News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' shapeways models

Started by fabricious, June 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

And since the current amount of detail is not enough: refining the dorsal and lateral scutes along the bony plates that protect the neck (and that combine the dorsal and lateral plates). Good thing I started doing that, it looks SO much better (and more understandable) now!

fabricious

Nearing completion. Had to update my RAM in order to finish this model...

fabricious

I will move to my art thread for further updates about my models, since I won't be uploading all of them to shapeways or turn them into model kits in the future, I think. If you still want to keep up, here's the thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2184.msg58304#msg58304

I'll add a new preview that especially tyrantqueen might like... ;)

fabricious

Would anyone be interested if I made a dead (and half-eaten) version of my Pachyrhinosaurus? Could be a nice combination with one of the Albertosaurus.

Dinosaurana

fabricious

fabricious

Dispatching a dinosaur is actually more fun than I thought initially, haha.

Should be up on shapeways later today, if I don't find anything better to do. ;)

fabricious

Aaand I'm (or rather... he is) almost done! Now to add some more bitemarks around the throat and frill, as well as the hindleg, and we're good to go! What do you guys think? :)

fabricious

Looking at this I can't help but wonder if a fully grown Albertosaurus was even close to taking down a fully grown Pachyrhinosaurus.

triceratops83

Was just thinking the same thing. Lol.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

fabricious

Well, with more than twice the weight... this thing is brutal! :D I guess the relation between Carnosaurs and Ceratopsids must have been very similar throughout their existance, thinking of Protoceratpps and Velociraptor or Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops/Torosaurus (as Blade-of-the-Moon showed with his enormous Trike statue). Those were tough times indeed!

Manatee

That didn't take very long. It's quite nice, like a more detailed  version of CollectA's ceratopsian corpse but obviously using Pachy rather than Triceratops.

Also, Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus weren't carnosaurs. Probably a typo, just saying though.

fabricious

Oh dear, I didn't see that! Thanks for pointing it out, that's what happens when I try to do multitasking... ;) (simultaneously working on members of the carnivora is confusing, haha. Those mammals...)

I am currently throwing in some colors (due to a friend demanding it). Turned out to be a little too JP-esque, but I kind of like it so far.

tyrantqueen

A bit too gruesome for my taste, but I like the paintjob. It looks quite believable.

fabricious

Thanks, TQ! I must say, halfway through I suddenly felt really sorry for the poor guy (so much for empathy...), but I really wanted to make a good diorama piece. I will most likely adjust my Alberto model to suit this carcass and create a turntable.

PS.: I hope this is not too much gore for the forum? If so, I'll remove all the bloody content from the thread.

DinoLord

The bite marks are a nice touch!

Now that the Struthiosaurus is done any plans for new pieces?

fabricious

Quote from: DinoLord on December 17, 2014, 09:19:02 PM
The bite marks are a nice touch!

Now that the Struthiosaurus is done any plans for new pieces?

I actually still have the Spinosaurus base mesh laying around, as well as the T. rex I started last week. But for now I'll just work a bit on the Pachy and Alberto diorama, I think. It's nice to work on models without actually sculpting, for a change (the Struthio gave me a lot of stress and headaches, even though it was worth it, it was exhausting as well). But, as usual, I'm always up for suggestions and ideas!

DinoLord

Nice, the Pachyrhinosaurus & Albertosaurus would make a great diorama piece. I'm still hoping to see some sauropods - they seem under-represented on Shapeways compared to all the love ceratopsians and tyrannosaurs get!

fabricious

Speaking of sauropods: A good friend asked me to do a brachiosaur. Might be a tad too enormous for printing, but that might be one of the future projects. :) I was thinking of Giraffatitan, since I really like the name. :D

DinoLord

Giraffatitan is my favorite! That one might be a good candidate for printing (maybe even in resin form), as there is a lack of good resin models of this genus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: