News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

These are indeed two separate toobs, although I'm not sure which ones are together.

Shonisaurus

Collecta these miniatures are fantastic. Every day I'm surprised more Collecta. I guess in most online stores and retailers will be on sale on February (at the Christmas season). That's what I commented a distributor of Collecta.

suspsy

It says right there in SBell's post which animals are in which tube.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 06, 2015, 03:40:39 PM
These are indeed two separate toobs, although I'm not sure which ones are together.

It says, in bold, Tube 1 and Tube 2.

Tube 1: Baryonyx, Mosasaurus, Diplodocus, Kentrosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Pachycephalosaurus, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus
Tube 2: Amargasaurus, Ankylosaurus, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Liopleurodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Spinosaurus, Torosaurus, Velociraptor

And I've seen the Papo tubes in stores (and catalogs). They are not worth a $30 price tag (yes, I'm biased when it comes to Papo anyway); I don't think tubes shoudl ever pass about the $15 mark, and then only for really remarkable sets. $10 to $15 shoudl be the range ($12 to $18 in Canada, I suppose, because stupid dollar).

I still don't actually know what these tubes will cost. I'm stil bringing them in to the store (would have even without the sample) but it's good to know what we're getting!

terrorchicken

these look fantastic! a must get for me!

btw I saw one of  the mini Shleich sets that come 4 in a box with a puzzle yesterday at B&N. I only liked 2 of the figs. They were...alright.

SBell

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 06, 2015, 09:43:01 PM

btw I saw one of  the mini Shleich sets that come 4 in a box with a puzzle yesterday at B&N. I only liked 2 of the figs. They were...alright.

I recently saw those. I passed.

suspsy

Quote from: SBell on September 06, 2015, 10:38:05 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on September 06, 2015, 09:43:01 PM

I recently saw those. I passed.

The Schleich minis are even uglier than the Papos.

Meso-Cenozoic

I only got the Schleich Mini Herbivores and Quetz. The Carnivores were really ugly!

Well, to each their own on the Papo Minis. Haha! I think they have kind of a cool retro look to them. And I'm getting them for $21. The same price I got last year's. Although, I'm getting the CollectA Tubes for $13 each. :)

Concavenator

Some new CollectAs including the feathered T.rex are now available through Urzeitshop

Shadowknight1

I'm waiting so patiently for the deluxe feathered T. rex and the deluxe Spinosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Yuuuuup!

The Rex is taking forever!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

I wish they would become available already for everyone to enjoy. I love Firestreak so much. He's my favourite T. rex toy, hands down. And Paddles and Waddles are adorable.

I don't understand why it's taking so long. Perhaps CollectA is aiming to cash in on the upcoming holiday season?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 27, 2015, 06:06:02 AM
Guidraco pics :

My little flock installed in the Terrors of the Deep exhibit :

This is amazing, I can almost picture a nature audiotape playing in the background with sounds of animals (e.g. birds)

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on September 13, 2015, 11:28:17 PM
I wish they would become available already for everyone to enjoy. I love Firestreak so much. He's my favourite T. rex toy, hands down. And Paddles and Waddles are adorable.

I don't understand why it's taking so long. Perhaps CollectA is aiming to cash in on the upcoming holiday season?

I think they are supposed to release later this month, which means the distribution lag means at best they will hit stores in October. Maybe.

That's what I've been told to expect, so probably November.

The tubes are supposed to be along at the same time as well.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 13, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
I'm waiting so patiently for the deluxe feathered T. rex and the deluxe Spinosaurus.
So I am...I preordered the Spino from Dan and my feathered Tyrannosaurus is due for delivery from Urzeitshop any day now.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 14, 2015, 12:17:35 AM
So I am...I preordered the Spino from Dan and my feathered Tyrannosaurus is due for delivery from Urzeitshop any day now.
Please,post pics of both when you get them.

SBell

See, I never offer pre-orders from my store, mostly because the Canadian supplier can be unpredictable at best, unreliable at worst.

Dobber

Yeah, I have 2 feathered Rex's the swimming Spinosaurus and Delux Spinosaurus on pre-order with Dan. I wish it didn't take so long for these things to get to U.S. sellers.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Concavenator

Has anyone already got the feathered  T.rex?

Victoria's Cantina

Mine's on preorder from Dan's Dinosaurs. Really looking forward to them coming in as I'm very excited to get this one on video.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: