News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 24, 2014, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: amanda on October 24, 2014, 07:40:11 AM
I will attempt to politely point out that using the words like "horrible, awful, monstrosities, turns my stomach, save what I can" are the aggressive and wholly unhelpful type of language used towards Rebor and Battat Terra. It is the type of language that has convinced some of the artists and long time members here to pull away, and it the type of wording that helps contribute to the feeling of aggressive hostility in the forum. Surely you can come up with better critique than 'it nauseates me"?
I tried to make this point a few posts back and it was ignored, so I agree with you Amanda...we are back to bashing basically rather than offering constructive critcism or positive input I fear.

Nope, I responded justly to your remark I hope.
It was the first time here -ever- I used a harsh judgement on a toyline and used matching words (one word). And even though there could be something said about the chosen wording, (Mind you, not everyone has a complete English vocabulaire) Ido stand by the opinion. And sharing thoughts and opinions is a grand part of life on a forum. If all would share the exact same opinion it would be a bland gathering.
On the other hand; bashing like some ppl have a tendency to do is nowhere and never my intention.
And yes, the Rebor topic does spring to mind, where I actually was one of the peaceful participants.

No let us gently return to topic. ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

amargasaurus cazaui

Well at least we agree on gently...I offer the idea that perhaps tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Alexxitator

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 24, 2014, 01:00:25 PM
Well at least we agree on gently...I offer the idea that perhaps tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.

An enemy?  :-\
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Simon

*POOF*

DinoToyForum

C:-) @Simon We've got it, we know how you feel about the Carnegie Collection, we've known for years. Passionate you may be, but you've admitted above that your opinion on the line is "beyond being a rational thing". This means, by definition, it is not up for discussion. So, raising your irrational opinion on a discussion forum only winds people up. You're entitled to your opinion, we all have our own personal tastes, but I agree with Amanda and others. The language you're using is uncalled for and provocative, but moreover, it's intentinally rude. That's against the forum rules now. Please have a bit of tact. Your diversions also take threads off topic (usually in unproductive directions unworthy of new threads), which is also against the rules. This is a thread about Safari's 2015 releases, not the carnegie line in general. We've been kind to you and given you second chances in the past, when we had no obligation to do so, so please take this message to heart and consider it a last warning. Thank you for understanding.

Simon

Sorry about that Adam.  I've deleted the posts.  Apologies to everyone.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on October 24, 2014, 04:44:30 PM
Sorry about that Adam.  I've deleted the posts.  Apologies to everyone.

Thanks Simon, I really appreciate it. C:-)  :)

Doug Watson

ItsTwentyBelow

Well, why don't I chime in on these wonderful new figures, too?

Velociraptor - I like it, and the small feathering hiccups are easily passable, but by now it is becoming grating getting just one Carnegie figure a year, one obscenely popular theropod in the same old static pose.

Archaeopteryx - Very nice sculpt and accurate coloration, this will probably be the first Archaeopteryx in my collection.

Yutyrannus - Again, wonderful sculpt, and the plumage is very nicely done. Great reconstruction of a very important fossil!

Nasutoceratops - Probably my favorite of the bunch. More awesome horned dinos please, Safari! Medusaceratops next?

Sauropelta - I love the fact that this figure exists. Almost like they draw dino names out of a hat for some of the picks, because while a great figure and instant buy for me, nobody could have thought that Sauropelta will be a big seller. And yet it gets its day! Way better than the only other mass-produced Sauropelta, the Schleich version.

Gwangi

It's really about time we get a nice Sauropelta. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner as Sauropelta is one of the more flamboyant members of the group.

suspsy

The tripod stance that has become a staple of the CC doesn't bother me overly. It's the fact that the line has devolved to just one figure per year that irritates me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

and again no prehistoric mammals
The Return Of The Mammoth's

CityRaptor

Given that mammals ( especially humans and horses ) pretty much dominate the extant animal figures ( which far outnumber the prehistoric animal figures), let Dinosaurs and other non-mammals rule the prehistoric animal figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amanda

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on October 27, 2014, 08:53:08 PM

I thought it had been established Safari cannot make prehistoric mammals or sumsuch?

SBell

Quote from: amanda on October 28, 2014, 03:12:49 AM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on October 27, 2014, 08:53:08 PM

I thought it had been established Safari cannot make prehistoric mammals or sumsuch?

I was told that several years ago, although no further explanation was given. They just can't. But every year at least one person still must complain! ;)

CityRaptor

They atleast seem to be able to do it to a certain degree, given that they released "Evolution of Man" last year.
Oh no

amanda

Oddly, you'd think so but I'd bet that "cavemen" somehow do not figure into the "prehistoric animal" thing. Just a feeling.....

CityRaptor

"We are not animals! We are human beings! We...are...men!"

So some loophole in whatever prevents them from making more mammals...
Oh no

Takama

From what I understand, they can not make mammals at a certain size, and the Cavemen were in the right size range.

stargatedalek

I'm confused as to exactly why, is it a goal of theirs?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: