News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' shapeways models

Started by fabricious, June 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 23, 2014, 05:23:54 PM
It looks gorgeous. I would be very interested in getting it in 1/20 >:D

By the way, Gorgonzola has a method for splitting up models so they can be printed in several parts. It might interest you.

Thanks! And yes, I've seen that... I already asked Andrew about quite a lot of things during sculpting, hehe. ;)

fabricious

By popular demand: Waking up. I couldn't stop myself. :P

tyrantqueen

It's cute :) Although, if it's at rest, shouldn't the toes be a little more relaxed? Rather than spread out like they are. Here's an example of what I mean by "relaxed".

fabricious

Well, obviously, but that was one of the last things I did. ;) Doesn't matter now, though, since I kind of lost the whole progress, thanks to an error with the program. Oh well. Back to the start, then.

fabricious

Aaand it happened again. Two more hours gone. Oh well. Can't say I'm all too happy about an error I can do nothing to avoid, it seems.

fabricious

Oh, nevermind, I did it! Defeated the bug, it seems, haha.

fabricious

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

fabricious

fabricious

Available in 1/72, and I'm off to bed, since I just spent at least four hours trying to fix this issue, haha.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2790923/relaxing-albertosaurus-sarcophagus-1-72.html?materialId=6

fabricious

Hm, something big might be making its way here. I'm not sure if I'll finish this one any time soon, though.

I am using this image as a rough reference: http://fabrizioderossi.deviantart.com/art/Spinosaurus-Revised-479151633

stargatedalek

very nice work so far

if I may, I recommend you choose a different reference since that one was based on the Nat Geo teaser photo without much of the detail regarding proportions that wasn't available until more recently
perhaps this reference would better serve;
http://miyess.deviantart.com/art/New-spinosaurus-excerpt-from-the-paper-481792654

Concavenator

fabricious

Thanks for the input, stargatedalek, I'll look into it.

fabricious

Tweaked the frame a bit, looks more like the welsh-corgi-like Spinosaurus now. That tail is giving me headaches, though...

fabricious

Had no time to work on the Spinosaurus, but I finally got the official commission for a scientific model + illustration from that! Here is the first work in progress picture, it is Struthiosaurus austriacus and it might or might not going to be available in 1/10, 1/20 and 1/40 after I'm done (I'll have to figure that out with my clients). :)

fabricious

The Struthiosaurus is starting to look more like a dinosaur than a blob:

Herbivores are a bit harder to sculpt than carnivores, so far. I'm curious to see how he'll turn out!

fabricious

Not sure about the feet, since there is next to no good reference for that. Might this be suitable for nodosaurid ankylosaurs? The illustration I got as reference shows elephantine feet, but from what I could see in Sauropelta-tracks, they seem to have a similar footprint to sauropods?

fabricious

Can't stop sharing the process with you guys!

stargatedalek

it looks very nice so far
what plans for integument do you have?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: