News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

SidB

The Maiasaura was one of the best of the original Battats, though a rather pedestrian choice of colors perhaps obscured its excellance, I believe. Dan's choice of colors for his prototype's new release was striking, in comparison. I suspect that many may concur.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2020, 08:42:38 PM
I also can't see the Diliophosaurus :( .
Please let me know if you can see the Maiasaura. If so, then the Dilopho problem may be last night's issue - then I will simply re-send it.

Sim

ceratopsian

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

SidB

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I can see the beautiful Maiasaura, which is disappointing really as its my favourite so was hoping you'd save it for last.

I cannot see any Dilophosaurus. In fact on my screen (both my phone and laptop) I can see no evidence of any photos there at all, no links, just a paragraph space between your words.
If I click Sim's link it tells me these are not the droids I'm looking for
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 18, 2020, 02:54:23 AM
I can see the beautiful Maiasaura, which is disappointing really as its my favourite so was hoping you'd save it for last.

I cannot see any Dilophosaurus. In fact on my screen (both my phone and laptop) I can see no evidence of any photos there at all, no links, just a paragraph space between your words.
If I click Sim's link it tells me these are not the droids I'm looking for
I'm going to resend the Dilopho. Hopefully ... it works

Shonisaurus

S @SidB I congratulate you for the repaints of maiasaura and dilophosaurus have been very nice.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2020, 03:49:33 AM
S @SidB I congratulate you for the repaints of maiasaura and dilophosaurus have been very nice.
Thanks, my friend is a fine artist and the original a terrific inspiration.

SidB

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , you'll see the Styracosaurus on the previous page; these are three of seven. more to come.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on April 17, 2020, 09:02:29 PM
Please let me know if you can see the Maiasaura. If so, then the Dilopho problem may be last night's issue - then I will simply re-send it.

I can see the Maiasaura pics - it's very beautiful :) - also the new Dilophosaurus pic. The one from yesterday is still invisible for me.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 18, 2020, 08:31:31 AM
Quote from: SidB on April 17, 2020, 09:02:29 PM

I can see the Maiasaura pics - it's very beautiful :) - also the new Dilophosaurus pic. The one from yesterday is still invisible for me.
I appreciate the heads-up on the problem yesterday - I think that I've remedied the issue.

SidB

Our next release, the Edmontonia. This is not a commonly available item from and in all the commercial lines, period. I still find this one to be my favorite , and the new paint job to be an improvement on the older one. Up here in Toronto, they've been by far the easiest to acquire in the thrift store bargain bins or bags of cheapies - I've gotten five! There must have been a truck of them that got hijacked!

ceratopsian

S @SidB - I can see all the photos now. The Maiasaura is so beautiful!  For me that it is the pick of the ones you have shown, though all are good. Your friend is an excellent artist.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 18, 2020, 01:32:06 PM
S @SidB - I can see all the photos now. The Maiasaura is so beautiful!  For me that it is the pick of the ones you have shown, though all are good. Your friend is an excellent artist.
I had thought that the Triceratops was the best one and at times still do, but the Maiasaura is at least neck and neck. You'll judge for yourself. As far as the painter is concerned, this was a fun sideline for him. His Warhammer stuff has to be seen to be believed, in terms of quality and quantity. I may snap photos of some of the highlights of it and post it in the appropriate thread once the coronavirus scare has receded.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB The repainted edmontonia and styracosaurus are also fabulous, by the way. Are you going to market those figures? I like to rage, they are very beautiful figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: