You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Entering the field, we are REBOR! 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I just been informed that this Is going back to the Design stage, thanks to our comments

tyrantqueen

This has a lot of potential. I like the sculpting on the head especially. If it was fully feathered it would be even better.

QuoteYes, he does have the right to think whatever he wants. He does not, however, have the right to post about it and start pages long arguments about it in almost every thread. Also, "On the Dinosaur Island thread you and others took up a page or so talking about the debate should be taken to the proof of feathers thread"? In that and in the 2015 Hopes and Dreams thread I told him about five times to take the argument to the Feathering Proof thread if he really felt the need to discuss it, but did he listen? No! He completely ignored it, it seems he feels he must troll every single thread with these arguments. BTW, "Tyrannosaurus did not have feathers" is not really an argument. Also, I am just as tired of this as you are, I specifically said that because I don't want another stupid argument about why dinosaurs "just can't have feathers" and I know very well that he would have started one. Now, this conversation is over and let's get back to actually discussing the figure that this thread is about.
I agree with you.

QuoteOn another note, this "new member" is actually a seller hawking its wares.
Trust me, they're far from the only member doing it right now.

John

Quote from: Takama on August 29, 2014, 09:14:49 AM
I just been informed that this Is going back to the Design stage, thanks to our comments
A new line that seems to already have the extreme detailed look and painting style of Papo,but with (even more) accuracy can only be a good thing. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

30 day ban for Simon for rudeness. There's nothing wrong with constructive critricism but mockery and accusation is just plain rude. It isn't welcome on this forum and if it continues it will result in a permanent ban.

I also apologise to Rebor_studio on behalf of the Forum for Simon's attitute.

---

QuoteOn another note, this "new member" is actually a seller hawking its wares.
QuoteTrust me, they're far from the only member doing it right now.

That's a rude way to put it. If the Dinosaur Toy Forum isn't the best place to drum up some publicity, I don't know where is!?

John

Here's an idea for a potential release somewhere down the line for you REBOR Studio,how about something like a 1/10 scale Struthiomimus altus or something similar. :)
Or for something even more unusual,I would imagine lots of members here would like to see the odd bristly Tianyulong confuciusi. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Ikessauro

I'll give my opinion on this too. Please telll me if any of my comments are too harsh, I'll edit it. Sometimes writing on a foreign language makes me sound differently I wanted to.

My first thought when I saw the pictures were "Why does this look like an Allosaurus???" I guess it's impossible to look at it and not see the similarities with Papo's Allosaurus. I am not saying they copied it directly, but there must be some sort of "inspiration" there. The second thought was... "Where are the feathers???"
Another thing, please, do not use that silly name you guys think make it cool. When I read Y-REX on the box I started to think I was crazy and forgot that the fossil was named Y. rex, but then I realized that It was not, then I understood you idea and didn't like it. It is not cool. You will just create another false information about a dinosaur to spread around. Museum class companies don't do that, they stick to what science tells them.

Roger

For a long time I suggested DTF to many people related to that industry, mainly those "dino" oriented and it is not the first time I see something being ruined on a forum that I always regarded as a reference in this subject.
It is tiresome to read some comments of a vulgar criticism masked in manifestations of pseudo-knowledge, where gentleness is completely fossilised and it seems I missed the worst.
Even being a "seller", it is incredible the way it is welcomed. I'd love to know how many companies made better replicas in their first trial. I see a promising start and soon we will surely see what we all like, dinosaur replicas.
Not being a paleonthologist as all people seems to be here, even very long feathers, 16 cm long, are less than half a millimeter  in a 1:35 scale, in a creature with these proportions it is not as relevant as in a turkey sized velociraptor,don't you agree?
I am glad this time it was not me who linked REBOR to DTF.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roger on August 29, 2014, 01:06:59 PM
For a long time I suggested DTF to many people related to that industry, mainly those "dino" oriented and it is not the first time I see something being ruined on a forum that I always regarded as a reference in this subject.
It is tiresome to read some comments of a vulgar criticism masked in manifestations of pseudo-knowledge, where gentleness is completely fossilised and it seems I missed the worst.
Even being a "seller", it is incredible the way it is welcomed. I'd love to know how many companies made better replicas in their first trial. I see a promising start and soon we will surely see what we all like, dinosaur replicas.
Not being a paleonthologist as all people seems to be here, even very long feathers, 16 cm long, are less than half a millimeter  in a 1:35 scale, in a creature with these proportions it is not as relevant as in a turkey sized velociraptor,don't you agree?
I am glad this time it was not me who linked REBOR to DTF.
Are you Roger of STS?

Anyway, does anyone remember what CollectA's first attempts at dinosaurs looked like?

So for a first try it is fantastic. As long as a company is willing to take advice on board they can improve.

It's always good to see more UK based companies, as well ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: John on August 29, 2014, 10:41:41 AM
Here's an idea for a potential release somewhere down the line for you REBOR Studio,how about something like a 1/10 scale Struthiomimus altus or something similar. :)
Or for something even more unusual,I would imagine lots of members here would like to see the odd bristly Tianyulong confuciusi. :)

Oh yes, way to go John, solid idea !!!! Great suggestion.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 29, 2014, 01:04:07 PM
Please telll me if any of my comments are too harsh, I'll edit it.

I don't think it is too harsh, but you could remove the all caps and bold formatting, because that is considered the internet equivalent of shouting :)

Concavenator

IMO,it's stupid that they named it "Y.rex".It's off putting and inaccurate.It'd be the same as...say...calling Tyrannosaurus as Tyrannosaurus argestes because Tyrannosaurus is from Lythronax's family.They should correct that.
That being said,I find its lack of feathers disturbing.They may know that for dinosaur collectors,figures of feathered dinosaurs are usually the most excitong ones.The real Yutyrannus was much more feathered.If they feather it entirely (that's it what they should do for it being accurate,and,consequentely considered as "museum class"figure)I hope they give him an iridescent grey or black,that'd be cool.I'd still be getting the model if it's cheap enough.If you're looking for suggestions:
Saurophaganax and Tianyulong please.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI find its lack of feathers disturbing
Lol, are you maybe channelling your inner Darth Vader there? >:D

loru1588

Man, some of you guys are brutal! New comer to the site and some of you are already dragging him through the coals! There's the old expression " You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Constructive criticism is a good thing, but downright bashing somebody?........ I've grown a thick skin through the years so, most stuff just bounces off, but someone new to the forum may just say " F this, I'm out of here!" As to someone " hawking their wares", if any of that was directed to me, I get paid whether I am here or not, whether the toys sell or not. I don't have to be here giving you a heads up on what's to come or looking for input on what direction to go with the next series. Some of you will moan no matter what company makes whatever dinosaur to whatever degree of accuracy and that's your prerogative. But, I feel some folks here could be a bit more subtle and tactful  in their criticism. Off my soapbox for now.

loru1588

stargatedalek

I have no problem with the model itself, but rather with your marketing, if you are going to advertise your model as "museum class" than people will have (justifiably) high expectations in regards to accuracy

my advice to you guys at REBOR would be to change your advertising, avoid such bold statements as "museum" unless you are certain you can back them up

Chad

This is a promising first try. I look forward to seeing how REBOR's style evolves but I hope they'll drift away from the AWESOME BRO! school of dinosaur art. I agree that this one looks a lot like the Papo allosaurus but that could be just a coincidence. Also, agreed that Y-Rex is cringe worthy and that yutyrannus is plenty good enough.

Yutyrannus

Wow! That's really cool! Hopefully the new version is more accurate, if it this company sticks a lot more to accuracy it will, without a doubt, be the best dinosaur toy company out of them all :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

it has potential, but I'd still like to know a bit more first regarding material and pricing

Patrx

Exciting news! The more I ponder this matter, the more I'm reminded of Papo. The details in this model appear to be stellar. Like with Papo, it's evident that there are some talented sculptors at work here. Maybe REBOR has an opportunity to set themselves apart by putting that talent to work on really up-to-date, cutting edge dinosaurs for the collector's market. I'd say a lot of us have had enough of the "cool, scary" dinosaur aesthetic and want to move toward something more realistic. No taxon presents that possibility more than "the beautiful feathered tyrant". :)

Quote from: Chad on August 29, 2014, 02:52:05 PM
This is a promising first try. I look forward to seeing how REBOR's style evolves but I hope they'll drift away from the AWESOME BRO! school of dinosaur art.

Agreed completely! Perhaps that was an intentional reference to John Conway's blog post on the subject? In any case, it's quite relevant and worth a read.

Chad

Agreed completely! Perhaps that was an intentional reference to John Conway's blog post on the subject? In any case, it's quite relevant and worth a read.

Ha! Great minds think alike, I guess.

edit: You know, I hadn't read that blog post but I think I did hear him use that phrase on a podcast and I must have internalized it. It's a useful word! I really like the Collecta daspletosaurus just because it shows a theropod not doing the standard theropod things. Thanks again for that , Collecta!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: