News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Acquisitions for June and July:

Schleich Alligator Boxed Set - Not normally one for Schleich, but at $4 I practically felt obligated to buy them!

Papo Barn Owl and Albino(?) Nile Crocodile - I chose the albino since being the juvenile it can double as an albino alligator whereas the pigmented version couldn't. Owl paint has been touched up slightly.

Safari ltd. Incredible Creatures Largemouth(?) Bass, Mudpuppy, Red Bellied Piranha, Shrimp, and Goliath Grouper - Been meaning to get most of these for some time, Mudpuppy has been repainted as a hypothetical albino specimen based on related species.

Replica Toy Fish Pike, Long Nosed Gar (adult and juvenile), juvenile Alligator Gar, Yellow Perch, and Pumpkinseed - First time experience with this brand, not disappointed!

Tomy Yveltail - Not my favorite Pokémon by any means but I got a great price on it.

SHFigurearts Sailor Jupiter - First time buying an SHFigurearts figure, must say I prefer Figma but pleased nonetheless.

And of course, the magnificent Flashforge Finder 3D printer!

stargatedalek

Wasn't expecting to be posting again this soon but in the mail today came Uzuki Shimamura from iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and CollectA Gallus gallus domesticus.

AcroSauroTaurus

I got back from Chicago today, got the three dinos from the Field Museum, but the main reason I went to Chicago was for Godzilla Fest! I got three Ghidorah figures(Ghidorah is my favorite Kaiju), the Neca 1994 Godzilla, and the Basilisk from Harry Potter.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Flaffy

Wait... I thought the torosaurus and anatotitan was retired... So they aren't retired?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 18, 2016, 06:01:17 AM
Wait... I thought the torosaurus and anatotitan was retired... So they aren't retired?

They are retired from other stores, including online ones, and are now only found at the Field Museum.
I am the Dinosaur King!

stargatedalek

I got very lucky at Value Village the other day, I found a Smithsonian Dragonfly! At first I thought it was the Hidden Kingdom dragonfly so that was a pleasant surprise. My shelf of large terrestrial inverts is quickly expanding. The tip of the tail is worn down but other than that great condition.

A few months ago my IC Bald Eagle got damaged and I finally got another one, but I must say I'm very disappointed with the paint app and warping.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 28, 2016, 06:28:35 PM
I got very lucky at Value Village the other day, I found a Smithsonian Dragonfly! At first I thought it was the Hidden Kingdom dragonfly so that was a pleasant surprise. My shelf of large terrestrial inverts is quickly expanding. The tip of the tail is worn down but other than that great condition.

Are those skeletons from the Tiny Perfect Dinosaur series?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 28, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 28, 2016, 06:28:35 PM

Are those skeletons from the Tiny Perfect Dinosaur series?
I honestly have no idea, both are second hand. They can be assembled and the Tyrannosaurus jaw is poseable.

stargatedalek

I was so fond of my 1:1 goose I decided to finish the family with the higher end model.

sauroid

i think we should have a Classifieds section for the "other toys and collectibles" thread
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

How many of us grew in the 80's and love Super Mario Bros.?

I got this Pepsi Twist bootle caps collection from Japan:

Level by level:

Some fantastic 3D pixelated representations.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

copper

Those look AWESOME! I've never stumbled upon these, now I'll have to add some of them to my wishlist!

Dilopho

Aww man! I didn't grow up in the 80s but Super Mario Bros. was my LIFE!

Aww....I have so many fond memories. I played the HECK out of New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Ds. I had the game 100% complete, I even filled the score with all 9s somehow. I played it every day for years and somehow never got bored of it. I wish I still had that game...  :'(

EmperorDinobot

The Atroxious

Lookit what I just got! Well, in truth these arrived yesterday, but I didn't really have an opportunity to do much with them at the time, so I didn't set them up properly until today.

I already have the vulture and "dark mist" raven from this lineup, but the hornbill was a long anticipated must-have, and I found that I had a hard time resisting the white raven and blue jay. I wound up getting the toucan by mistake, but I can't bring myself to get rid of him, so he's here to stay.

I'm probably going to touch up the paint on the raven and jay since some of the drybrushing is a bit rough and too transparent in places. I miiiight touch up the paint on the toucan's bill, but I'm still undecided about that.

Regardless, I'm more than happy with these guys. Possibly my favorite toy series to date.

Dilopho

the bluejay just looks absolutely hilarious!

Big, beefy arms...teeny little head!

fason

The Atroxious

Quote from: Dilopho on December 08, 2016, 10:50:50 PM
the bluejay just looks absolutely hilarious!

Big, beefy arms...teeny little head!

Teeny birdy head good for pecking out the eyes...and also delicious seeds.

Quote from: fason on December 08, 2016, 11:39:39 PM
im in love with those birds :))

As am I!

I got pictures of all my birds together in their current display. I switched the weapons around a bit based on my personal preferences.

I touched up the paint on the vulture's head so that he more closely resembles a lappet-face, with the blue-gray color near the beak. I also repainted the eyes to make them look more intense. Other than him, though, all the birds are as they came straight out of the box.

Killekor

Hi,
You Can post your Christmas presents on the Christmas thread.

Thanks and enjoy!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: