News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Did you ever have much luck in placing all the documentary style threads into a single board or side board by themselves.......perhaps along with many of the puzzle and game style threads as perhaps a grouping?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sim

Since the Elasmosaurus head is no longer visible on the main forum page, and the Pachycephalosaurus head is used for 2 different boards, I think it might be a good idea to replace one of the Pachycephalosaurus with the Elasmosaurus?  I only noticed the Elasmosaurus head had gone from the main page when I saw it with all the Tyrannosaurus heads here!: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on September 18, 2014, 10:34:55 PM
Since the Elasmosaurus head is no longer visible on the main forum page, and the Pachycephalosaurus head is used for 2 different boards, I think it might be a good idea to replace one of the Pachycephalosaurus with the Elasmosaurus?  I only noticed the Elasmosaurus head had gone from the main page when I saw it with all the Tyrannosaurus heads here!: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

Oh, I think that might be a mistake, the kits section should be on the main board, I'll move it back.

I duplicated the Pachycephalosaurus when I created the new museums section.

DinoToyForum

Righty. I've set up a new user group called 'reviewers'. Reviewers will be have green symbols, green names in the who's online list, and access to a private dinotoyblog reviewers board: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=30.0. I'll add reviewers to this group now but if I miss anyone, let me know.

DinoToyForum

OK - done. I think it is nice that all the reviewers get special attention in the list :)

Of course, global moderators will have access to the reviewers board, but those that are also reviewers themselves will not be listed as such, because I can't allocate members to more than one group at a time. :)

alexeratops

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 01, 2015, 11:48:38 PM
Righty. I've set up a new user group called 'reviewers'. Reviewers will be have green symbols, green names in the who's online list, and access to a private dinotoyblog reviewers board: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=30.0. I'll add reviewers to this group now but if I miss anyone, let me know.
Awww, I'm not in it! LOL just kidding... I'm not nearly active enough to be one! :) Good addition though
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

I get my own group..editers yay !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 02, 2015, 03:26:39 AM
I get my own group..editers yay !!!

Hehe. I wouldn't want to encourage you talking to yourself!

Arul

Congrats to all reviewers  :)

Patrx

Blade-of-the-Moon

sauroid

how does one submit reviews for the dino toy blog?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Tallin

This is a good idea! Hopefully when I can steal my friend's camera again to photograph models (hehe) I can be more active with reviewing again.

Dinomike

Aha! So that's why some of the names turned green! Good idea!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Takama

DR Admin, the red color of your name makes you look like a tyrant of the forum ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on June 04, 2015, 02:54:28 AM
DR Admin, the red color of your name makes you look like a tyrant of the forum ;D

Yes, I added a colour key to the front page and changed the admin colour in the process  8)

DinoToyForum

I updated rule 6 to cover 'pointless' posts, as follows.

6. Excessive off-topic or pointless posts are not allowed.

Dilopho

Is the layout now different for anyone else? I can't access my updated topics from the top left anymore,I have to go to home page.
It's really bugging me. I don't like it at all. I prefer to just get there with one click. Organised.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Dilopho on December 11, 2015, 12:21:41 AM
Is the layout now different for anyone else? I can't access my updated topics from the top left anymore,I have to go to home page.
It's really bugging me. I don't like it at all. I prefer to just get there with one click. Organised.

Nothing changed. You might have accidentally hit the toggle button?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: