News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: ARUL on November 13, 2014, 10:54:19 PM
Did temnodontosaurus include in marine reptile ? Or a mamals ? Thanks  :)
Temnodontosaurus was a large ichthyosaur,a marine reptile. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Manatee

Temnodontosaurus is a large Jurassic ichthyosaur.

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on November 13, 2014, 07:28:50 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2014, 12:20:42 PM

They look good

what scale is the Temnodontosaurus?

Try looking at earlier posts before asking questions. I already gave the details. Twice.

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow!

I have to agree with the sentiment here that CollectA are unchallenged at giving us unique and well-researched models, after a rough and still very recent start.

I will definitely be adding a good number of these to my collection. Despite the obvious recycled sculpts this year (Acro, ceratopsians) I am excited by CollectA's continued creativity and all-round uniqueness with pieces like the Pliosaurus with hagfish, and of course the awesome Temnodontosaurus with calf. It would really be amazing if the calf were removable.

The pterosaur is way cool, and the announcement of the "Supreme" line makes me excited that we will be seeing a lot more cool 1:4 scale figures of obscure small prehistoric animals.

The mammals are all great too, but I am unhappy that the hooves on the Daeodon are incorrect. Should have been easy to research, so I guess the Mojo Entelodon is more accurate there.

Also, somebody needs to please add all the new pictures to the 1st post. Finding them all in this thread is a bit of a task at the moment.

tanystropheus

These models are very impressive, alongside the previously revealed Guidraco. Great to see CollectA taking risks. I also like the Entelodont/Daeodon..but I prefer Mojo's rendition. It is probably the best time in human history to be a prehistoric mammals collector  ;)

tanystropheus

Arul

Quote from: Manatee on November 14, 2014, 12:10:03 AM
Ohh i see, so it means a marine reptile. Sorry another weird question  :-[, if it a vivipar reptile which is lived in sea, did they do some breastfeed ?

SBell

Quote from: ARUL on November 14, 2014, 04:34:02 AM
Ohh i see, so it means a marine reptile. Sorry another weird question  :-[, if it a vivipar reptile which is lived in sea, did they do some breastfeed ?

No. Only mammals have breasts. That's what 'mammal' means. The live born marine reptiles, like land-based reptiles, would likely have been born ready to go and hunt. Possibly with some parental care, but probably not.

Quen

To add to what SBell said, the reason icthyosaurs gave birth live is so that they didn't have to come on land to lay eggs like other marine reptiles do, which is a big challenge if your body is adapted more for swimming than for walking.

Meso-Cenozoic

The two new figures look good. The Temnodontosaurus looks a bit shrink-wrapped to me, but the overall look is very realistic. I would've also liked that the baby was removable.

I've been collecting more prehistoric mammals these past couple years, so I'll probably be picking up the Moropus too. He's a fine looking figure, even with his Elvis sideburns. ;)

Concavenator

Exactly,what's the new range 'Supreme'?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on November 14, 2014, 06:59:39 AM
Exactly,what's the new range 'Supreme'?

Perhaps the 1:15 Rex and Trike will be stuck in it? Then they can add more larger pieces to it as well?

Arul

Quote from: Quendrega on November 14, 2014, 06:10:14 AM

To add to what SBell said, the reason icthyosaurs gave birth live is so that they didn't have to come on land to lay eggs like other marine reptiles do, which is a big challenge if your body is adapted more for swimming than for walking.

Okay thanks SBell and Quendrega  :)

paleoferroequine

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on November 14, 2014, 03:22:20 AM

The mammals are all great too, but I am unhappy that the hooves on the Daeodon are incorrect. Should have been easy to research, so I guess the Mojo Entelodon is more accurate there.

Er, no. Mojo at first glance looks OK, but they also have four toes also. They simply put digits two and five directly behind the large toes three and four and they touch the ground, looks a little better but not right either.

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 14, 2014, 06:41:33 AM

I've been collecting more prehistoric mammals these past couple years, so I'll probably be picking up the Moropus too. He's a fine looking figure, even with his Elvis sideburns. ;)

I think he looks more like Wolverine complete with claws!!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: paleoferroequine on November 14, 2014, 09:53:45 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 14, 2014, 06:41:33 AM

I think he looks more like Wolverine complete with claws!!

OMG, you're right! Haha!!

Bokisaurus

fantastic final two addition to the 2015 lineup! Love the ichtyosaur looks amazing, wan't there a write about t he colors of some itchtypsaur being black? The giving birth sculpt is definitely something new in the general toy world, glad collectA is following the lead of some of these Japanese miniature figure, good to have some of these in larger forms.
Overall, an amazing a very strong and exciting lineup for 2015! :)

suspsy

Someone should really update the original post to include all of the 2015 photos.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Found these HUGE HQ pics! When you click on them to see the enlarged version in Photobucket, click again on the "view image" icon. It will bring up the original XL pic. ^-^

First up is the Deluxe Guidraco. Even though I'm not planning on getting this one because it will just be too huge for my collection of mostly scales of around 1/40 (I wish they would've made this one in their standard size and their Daxiatitan in deluxe 1/40.), but when I first looked at this large pic I was pretty impressed, that is until I looked closer. First of all, the bolt for the jaw hinge is really quite annoyingly noticeable -- more like the quality of Schleich than Papo. But the real problem I had was where the break in the lower jaw was located! Take a look...

Speaking of the Daxiatitan, here's the XL pic of it. Not bad, and I'll probably be getting it. But it does remind me of a couple of their past figures -- not too original. I also hope the green is a little less vibrant in person too. It actually wasn't THAT bright in my original pic than what Photobucket is showing, but it's still a bit greener than I'd like. Also the paint on the teeth doesn't look any better than those on the Carnegie Velociraptor.

On a more positive note, I'm really liking their two knew deluxe 1/40 scale theropods!

First up is their Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus. This is a different view than what we've first seen. First, it's obviously facing the opposite direction, and second, it's more of a pure flat side view. Upon seeing this view of it, I was happy to see it's snout was longer than originally thought from the first pic we had which was at more of an angle. So, I like this guy much better now! Take a look...

And here's their Deluxe Feathered T. rex. This guy is pretty cool, especially the head! Although, I'm still having a problem with the end of it's tail being so swishy, like the whip-like tail of a diplodocid. Could still be the angle of the pic, but I don't think so. It really looks like it's bent at a nearly 45 degree angle in two places. We'll see for sure when it's out. Overall though, a nice striking figure...

The last XL pic I found was of their Deluxe Moropus. He appears to be a very handsome fella. Although I don't know too much about his anatomy, so I can't tell how accurate he is. The only thing I would've like done a bit differently is if the darker paint would've blended out and into his face better. Now they look more like sideburns. Hehe! But that is nit-picking and can be easily altered to ones desire. His overall look to me at least is very appealing...

sauroid

they all look pretty impressive.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: