News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: Dan on August 12, 2014, 04:00:24 AM
These are making a debut in Target stores (which may take a few days to stock, so don't panic if you don't see them yet). However, it sounds like they do plan on a wider release for the series down the road, and I'm certainly hoping to get them in DansDinosaurs.com in the future. I believe collectors outside the US can rest easy. These few at launch represent just the tip of the ice berg, with more new sculpts on the way. The new paint schemes for the older models are looking brilliant, and are more naturalistic than the originals. My favorite so far is probably the new Triceratops.

I hope you get them down the road too Dan!

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Dan on August 12, 2014, 04:00:24 AM
These are making a debut in Target stores (which may take a few days to stock, so don't panic if you don't see them yet). However, it sounds like they do plan on a wider release for the series down the road, and I'm certainly hoping to get them in DansDinosaurs.com in the future. I believe collectors outside the US can rest easy. These few at launch represent just the tip of the ice berg, with more new sculpts on the way. The new paint schemes for the older models are looking brilliant, and are more naturalistic than the originals. My favorite so far is probably the new Triceratops.

I wanted to cry when I did not see them. I cried so much. These need to be in my hands like yesterday...

Yutyrannus

Okay, that's actually pretty cool unlike the others.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoLord

Another great piece; I'm glad to see some more ankylosaur figures out there. I wonder how many new ones will end up being released.

Takama

these six are the current new ones.

Mr. LoRusso said that he is working on six new ones as well.      I hope this line will florish

DinoLord

They'll definitely have my support, especially considering the ease of purchase.

Ikessauro

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS SOONER!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Can't process it! It's really happening! I NEED THEM ALLLLLL! >:D

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 11, 2014, 10:50:52 PM
Ooohh some people aren't going to be happy about this >:D I'm happy to hear it, even though I've had my fill of Battats for the time being.

OTOH, those who decided to liquidate their collections before the announcement are probably breathing a sigh of relief ....  ;)

Patrx

I do hope future theropods in this line start to look a bit more accurate - the original Battat line was famous for being very up-to-date, yet much of what can be seen so far in this line misses the mark. The Gigantoraptor's wings are no good and the therizinosaur is totally bald.
Aesthetically, the Dacentrus looks excellent, but maybe someone who knows more can verify the correct shape of the hands? They look like they might be off, which would be a shame.
So far, I really like the looks of the Pachyrhinosaurus (correct number of manual claws, and a great pose!) and the Gastonia. Checking my local Target stores tomorrow!

Trexroarr

What is the price for these like at Target?

I really hope that the re-released Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus can actually stand. My old ones never could.

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Simon

To clarify something - do we know for sure that the entire old line will be re-issued as well?  Dan?

Simon

Quote from: Patrx on August 12, 2014, 06:07:31 AM
I do hope future theropods in this line start to look a bit more accurate - the original Battat line was famous for being very up-to-date, yet much of what can be seen so far in this line misses the mark. The Gigantoraptor's wings are no good and the therizinosaur is totally bald.
Aesthetically, the Dacentrus looks excellent, but maybe someone who knows more can verify the correct shape of the hands? They look like they might be off, which would be a shame.
So far, I really like the looks of the Pachyrhinosaurus (correct number of manual claws, and a great pose!) and the Gastonia. Checking my local Target stores tomorrow!

The new sculpts LOOK like they belong with the old Battat line, which to me seems to be a good thing.  If they are going to re-issue the entire old line (confirmation anyone?) it would make sense to make new figures similar in style.  With Dan LoRusso as the sculptor, that is assured.

Battat was always a "niche" line of figures, probably THE most distinct looking series with its own style.

Continuing that "look" seems to be to be the best way to get back in the game - you don't want your dinosaurs to look like everyone elses ...

Simon

Quote from: Trexroarr on August 12, 2014, 06:22:11 AM
What is the price for these like at Target?

I really hope that the re-released Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus can actually stand. My old ones never could.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.  If the old pieces are re-released from the original moulds, the only possible difference would be the type of PVC they use (as well as the paint job).  They might use harder PVC, which could help some of them to stand up better, but ... who knows ...

dinosaurdungeon

The old line is being re-released with new paint jobs.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Simon on August 12, 2014, 06:34:40 AM
Quote from: Patrx on August 12, 2014, 06:07:31 AM

The new sculpts LOOK like they belong with the old Battat line, which to me seems to be a good thing.  If they are going to re-issue the entire old line (confirmation anyone?) it would make sense to make new figures similar in style.  With Dan LoRusso as the sculptor, that is assured.

Battat was always a "niche" line of figures, probably THE most distinct looking series with its own style.

Continuing that "look" seems to be to be the best way to get back in the game - you don't want your dinosaurs to look like everyone elses ...
They can look like they belong with the old line and still be accurate. The Gigantoraptor and Nanshiungosaurus are just massive failures.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 12, 2014, 06:47:39 AM

They can look like they belong with the old line and still be accurate. The Gigantoraptor and Nanshiungosaurus are just massive failures.
[/quote]

They are the weakest ones, but I wouldn't call them "Massive Failures". I still think they are rather nice. With a new paint job they might look even better. I'm pretty excited to be getting Nanshiungosaurus! Maybe someone can customize it with some feathers or something.

Simon

The Gastonia is the one I am undecided about.  The photos make the details seem a bit weak, and the paint job is way "too busy" ... the Therizinosaur is fine looking (accepting that it is featherless of course) ... the Gigantoraptor pose doesn't seem to be impossible -

Dinomike

This is simply awesome! Didn't think something like this would happen! So excited!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Simon on August 12, 2014, 07:14:36 AM
The Gastonia is the one I am undecided about.  The photos make the details seem a bit weak, and the paint job is way "too busy" ... the Therizinosaur is fine looking (accepting that it is featherless of course) ... the Gigantoraptor pose doesn't seem to be impossible -

He looks like he wants to give Yutyrannus a big great hug XD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: