they just happened to be in the same bag as that glorious moray eel
Spoiler
[close]

CityRaptor

Godzilla Comics!

"Das Erwachen" is the German release of "Awakening", one of the very pieces of Godzilla Merchandising we got for the 2014 Godzilla in Germany...
I'm also glad that IDW did not print adds for their Pony Stuff on the backs of the Godzilla Comics.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Hey Ophiderpetons and Hylobates. I got some cool swag:

triceratops83

A bunch of antelopes

EDIT - Oh, thank Yog Sothoth, I finally managed to post an image. Don't remember how, though... Anyway that's why I snuck in here for a practice run. This was the result of being super tired while watching a documentary then jumping on to Minizoo and ordering every antelope they had.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

croatasaurus

All together

Best toy

This lion is best of that all modern animal toys because he is in action,looks like he's roaring at some animal from Africa too scare it away or he is roaring to mark his territory.It is made of plastic,he's hard on touch.Lion has more detail than other toys.He's got curled mane and even he's got mane on the end of it's tail.He's long about 11 cm or 8,5 inches

stargatedalek

just a few hours ago I got a package, Safari Ltd. Tokay Gecko and Gila Monster! I've wanted this gecko since I was a little girl and I saw them used in a museum display, and it feels great to finally have one in my hands :D
they really do go nicely with their AAA counterparts! (monitor is by AAA)

they really do have a lot of detail to them, I just love cast figurines! its not that I have anything against sculpted figurines (heaven forbid!) but there's just something about cast pieces that I love, I guess it could be that I've always had a fondness for museums and these really do feel like mounted specimens

sadly it seems not everyone is as enthused as I am with the new additions:

tyrantqueen

I like cast toys too. Sadly they take up so much space since they're life sized and all. Oh well, glad to see they've found a new home with someone who appreciates them.

Btw, did its toe break off again in this photo, or I am seeing things?

stargatedalek

it did come off again partially in transit (perhaps it was from the cold, it can do funny things to glues) but I repaired it again with a few layers of glue and a flexible sealant, so it must have been an illusion in the picture

triceratops83

Very nice Stargatedalek, they look so real I wanna feed them.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Takama

Bionicle is Back, and better then ever.   My first set in 5 years, and it is the same charector that I bought first when the series first started back in 2001.

Pohatou: Toa of Stone

stargatedalek

A big lot came in the mail today, thanks again to DTF member tyrantqueen ;)
-AAA monitor
-AAA tegu
-Safari IC iguana
-and Toy Major monitor

AAA monitor (the larger one with mouth closed)
It feels great to have another one matching my first AAA monitor. Even the paint apps are a match.

AAA tegu
This one in particular stands out amongst the AAA in my collection. Perhaps its the sheen it has to it but it just feels so "alive" (not that they all don't!).

Toy Major AAA bootleg monitor (the monitor with the white, green, and purple stripes)
I don't deliberately(/actively) collect bootlegs, but tyrantqueen was nice enough to through it in and I'm overjoyed to have it! It definitely makes a nice companion to its original. Sadly the iguana and agama (Agama aculeata seems to match the original, but its hard to tell from the bootleg) bootlegs (also from Toy Major) were ones I purchased years ago, and I don't have the originals to compare them to (I had the opportunity to get the originals, but I didn't have particular interest in either, especially the iguana and you will soon see why).

Safari IC green iguana
My favorite from the lot and probably one of my favorite pieces in my collection already! I'm just so thrilled with it. Novelty Robo-iguana will always be loved, but its like comparing apples to super HD high resolution oranges. The baby IC iguana I've had for so long is also no longer parent-less.

here they are togerther with a few of their contemporaries:

tyrantqueen

Nice to see the bootleg monitor has some other knock-offs to hang out with :D

Do you have the really big nile monitor (over 29" in length)? I remember I always wanted that one badly, but never could find a seller that was willing to ship such a big figure to the UK.

stargatedalek

The knock-offs do have a certain charm to them in their own way.

I don't have that one yet, but (along with the cast sea turtles) its on my list to keep an eye out for ;)

Arul

Wow nice replica of v.nebulosus, or v.bengalensis hehe

tyrantqueen

I have been waiting for these visitors, help meeee >:D

Any ideas of the manufacturer of this Flatwoods Monster?

tyrantqueen

The '90s called >:D

They're so cute....and yes, they both still work.

tyrantqueen

New cassettes for my MP Soundwave. I don't normally photograph my MP collection because I have too many. I made an exception today because I just got them and they're dino related. These are KFC Slugfest (Haymaker) and Overkill (Overslay)

Because of the way this figure is jointed, you can pose Overslay with horizontal hips, or in a more traditional tripod pose.

Personally I choose the latter, it makes more sense to me given that these are based on eighties toys.

I really hope KFC will make a Flipsides next.

docronnie

Can anybody identify this monster from Kaiyodo?

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: docronnie on March 08, 2015, 09:38:44 AM
Can anybody identify this monster from Kaiyodo?

It's a type of Japanese yokai (mythical creature, basically) called amikiri (net-cutter). More info: http://yokai.com/amikiri/

Wait, Kaiyodo do yokai too?! Agh! Why is it so hard to get their figures here in the UK???!!! :'(
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Northern Tyrannosaur

Quote from: sauroid on June 22, 2014, 03:48:00 PM
a couple of new ones

I'm gonna need o know where you got these my friend, I'd love to add them to my collection!
"Instinct drove him forward, pride held his head up. The strength in his legs and the air in his lungs never wasted. All before him feared the flash of his jaws. There was only one King of the Great Plains."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: