News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Started by alexeratops, May 19, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

So it appears that the film has been out for a couple of days, and the critics didn't care for it. No surprise there. And yet I hear that Paramount wants to make a fifth and six movie? ::)

I was channel surfing last night and I actually got a chance to see the first Bayformer movie. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I did not care for it. I don't intend to go out of my way to see any of the sequels.

It's nice to see the Dinobots. I'm glad that they invited Frank Welker to voice Galvatron (even though I prefer him as Megs :P That's not to say Hugo Weaving was bad in the first film though...) 

EmperorDinobot

I'm seeing it on Wednesday. I hear that my children make a rather limited appearance. :(

tyrantqueen

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 30, 2014, 10:19:41 AM
I'm seeing it on Wednesday. I hear that my children make a rather limited appearance. :(
Primus, is that you? >:D

CityRaptor

Guess he is rather Wheeljack.

Some interesting concept art:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/age-of-extinction-concept-art-by-wesley-burt-180567/
More Dinobots including a pack of Raptors! Strafe as a two-headed robot! Drift looking like Ken Watanabe!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I am Emperor Dinobot (Wheeljack is kinda dead), Emperor of all robot dinosaurs. The more exposure my kind gets, the better, for it is we who will inherit the Earth...and every other livable planet. I mean, I didn't choose this name for nothing LoL. *sounds really crazy right about now*.

So Slash is not in the movie, it appears. Or Snarl or Sludge. Hmm.

CityRaptor

Him Grimlock King of the Dinobots!

Slash was atleast planned to be in the movie.  Several of him it seems.

And Slug was planned to have a proper beak.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

There was a trailer showing the hero being pursued by a pack of three " Slash " of so it appeared. 

I saw concepts for snarl and sludge but wasn't sure if they'd made it in or not.

Slag/Slug should have had a normal look..no idea why the boar tusks..I think Bay likes messing with the fans to a degree.

docronnie

We watched this movie yesterday and we enjoyed it.

The theory that aliens wiped all the dinos have crossed my mind many years ago, but I did tell my Seventh Day Adventist dad for fear of you know what. I just thought that someone placed us here to thrive  on our own, but they have to get rid first of all the other creatures that seems to be a threat to our existence.

Going back to the movie, I think I saw a Trex (Grimlock), Pterosaur, Triceratops and Stegosaurus. Id this correct or did I miss a dino?
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Actually it is:
Grimlock - Tyrannosaurus
Slug - Triceratops
Strafe - 2 headed Pteranodon
Scorn - Spinosaurus
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on July 03, 2014, 05:32:16 PM
The theory that aliens wiped all the dinos have crossed my mind many years ago, but I did tell my Seventh Day Adventist dad for fear of you know what. I just thought that someone placed us here to thrive  on our own, but they have to get rid first of all the other creatures that seems to be a threat to our existence.

So why would they leave crocodiles but kill off poor little Thescelosaurus and Leptoceratops?

CityRaptor

Even better yet, why would they opt for humans if they can have Dinosaurs. You know, civilized, hyper intelligent Dinosaurs.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just got back from seeing it. Not too bad. There was actually a neat scene at the beginning with realistic cg dinos..I think the Psittacosaurus was pretty good looking there.

The whole film wasn't bad..a bit darker than the last ones as has been said.  My biggest nitpicks were the vocal songs played so often and the horns on Grimlock Slag/Sludge's lower jaw...they just kept drawing my eye but that's likely just me.

It never said why they looked liked dinosaurs/dragon amalgamations. Heck it never even mentioned their names. And they were in only in the latter third of the film I think.

docronnie

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 03, 2014, 07:32:05 PM
Actually it is:
Grimlock - Tyrannosaurus
Slug - Triceratops
Strafe - 2 headed Pteranodon
Scorn - Spinosaurus

So my 4 year old daughter was right, it is a Spinosaurus. Thanks!

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

So why would they leave crocodiles but kill off poor little Thescelosaurus and Leptoceratops?

I think certain families of creatures of the same make up were eradicated together.

Btw i did not tell my dad. Missed the not.

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on July 04, 2014, 01:04:16 AM

I think certain families of creatures of the same make up were eradicated together.

Well they forgot to kill the birds in that case didn't they?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It did show a Psittacosaurus that escaped the blast.

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:58:51 AM

I think they utilized a specific gene poison or something that was only lethal to certain creatures.

Balaur

Trisdino

Have not seen the movie(aint out here yet), but that concept art looks far better than the finished products. It is like they took those fairly "realistic" dinosaur forms, and then mutilated them.

Also, what is up with marketing a dinobot a ton, and then not even including it?

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on July 04, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:58:51 AM

I think they utilized a specific gene poison or something that was only lethal to certain creatures.

How about this, it's just a bogus idea to begin with? The non-avian dinosaurs were killed off by a giant rock hitting the earth or a combination of natural events. You think that could be it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: