News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' sketches and concepts~

Started by fabricious, April 10, 2014, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 31, 2015, 02:33:27 AM
Quote from: fabricious on December 30, 2015, 05:09:19 PM
Thanks a bunch for the offer! I'll let you know should I need any!
is the aquilops eventually destined to be a print model or just a work in passing?

I would like to get him printed for myself, actually! So I will most likely submit him to shapeways at some point.

fabricious

triceratops83

Hey Fabricious, I picked up your 1/40 Triceratops in WSF. This is my favourite piece from Shapeways.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Jetoar

Really beautiful Triceratops fabricious. Your works are amazing  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

fabricious

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 09, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
Hey Fabricious, I picked up your 1/40 Triceratops in WSF. This is my favourite piece from Shapeways.

Oh wow! You did an amazing job of painting this one up! I didn't even recognise my model, haha. :D Would you mind if I shared it on my facebook-page?

Quote from: Jetoar on January 09, 2016, 10:13:39 AM
Really beautiful Triceratops fabricious. Your works are amazing  ^-^.

Thanks! :)

fabricious

Alright, new skill achieved: Retopologizing for games/animation! :)

Mamasaurus

That triceratops is absolutely exquisite! I wish I had better words, but I really love how lifelike it is 😊

The kentrosaurus is looking great as well. The stegosaurs are some of my favorite dinosaurs, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on it. 😊

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

DinoLord

Great work! Have you looked into the debate as to whether the side spikes were located on the shoulders or the hips? I know the original describers and Heinrich Mallison are in support of the latter, while the former is primarily suggested by the discovery of Gigantspinosaurus. According to Mallison the spikes do fit on the shoulders but would be angled downwards in that position which doesn't seem particularly useful for an animal defending itself from taller theropods.

fabricious

Quote from: DinoLord on January 11, 2016, 02:50:34 AM
Great work! Have you looked into the debate as to whether the side spikes were located on the shoulders or the hips? I know the original describers and Heinrich Mallison are in support of the latter, while the former is primarily suggested by the discovery of Gigantspinosaurus. According to Mallison the spikes do fit on the shoulders but would be angled downwards in that position which doesn't seem particularly useful for an animal defending itself from taller theropods.

I stuck with Hartman's latest reconstruction in that regard, until there is a specimen found in situ which has the spike located somewhere else. The plates themselves are based on the mounted skeleton in Berlin. :)

fabricious

Little doodle from yesterday, before going to bed: Cricket, perched on a branch. I re-worked her design a bit:

Tyto_Theropod

Lovely picture. I love how birdlike she looks, and how alive. Aside from Microraptorinae, we really don't see enough Dromaeosauridae in trees in palaeoart, especially considering how well-equipped they would have been for climbing around in them.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

fabricious

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 11, 2016, 07:23:00 PM
Lovely picture. I love how birdlike she looks, and how alive. Aside from Microraptorinae, we really don't see enough Dromaeosauridae in trees in palaeoart, especially considering how well-equipped they would have been for climbing around in them.

I definitely agree! Seeing how nimble modern day birds are, I want to see more dromaeosaurs perched in trees, even if just for sleeping. Also gives an advantage in hunting, especially in a desert environment where prey might look for shelter. :D

triceratops83

Quote from: fabricious on January 10, 2016, 11:46:06 AM
Oh wow! You did an amazing job of painting this one up! I didn't even recognise my model, haha. :D Would you mind if I shared it on my facebook-page?

Sorry about the late reply and thanks! I'd be honoured if you share it!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

fabricious

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

fabricious

AcroSauroTaurus

Those look really good! Diabloceratops is my favorite ceratopsian, I can't wait to see it finished! (I'm just assuming its a Diabloceratops, since you probably want to keep its identity a secret.) ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

fabricious

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 20, 2016, 04:24:13 AM
Those look really good! Diabloceratops is my favorite ceratopsian, I can't wait to see it finished! (I'm just assuming its a Diabloceratops, since you probably want to keep its identity a secret.) ;)

I was pretty sure people would get it right away, since the frill is quite distinguishable, haha.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: fabricious on January 20, 2016, 07:34:45 AM

I was pretty sure people would get it right away, since the frill is quite distinguishable, haha.

Haha, yah. Just the silhouette looks good enough, haha, maybe add a sunset in the background?
I am the Dinosaur King!

fabricious

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 21, 2016, 04:16:01 AM
Quote from: fabricious on January 20, 2016, 07:34:45 AM

Haha, yah. Just the silhouette looks good enough, haha, maybe add a sunset in the background?

First I'll have to finish it. :D But I might not be able to reveal the whole thing yet, might be under NDA. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: