News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Jetoar

My last acquisitions:

Finally I have all jaegers  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Ridureyu

As is probably obvious from my massive mythology thread, I got myself a Bishop Fish - inaccurately named Dagon - from Demon's Chronicle.  I've been actively searching for one for the better part of a year.  Sorta, it's really been like three years, but I focused on this for one.

As Dagon:

Old and New (this will be redone using natural daylight, which should be better for the MIMP):

And finally, here's a comparison with a 16th Century illustration by Richard Breton:

tyrantqueen

stargatedalek

at a yardsale today picked up;
-some StarWars 'dinosaur like' aliens
-a dance dance revolution pad, but its made of metal like an arcade version

EmperorDinobot

I got a bunch of old Batman figures for their weapons.

stargatedalek

I don't normally buy mythical creatures, but I couldn't pass on this one, the safari MR hydra

it looks a million times better in person than my horrible pictures xD
colours are pretty basic, but the shiny amethyst purple and the silver compliment each other nicely

my only complaints would be the visible seams (unexpected from safari) on the neck(s), and that it has some serious balance issues

Ridureyu

There was a pandemonium of questioning, and only Henry Wheeler thought to rescue the fallen telescope and wipe it clean of mud. Curtis was past all coherence, and even isolated replies were almost too much for him.

'Bigger'n a barn... all made o' squirmin' ropes... hull thing sort o' shaped like a hen's egg bigger'n anything with dozens o' legs like hogs-heads that haff shut up when they step... nothin' solid abaout it - all like jelly, an' made o' sep'rit wrigglin' ropes pushed clost together... great bulgin' eyes all over it... ten or twenty maouths or trunks a-stickin' aout all along the sides, big as stove-pipes an all a-tossin' an openin' an' shuttin'... all grey, with kinder blue or purple rings... an' Gawd it Heaven - that haff face on top...'

This final memory, whatever it was, proved too much for poor Curtis; and he collapsed completely before he could say more.

'The thing has gone for ever,' Armitage said. 'It has been split up into what it was originally made of, and can never exist again. It was an impossibility in a normal world. Only the least fraction was really matter in any sense we know. It was like its father - and most of it has gone back to him in some vague realm or dimension outside our material universe; some vague abyss out of which only the most accursed rites of human blasphemy could ever have called him for a moment on the hills.'

There was a brief silence, and in that pause the scattered senses of poor Curtis Whateley began to knit back into a sort of continuity; so that he put his hands to his head with a moan. Memory seemed to pick itself up where it had left off, and the horror of the sight that had prostrated him burst in upon him again.

'Oh, oh, my Gawd, that haff face - that haff face on top of it... that face with the red eyes an' crinkly albino hair, an' no chin, like the Whateleys... It was a octopus, centipede, spider kind o' thing, but they was a haff-shaped man's face on top of it, an' it looked like Wizard Whateley's, only it was yards an' yards acrost....'

Armitage chose his words very carefully.

'It was - well, it was mostly a kind of force that doesn't belong in our part of space; a kind of force that acts and grows and shapes itself by other laws than those of our sort of Nature. We have no business calling in such things from outside, and only very wicked people and very wicked cults ever try to. There was some of it in Wilbur Whateley himself - enough to make a devil and a precocious monster of him, and to make his passing out a pretty terrible sight. I'm going to burn his accursed diary, and if you men are wise you'll dynamite that altar-stone up there, and pull down all the rings of standing stones on the other hills. Things like that brought down the beings those Whateleys were so fond of - the beings they were going to let in tangibly to wipe out the human race and drag the earth off to some nameless place for some nameless purpose.

'But as to this thing we've just sent back - the Whateleys raised it for a terrible part in the doings that were to come. It grew fast and big from the same reason that Wilbur grew fast and big - but it beat him because it had a greater share of the outsideness in it. You needn't ask how Wilbur called it out of the air. He didn't call it out. It was his twin brother, but it looked more like the father than he did.'

-H. P. Lovecraft, The Dunwich Horror

stargatedalek

well I have good news, but it comes with a warning
good news being my AAA monitor has finally arrived, so I can stop worrying about that
warning being don't use eBay global shipping service, the package got returned to the seller which delayed delivery by nearly a month, and thats on top of the week or so it spent at the "eBay center" each time it went through
the seller was very helpful and did an amazing job
I was panicking, I figured eBay staff had lost the package

it was certainly well worth the wait
I love everything about this figure, the detail, the pose, and even the heft, it has a real weight to it

and heres a comparison to the animal planet equivalent, AAA is smaller and more detailed (the feet on the AP lizard still make me think of zoo tycoon 2 vanilla lizard model)

Takama

Congrats on your new Accusation.     Lucky thing I cant shop on Ebay

EmperorDinobot

That's quite an Accusation ;)

I myself got a ton of Batman figures that I was missing from my collection with the goal to complete the nooks and crannies left.

alexeratops

Got the new Skylanders Trap Team game, the day it came out. Really fun game! :D
Here's the trailer if you don't know what it is. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8T78t9iRjs&list=PLY5SNtGDh9QBMCJtfPW6jH86jdbJyYL89
like a bantha!

Ridureyu

I got a few more Arkham Horror miniatures!

Nyarlathotep: The Shadowy Figure (a subtle, humanoid form)

Nyarlathotep:  The Wailing Writher (not a subtle form at all)

Byakhee (should be a little more insectile in the torso)

Hound of Tindalos (they can appear in any corner or angle)

Proto-Shoggoth (were these Shoggoth variants created for the roleplaying game?)

CityRaptor

"The arrogance of men is thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around."

( That movie mainly is alright, but it could need more Godzilla and less scenes set in pitchblack darkness. )

"Let them fight."

( Wizkids Godzilla 1954 & 2014, Zacca Gorosaurus )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

my Tenori Inko Collection birds showed up :3

first the cockatiels, these two are my favourites of the bunch (and also the largest)

next the budgerigars

and now the lovebirds

compared to their Kaiyodo Furuta counterparts

and heres the whole lot together

the horrible focus on my camera does not do justice to the tiny details on these wonderful little birds
the sculpts and paint apps are beautiful, and they are accurate to boot (even down to the eyes on the two albino strains!)

and just for fun heres a shot with 御坂 美琴 [Mikoto Misaka], they are definitely not in 1:14.6 scale :P

stargatedalek

Relatives returned from Scotland with lots of things for my parents and I. Scleich parrot rex and bearded dragon, some books, some rather interesting chinastore animals, and absolutely mountains of sweets not available for purchase here in New Scotland (he-he).

The Scleich bearded dragon really is a lovely piece, its my second copy of it too. The chinastore figures are very interesting and nicely made for what they are.

EmperorDinobot

stargatedalek

I didn't intend to get this, it just happened to be in the grab bag with some dinosaurs I wanted, but amongst the other yard sale fodder chinasaurs this lizard wasn't half bad. Not especially accurate or high quality of make but it has character.

tyrantqueen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: