News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' sketches and concepts~

Started by fabricious, April 10, 2014, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: fabricious on January 21, 2016, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 21, 2016, 04:16:01 AM
Quote from: fabricious on January 20, 2016, 07:34:45 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 20, 2016, 04:24:13 AM
Those look really good! Diabloceratops is my favorite ceratopsian, I can't wait to see it finished! (I'm just assuming its a Diabloceratops, since you probably want to keep its identity a secret.) ;)

I was pretty sure people would get it right away, since the frill is quite distinguishable, haha.

Haha, yah. Just the silhouette looks good enough, haha, maybe add a sunset in the background?

First I'll have to finish it. :D But I might not be able to reveal the whole thing yet, might be under NDA. ;)

I figured it was still a WIP, and if I may ask, what does NDA stand for?
I am the Dinosaur King!

fabricious

yankeetrex

Quote from: fabricious on January 19, 2016, 10:56:46 PM
And another one:

Hey, fellow modeler, love your work, quick question, If you are using Zbrush(i'm not sure), are you dynameshing separate pieces together? I've been trying to decide if my workflow of using z spheres for the base armature is a waste of time.  Sculpting parts and then dynameshing them together seems more productive to me.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: fabricious on January 22, 2016, 09:52:18 AM
NDA means non disclosure agreement.

Ah ok, Thanks. So its kinda like temporarily "classified" then?
I am the Dinosaur King!

fabricious

Quote from: yankeetrex on January 22, 2016, 04:02:54 PM
Hey, fellow modeler, love your work, quick question, If you are using Zbrush(i'm not sure), are you dynameshing separate pieces together? I've been trying to decide if my workflow of using z spheres for the base armature is a waste of time.  Sculpting parts and then dynameshing them together seems more productive to me.

It's the first time I'm trying it like this, to be honest. I've worked with Zsphere armatures a couple of times, as well as just dynameshing a sphere. Whichever floats your boat, really. There's no 'right' way in Zbrush.

fabricious

Alright, since it got revealed on the discord chat already, I can now show you this bad boy:

Diabloceratops for the game project "The Isle", which I'll be doing models for now! Can't reveal anything else about what I'm working on, but I'll keep you guys posted as soon as they're revealed.

Quote from: fabricious on January 23, 2016, 08:59:28 AM
It's the first time I'm trying it like this, to be honest. I've worked with Zsphere armatures a couple of times, as well as just dynameshing a sphere. Whichever floats your boat, really. There's no 'right' way in Zbrush.

To answer this one: I actually kind of like how I did this, now. Used the technique for another model and it's actually surprisingly helpful.

spinosaurus1

AcroSauroTaurus

You're doing the models for "The Isle" now... thats great!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kayakasaurus

That looks great! Congratulations on being part of a game like that!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoLord

Congrats on working for The Isle! I was already keeping an eye on that game but now have more reason to do so.

fabricious

Thanks guys! The game is really worth getting, it's already a lot of fun and it's just in Early Access.

fabricious

Hey guys! Long time no update from me (sorry for that), since I have a lot going on with working for The Isle, making illustrations for Pteros and Earth Archives as well as trying to get along with studying. But I started to re-work an illustration I shared in here a while ago: my Tapejara wellnhoferi (also initially done for Earth Archives, will be updated there too). I got myself Witton's amazing pterosaur book and it's cringeworthy looking at the old version now, haha.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks awesome to my in-training eye!   Just started a 1:1 Tupuxuara here and trying to follow Wittons work myself.

AcroSauroTaurus

The other two in the background weren't updated, did you do that on purpose? or did you just not realize it?
I am the Dinosaur King!

fabricious

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2016, 03:16:59 PM
Looks awesome to my in-training eye!   Just started a 1:1 Tupuxuara here and trying to follow Wittons work myself.

Witton's book is amazing for understanding their anatomy! I have barely anything but pterosaurs on my mind lately. Been thinking of making a life-sized Austriadactylus cristatus myself! Good luck with the Tupuxuara, Chris!

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 19, 2016, 04:42:20 PM
The other two in the background weren't updated, did you do that on purpose? or did you just not realize it?

If you look closely at the text in the image, it says "WIP", since it's still a work in progress. ;) They have by now been updated slightly, but it's still a long way until I'm satisfied with everything.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: fabricious on March 20, 2016, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2016, 03:16:59 PM

Witton's book is amazing for understanding their anatomy! I have barely anything but pterosaurs on my mind lately. Been thinking of making a life-sized Austriadactylus cristatus myself! Good luck with the Tupuxuara, Chris!

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 19, 2016, 04:42:20 PM

If you look closely at the text in the image, it says "WIP", since it's still a work in progress. ;) They have by now been updated slightly, but it's still a long way until I'm satisfied with everything.

Ok, I was just paying attention to the artwork,  ;D I didn't see that it was still a WIP. Its looking good though.
I am the Dinosaur King!

faydga

Any updates on the Shapeways front?

fabricious

Quote from: faydga on March 21, 2016, 05:11:45 AM
Any updates on the Shapeways front?

Sadly not. I didn't get to finish any more models for printing since I started working on The Isle. I'm also aiming more for illustration- and animation-ready models at the moment, rather than for 3D-printing (since it's a bit of a different pipeline).

fabricious

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the first two are my favorites, more color and bolder patterns.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: