News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Those are neat TQ (the tapes) ...i have the originals from the eighties...Slugest and Overkill, along with Ratbat, frenzy, buzzsaw, lazerbeak ravage and the rest.....what type of cost level were these and are they still offered?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Thanks, and yes, they are still available. The pair of these cost about £30 (about $45). Rather expensive for what you're getting but the whole Masterpiece line (and third party derivatives of it) are expensive in my opinion.

docronnie

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 08, 2015, 09:49:24 PM
Quote from: docronnie on March 08, 2015, 09:38:44 AM
Can anybody identify this monster from Kaiyodo?

It's a type of Japanese yokai (mythical creature, basically) called amikiri (net-cutter). More info: http://yokai.com/amikiri/

Wait, Kaiyodo do yokai too?! Agh! Why is it so hard to get their figures here in the UK???!!! :'(

Thanks a lot, Tyto! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Quen

Safari Ltd. Vanishing Wild Lions and Tigers.

I got these for Christmas, but I only got around to taking pictures of them the other day. I used to have the lioness and the adult wolves from same series when I was younger, but my mother threw them out along with all of my original dinosaur toys (still not completely over that one). But I have the lioness back now, plus her "mate" and "offspring". As for the tigers, I'm actually glad I didn't know about (or more to the point: have) them when I was little, or I would've been even more upset when I lost all of my toys. Which is also how I felt when I first learned that the Battat dinosaurs existed when I first started (re)collecting.

Edit: Photo changed to defeat the Photobucket Menace.

suspsy

I've given up collecting Transformers for the most part (and thank goodness, because the new Combiner Wars stuff would utterly bankrupt me), but there are still a few items that I simply haven't been able to pass up. Such as this guy:

Where were you when I needed you back in 1999, Tankor?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Also these two rascals.

Hope Kickback doesn't get left in the lurch.

stargatedalek

Package arrived the other day from bmathison1972 (thanks again!). He was so kind to throw in a few Yowies free of charge!

ring tailed lemur, wallaby, and brush tailed phascogale

sea hare

sponge crab, the sponge comes on and off and its so cute :3

blue ringed octopus

my personal favorite of the bunch, ornate pipefish

Next are the two Kaiyodo, an ogrefish and a squid

ogrefish, I'm glad to have another (in addition to the snailfish and seapig) from the deep sea line

this squid was giving some difficulties with identification, but having it in hand I can say its definitely Kaiyodo, its base is identical to my Alectic ciliaris (pompano), does anyone know the species? (it didn't have a bottlecap)

Now for the highlight(s), F-toys stag beetles! Every limb and and two joints of the thorax are poseable. I absolutely love this little things. If anyone knows the species names for me I'd be very grateful.

I regret not getting better pics of the last one.

triceratops83

I like that blue-ringed octopus. It'd be great if Yowies came back.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 28, 2015, 12:05:36 PM
New cassettes for my MP Soundwave. I don't normally photograph my MP collection because I have too many. I made an exception today because I just got them and they're dino related. These are KFC Slugfest (Haymaker) and Overkill (Overslay)

Because of the way this figure is jointed, you can pose Overslay with horizontal hips, or in a more traditional tripod pose.

Personally I choose the latter, it makes more sense to me given that these are based on eighties toys.

I really hope KFC will make a Flipsides next.

How much were they and where can I find them?

tyrantqueen

suspsy

Here's my latest Lego purchase: Green Lantern vs Sinestro, with Space Batman. It's a fantastic and very affordable set. The jet has a function where turning the large thruster at the rear fires the two large missiles. And the minifigures are sweet.

And here's my custom John Stewart. Never cared for Hal Jordan, plus I'm a big fan of the Justice League cartoon.

stargatedalek

A few months ago I was able to acquire my holy grail, the Safari ltd. Tokay gecko (thanks again to Tyrantqueen!). Today I was lucky enough to find it a home, courtesy of my oceans teacher.

Arul

There is a lot of wild tokay gecko in my attic, they are very noisy at night lol

Megalosaurus

Nice tokay.

I got a McFarlane Poacher

I'm not the kind of collector that keeps thing sealed. I like to take it out, watch everydetail and display it.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

joossa

I got these Endless Waltz kits today. I'm going to be trying out painting for the first time. I have done panel lining and sticker/decal application before, but never painting. This will be interesting.

I plan on making a custom Heavyarms using the MG kit as the core that will hopefully end up looking like the custom version in Endless Waltz. I bought the HG version already assembled from Ebay and will be using it for additional parts for the custom build.

And good old Sandrock will not be customized, just a straight build.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

Schleich orca

Safari MBA Manta

Takara Breezy Singers northern cardinal (eastern bluebird is not new)

tyrantqueen

"Wheelie say I shoot you today" >:D

Many people hate him, but I am not one of them. I think he was cute :D I liked the whole Autobot cast of the 1986 movie. Wheelie's G1 toy did suck greatly, I will admit that though.

He doesn't have his faction symbol yet because he is 3rd party.

CityRaptor

Well, apparently he is popular enough for those 3rd party guys to jump on him.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Tsukihi Araragi Figma arrived in the mail today. It was an arduous wait but well worth it, I'm very pleased!

Un-boxing her I was surprised by just how many parts she came with. The box itself is also very nice and the insert makes a lovely backdrop.

Had a bit of fun with the Carnegie caudipteryx, so that's why the poor thing is so terrified.

Looks like the feeling might be mutual.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: