News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 28, 2014, 11:08:47 PM
I'm confused as to exactly why, is it a goal of theirs?

Something contractual, although I never found out what, or with whom.

stoneage

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 28, 2014, 09:30:25 PM
"We are not animals! We are human beings! We...are...men!"

So some loophole in whatever prevents them from making more mammals...

In truth we are animals!  Look at our behaviour.  I see the cavemen pretty much as Bullyland ripoffs!

stargatedalek

perhaps it was with a brand thats no longer in production, which could explain why they broke with it last year

amanda

I think, personally, if they were going to break it, they'd have done something more spectacular than that. Contact with another company seems odd to me though. How can you claim a mammal figure. There are at least 3 Nasutoceratops and 2 Yutyrannus figures being made this year alone. It is not like Safari is saying, "hey, we..errr...can't make ceratopsians anymore". That's just silly. So I would think it would have to be intercompany or something?  Dunno. Whether it is in place or not, they have not made one in a while. Certainly I would not expect one, and then be disappointed. Rather I'd be actually floored to see one.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stoneage on October 29, 2014, 12:40:00 AM

In truth we are animals!  Look at our behaviour.  I see the cavemen pretty much as Bullyland ripoffs!
I think that was a joke. But for the record, I agree.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: amanda on October 29, 2014, 01:45:08 AM
I think, personally, if they were going to break it, they'd have done something more spectacular than that. Contact with another company seems odd to me though. How can you claim a mammal figure. There are at least 3 Nasutoceratops and 2 Yutyrannus figures being made this year alone. It is not like Safari is saying, "hey, we..errr...can't make ceratopsians anymore". That's just silly. So I would think it would have to be intercompany or something?  Dunno. Whether it is in place or not, they have not made one in a while. Certainly I would not expect one, and then be disappointed. Rather I'd be actually floored to see one.

I think it may have been more to do with the sculptors involved with the original run of WS prehistoric mammals (don't have them? Pity). I used to know the name, but I have no idea anymore.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stoneage on October 29, 2014, 12:40:00 AM

That was a joke, a modified quote from "The Elephant Man".

And those Cavemen actually look close to those made by John Gurche for the Smithonian.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I've been very disappointed with the Carnegie line the last few years. Not because of a dip in quality (I love the Velociraptor), but the fact that they see it fit to give us just ONE figure per year now. And while theropods are my favourite dinosaurs, enough is enough. How about a new ceratopsid? Or an ankylosaur? And hey, how about re-releasing some older models in new colour schemes? I'd probably snap up new versions of Microraptor and Caudipteryx.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletodave

After seeing the pic of Collecta's Nasutoceratops, I'll be giving it a pass and buying the Safari version instead. Doug's sculpt is clearly superior. And Battat is also doing a Nasutoceratops in 2015!
And of course Safari and Battat are both doing a Yutyrannus in 2015.

Concavenator

The Carnegie Velociraptor is supposed to be released this month right?

Arul

Soo is there anymore figure to be announced ?

amanda

? Like what? We see the Safari and Carnegie collections here. We see the CollectA, Schleich and Bullyland offerings. We know what Battat is offering and only await pics. The only company we still don't know is Papo, I think/

Arul

i hope safari announce their "another wave" hehehe  :P

Yutyrannus

Concavenator

Quote from: amanda on November 09, 2014, 05:09:33 AM
? Like what? We see the Safari and Carnegie collections here. We see the CollectA, Schleich and Bullyland offerings. We know what Battat is offering and only await pics. The only company we still don't know is Papo, I think/
We don't know about Bullyland yet.

Manatee

Quote from: Concavenator on November 09, 2014, 07:40:06 AM
Quote from: amanda on November 09, 2014, 05:09:33 AM
We don't know about Bullyland yet.
Or Papo, or Favorite. We still have several companies to go.

Concavenator

Hey,it's  well past November and the Carnegie Velociraptor isn't released yet  ::)

SBell

Quote from: ARUL on November 09, 2014, 06:11:05 AM
i hope safari announce their "another wave" hehehe  :P

They put out one list, and that's it--sometimes there's an odd one here or there, but it's rare.

stargatedalek

Favorite tends to announce things in a steady stream rather than in waves, so I wouldn't expect a list of things for the year

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on November 17, 2014, 05:43:38 PM
Hey,it's  well past November and the Carnegie Velociraptor isn't released yet  ::)
It's not past November yet, today's only the 17th.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: