News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

I'm excited about:

• Pliosaurus
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Moropus
  • Daedon
  • Temnodontosaurus
Also it will be interesting to compare The Safari vs CollectA Nasutoceratops. Then Daeodon Collecta vs Mojo's. Then Moropus vs Bullyland's. I don't compare the smilodon because there are a lot of pieces to compare to.

I love the fact that CollectA is giving a chance to the prehistoric mammals.

Thank you Everything Dinosaur.

Concavenator or Dr. Admin, please update the first post to include the list.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on October 24, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
I'm really disappointed with the articulated jaw thing...it just annoys me.I liked CollectA because they don't articulate jaws like everyone tends now.The lineup isn't that good. Shocked there is still no Allosaurus in their line.I'm not putting my hopes too high.Sorry'but I'm very disappointed  >:(

What are you talking about?  There has been an allosaurus since the 2nd wave of releases. Plus the recent Saurophaganax,which is basically a big allosaurus.

Takama

Wow Interesting line up.   Though Im disappointed in the lack of Small Species.

I was wondering if CollectA would jump on the Articulated Jaw Bandwagon.  Now to see what these pieces look like. Im interested in the Feathered Tyrannosaurus (come on, im sure we all seen this coming)

tyrantqueen

They will all be interesting to see. Temnodontosaurus was a huge ichthyosaur, so I'm guessing "deluxe" will be something like 1/40 or 1/50...but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

QuoteI'm really disappointed with the articulated jaw thing...it just annoys me.I liked CollectA because they don't articulate jaws like everyone tends now.The lineup isn't that good. Shocked there is still no Allosaurus in their line.I'm not putting my hopes too high.Sorry'but I'm very disappointed
How can you be disappointed when you haven't even seen a single picture?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Manatee

I CANNOT WAIT for these pictures; this is the most promising list of figures I could possibly hope for. I am so excited for:

• Nasutoceratops
  • Medusaceratops
  • FEATHERED T. REX!
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Pliosaurus
  • Daeodon
  • Temnodontosaurus

However, all of these are very exciting. Plus, tyrantqueen, all Deluxe figures are 1/40. Thank you very much for posting this, Everything Dinosaur.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Manatee on October 24, 2014, 06:53:05 PM
I CANNOT WAIT for these pictures; this is the most promising list of figures I could possibly hope for. I am so excited for:

• Nasutoceratops
  • Medusaceratops
  • FEATHERED T. REX!
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Pliosaurus
  • Daeodon
  • Temnodontosaurus

However, all of these are very exciting. Plus, tyrantqueen, all Deluxe figures are 1/40. Thank you very much for posting this, Everything Dinosaur.
Not all are, the deluxe nigersaurus is 1/20 scale

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on October 24, 2014, 05:02:59 PM
I'm really disappointed with the articulated jaw thing...it just annoys me.I liked CollectA because they don't articulate jaws like everyone tends now.The lineup isn't that good. Shocked there is still no Allosaurus in their line.I'm not putting my hopes too high.Sorry'but I'm very disappointed  >:(

What are you talking about?  There has been an allosaurus since the 2nd wave of releases. Plus the recent Saurophaganax,which is basically a big allosaurus.
Oh,I ment in the Deluxe line!I know they have an Allosaurus and it's a horrible,terrible,model.Here me hoping for a new one.Their Saurophaganax is pretty neat though.
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 24, 2014, 06:00:45 PM
They will all be interesting to see. Temnodontosaurus was a huge ichthyosaur, so I'm guessing "deluxe" will be something like 1/40 or 1/50...but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

QuoteI'm really disappointed with the articulated jaw thing...it just annoys me.I liked CollectA because they don't articulate jaws like everyone tends now.The lineup isn't that good. Shocked there is still no Allosaurus in their line.I'm not putting my hopes too high.Sorry'but I'm very disappointed
I was a little pessimistic.I thought CollectA wouldn't get in the moveable jaw trend...and they HAVE.Okay,not the most perfect lineup for me but they won't (obviously) bad models.The feathered Tyrannosaurus could be awesome...anyways,I'm looking forward to pics.

tyrantqueen

QuoteHowever, all of these are very exciting. Plus, tyrantqueen, all Deluxe figures are 1/40. Thank you very much for posting this, Everything Dinosaur.
No, they're not. Some are, but not all. Their Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus were at 1:15 scale, and their Velociraptor was 1:6.

DinoToyForum

I've updated the first post with all the names.

I'm looking forward to seeing to Pliosaurus and Temnodontosaurus, obviously! I wonder what species of Pliosaurus they chose (or if we will even be able to tell)?

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 24, 2014, 07:53:45 PM
I've updated the first post with all the names.

I'm looking forward to seeing to Pliosaurus and Temnodontosaurus, obviously! I wonder what species of Pliosaurus they chose (or if we will even be able to tell)?

I wonder if they choose to go Funki

Hynerpeton

I cant wait for Temnodontosaurus. :) plus others once i see pics i am sure.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Raptoress

Really excited to see the new ceratopsians and models with articulated jaws. Not everyone likes them, but if there's one thing I love in a model, it's an articulated jaw. Especially one that blends in naturally like that of Papo.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Raptoress on October 24, 2014, 08:54:36 PM
Really excited to see the new ceratopsians and models with articulated jaws. Not everyone likes them, but if there's one thing I love in a model, it's an articulated jaw. Especially one that blends in naturally like that of Papo.

I hope the pliosaurus has an articulated jaw,rReenacts the liopluridon from WWD

amanda

I only like articulation, such as Papo's, so that I can close the theropod's darn mouths. :) I am most looking forward to the ceratopsians. Though the marine reptiles could be quite interesting.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Concavenator on October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM
Edited by Admin.

Medusaceratops
Daxiatitan
Nasutoceratops
Xiongguanlong
1:40 scale Pliosaurus
1:40 Acrocanthosaurus
1:40 Feathered T. rex
1:4 Guidraco
Moropus
Deluxe Smilodon
Deluxe Daeodon
Deluxe Temnodontosaurus

:)

??? ???

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 24, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

QuoteI'm really disappointed ....................................................................................... .Sorry'but I'm very disappointed

Exactly.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 24, 2014, 07:36:27 PM
Quote....... Plus, tyrantqueen, all Deluxe figures are 1/40. .......
No, they're not. Some are, but not all. Their Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus were at 1:15 scale, and their Velociraptor was 1:6.

CollectA only claims all those DeLuxe figures to be in 1:40, which in most cases is not true.
The DeLuxe Tyrannosaurus though is (maybe 1:35 :-\).
The 1:15 versions are two special figures in their own series.

laticauda

I reserve any and all judgement until I see some pictures!  This is "kind of" fun waiting.  You know the names, but you can't see them, all that heightened expectation until you get to see it, is joyous!  ;D

Gwangi

Most excited about the Acrocanthosaurus and T. rex but naturally I can't wait to see pictures of them all!

tyrantqueen

I always like jaw articulation. It's just another nice thing to have on a figure, especially if it's good already. Just as long as it blends in well with the rest of the model.

Here's an example of what I mean. The joint sticks out like a sore thumb here:

I hope that CollectA can achieve something similar to Papo's efforts.

(Photo belongs to forum member Ridureyu)

Pinkamena

Quote from: Simon on October 24, 2014, 03:05:47 PM
Xiongguanlong (Early Cretaceous tyrannosaur)
1:40 scale Pliosaurus (marine reptiles rock)!
1:40 Feathered T. rex (articulated lower jaw)

Yays!!! Awesome! So chuffed at the Xiongguanlong.

The T-rex is either going to be the most amazing T-rex ever, or it's going to look like an angry chicken. I am slightly scared of being disappointed  :-[

I do hope the jaw articulations are more subtle than that...
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: