News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I'm so excited to see that Tyrannosaurus!

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

cool new prehistoric mammals
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 26, 2014, 03:53:50 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2014, 01:21:43 PM
I must say, I'm disappointed that we're not getting another disembowelled dinosaur corpse for 2015. I was hoping for an Edmontosaurus. Or perhaps even a dead theropod for a change.
Yeah, a dead Tyrannosaurus would be a nice change, hopefully in 2016.

Be happy to create one for you next month if interested.

A.Garcia

This is an interesting list with plenty of variety. Two new marine reptiles should be a good thing, judging from this year's model. I'm curious to see how they're doing the sauropod, and the moving jaws. I share the opinion that articulated jaws are appealing... in theory. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out, especially on a toothy pterosaur!

amanda

Aside from being concealed well, I worry jaws will be too loose in production items. I have run across some Papo theropods whose jaws will either not close all the way, or just slip open a tad again. I need a nice seal.

Concavenator

We should see the pics this week right?

CityRaptor

Well, the list looks promising. And seems like CollectA enters the "movable jaw" business aswell.

Also, is CollectA the first western company to release a feathered adult T.rex, or am I wrong?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Yes, when are we going to see some bloody pics already?

Looking at the Juvenile T. Rex that was released this year....I wonder how much of that attractive colour scheme will carry over to the adult?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Hynerpeton

Quote from: suspsy on October 29, 2014, 10:25:26 PM
Yes, when are we going to see some bloody pics already?

Looking at the Juvenile T. Rex that was released this year....I wonder how much of that attractive colour scheme will carry over to the adult?

We will find out soon.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 24, 2014, 07:53:45 PM
I've updated the first post with all the names.

I'm looking forward to seeing to Pliosaurus and Temnodontosaurus, obviously! I wonder what species of Pliosaurus they chose (or if we will even be able to tell)?
I'm sure you could tell, you are the expert, yes? ;D

Bokisaurus

Another amazing list of species from CollectA. I really love that they truly have stayed true to their original mission of releasing many obscure and never before seen in toy form species all these years. With each year, the quality have gone up, to the point that their figures now can be mixed in with others and be absolutely fantastic.
With the quality of this year's ceratopsian and marine reptile, I have no doubt that the ones next year will be amazing.
I wonder if the feathered T-rex will be designed to the parent of this year's baby, which would be really cool. That little guy is amazingly well done. Can't wait for the photos!

Concavenator

CollectA has a tradition of releasing photos of their new products on Fridays.Tomorrow it's Friday,and Everything Dinosaur they would release the photos this week.I'll bet for tomorrow.

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on October 30, 2014, 06:01:08 PM
CollectA has a tradition of releasing photos of their new products on Fridays.Tomorrow it's Friday,and Everything Dinosaur they would release the photos this week.I'll bet for tomorrow.

On STS someone heard November. So it could be next week. Randy, have you seen anything from Anthony?

Saurian

Collecta said on Facebook that the image will be this week
Soory,my English is poor

Dan

Pictures are coming very soon, don't worry. I would say the CollectA Nasutoceratops is one of the best of their 2015 additions. It looks similar to this year's Xenoceratops, but even more striking, and fortunately without the freaky-beak issues.

Arul

Quote from: Saurian on October 31, 2014, 04:35:09 AM
Collecta said on Facebook that the image will be this week

yeah finally they show their new product  :)) hope they announce more :P

DinoToyForum

Here are the first revealed prehistoric animal pics (via CollectA on Facebook):

Edit - I've also updated the first post to include these new pictures.

Manatee

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 31, 2014, 10:44:48 AM
Here are the first revealed prehistoric animal pics (via CollectA on Facebook):

WOW... I must get them! The Xiongguanlong looks amazing, the Medusaceratops striking, and the Nasutoceratops and Pliosaurus wonderful as well. Only one I don't like all too much is the Daxiatitan. I find its neck quite distracting. I specifically like the touches of the parasites on the pliosaur and the pose of the Xiongguanlong and Medusaceratops.

darth daniel

I think the Daxiatitan is awesome! Finally a little-known, big titanosaur! If only it was 1:40...  :'( Still a must have. Hard to say which Nasutoceratops looks better - Collecta´s or Safari´s.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: