News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

New Battats: Mission Accomplished!

For anyone in New York City they had them at the East Harlem Target on 117th.

loru1588

Quote from: Roselaar on August 25, 2014, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on August 24, 2014, 02:11:15 PM
Battat is doing there best to work out distributorship in Europe and elsewhere. Target will have the final say, so no promises. They do understand about all the collectors out there.

Battat on the European market would be the icing on the cake in what is already a wonderful string of delightfully positive events. I know the Netherlands would be skipped out in such an occurrence, as they usually are, but it would sitll make it a lot easier (and cheaper) to score these beauties.

Incidentally, could anyone supply me with the product bar codes for each of the four currently available figures? A friend of mine in the USA is trying to get me these, but he wants to phone Target ahead to make sure they're in stock, instead of wasting his time and effort by visiting a store that doesn't have them. Thanks in advance! :)

For Amanda and anyone else interested, here are the bar codes to the 1st four: 062243275591, 062243275614, 062243275607, 062243275621. At least this way they can track them down in the store for you.

amanda

Thanks. My Target says they are not in the store anywhere, so the wait continues. They do have the end caps in storage, and have had for two weeks. But no animals and the display is not set up. The manager says he has no idea what they are, or when they will be in. :(

Takama

Well I checks my local Target today, and Surprise, they had them.   I think all Targets will get them eventually. 

EmperorDinobot

I found them too! I'm so happy! Remember that America's Home Video of this lady opening a porcelain doll and going nuts over it in an exaggerated manner? Yeah. That was me. I reviewed "Elvis" in my new Dinobot review site: http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/ .

He is so beautiful, I want to marry him.

Nitras

Hello! Just registered on the forum. Wanted to say that these figures are awesome,and I hope to get my hands on some. And, to the sculptor, in the future it would be cool to get an Edmontosaurus with the "rooster comb" that was discovered last year on a figure!

Meso-Cenozoic

Welcome Nitras!

Sorry if this question has been asked earlier. I tried to scan this whole thread and didn't spot it. I was wondering if anyone had heard if the Minis were also making a comeback? They're the only ones I'm missing from the original set. I can't believe I turned down the offer of them when I was ordering the original set on the phone back in the '90s. At the time I thought, why would I want mini versions of the full-size figures? WHAT WAS I THINKING!!  :P

DinoLord

Dan has said that there are no plans for the minis yet

Meso-Cenozoic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Nitras on August 26, 2014, 05:10:40 AM
Hello! Just registered on the forum. Wanted to say that these figures are awesome,and I hope to get my hands on some. And, to the sculptor, in the future it would be cool to get an Edmontosaurus with the "rooster comb" that was discovered last year on a figure!

Welcome, Nitras.

JakobVicent

I picked up Dacentrurus and cryolophosaurus!

amanda

We have them now. Picked up the Pachy and Theri, the other two I will get next week.

amargasaurus cazaui

Got my hands on two full sets of these little beasts today. Regarding the comments @ sloppy paint and what not, I think a point some people miss is the figures are much nicer in hand than the pictures suggest because they are not as large in life as the picture would suggest, and are not enlarged to the point where each little squiggle looks huge. They are very nice in hand....not sure if how I am saying this makes sense but still there it is.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Manatee

I got all four of the Battat Terra dinosaurs today. I agree with amargasaurus cazaui in that they look much nicer in person than in the images shown. Plus, I personally quite like the paint jobs.

amanda

I agree these new figures are spectacular to behold in person. The pachy strides that line between Papo's insane detail and Wild Safari's accurate but slightly stiff and statically posed figures. The Battat is in a very, very dynamic pose, and is accurate. It is not as scaly as Papo's but really what figures are? Love, love, love the new figures.

JakobVicent

Does anyone know when the rest of the figures are going to be released?

loru1588

Quote from: JakobVicent on August 30, 2014, 05:31:34 AM
Does anyone know when the rest of the figures are going to be released?

Battat is on their way back from Hong Kong. The Gigantoraptor and Gastonia should be out any day now as long as there were no production snags.

stargatedalek

thats nice to hear, I'll have to keep an eye out

pascosaur

sorry but yesterday I think I posted this very same message in the wrong thread!
here I go again:

I just received the four new Terra/Battat figures. Thank you Mr LoRusso for your talent. I may be one of the first lucky guys in France to already have them.  ^-^
It's such a wonder to watch them among the "old" ones !...
Your style is unique.

Thank you Sir.

Bokisaurus

Finished repainting the pachy. I wanted to subdue the colors a bit and bring out the rich details that the figure has.

As you can see, dry brushing really showed a lot of the details that were obscured by the original paint ap.
More comparison photos with the trike and styraco in the Battat dynasty thread for those interested.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: