News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on November 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM
they both look awesome. i wonder if the Moropus is as big as Bullyland's Chalicotherium.

It's 1/20 scale according to Anthony Beeson, part of the deluxe line (like all other mammals). That should put it about 5" tall, so pretty close in size.

The Temnodontosaurus is an XL figure, like the Mosasaurus! Don't know the actual size on it.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: SBell on November 13, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
they both look awesome. i wonder if the Moropus is as big as Bullyland's Chalicotherium.

It's 1/20 scale according to Anthony Beeson, part of the deluxe line (like all other mammals). That should put it about 5" tall, so pretty close in size.

The Temnodontosaurus is an XL figure, like the Mosasaurus! Don't know the actual size on it.

You mean to say its a Standard Sized model?

Chad

Hello Collecta, please take my money.

Thanks in advance!

Arul

Cool, a giving birth prehistoric figure is a nice idea dino corpse are too  ;) salute to collecta

Megalosaurus

Hello.
Both of this figures must be in my collection.
I like the birth scene.
I like the Moropus sculpt.
I dislike both paint schemes. CollectA was not creative this time.
I was specting something like this:

or
}

Quote from: SBell on November 13, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
It's 1/20 scale according to Anthony Beeson,[...]
Everything dinosaur says it is in 1/12 scale. So it will be much more clear if someone can tell the actual size of the model.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

I agree Suspsy, CollectA have climbed to the top of the pile in my opinion. Anyway, I like the Temnodontosaurus, (not so keen on the baby but it is a unique idea, I'll give them that)

I don't care about the Moropus because I'm not interested in mammals. Is that all of CollectA's sculpts for next year, then?

John

I love what I see so far of the Temnodontosaurus.In my opinion it's by far the best prehistoric model CollectA has come up with.It reminds me of the Temnodontosaurus platyodon specimen in the Natural History Museum,London here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Temnodontosaurus_platyodon_1.JPG

;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

I just heard from Anthony. The Chalicotherium is 5.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long. So pretty much 1/20. Which, having come directly from a representative of CollectA, makes sens to be more accurate.

Also, the Temnodontosaurus is 8 inches long. So assuming 12m in real life (according to a very quick Wikipedia search) the scale is roughly 1:60. Assuming 9m, in some other sources, gives about 1:45 or so.

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2014, 04:51:43 PM
I agree Suspsy, CollectA have climbed to the top of the pile in my opinion.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll say it here too:

CollectA is my favourite company, hands down. They have the biggest range of prehistoric animals, yes, but what really amazes me is just how much they've improved since their ignoble beginning. Their earliest dinosaur models are as awful as Schleich's, arguably more. But ever since then they've been earnestly doing paleontological research and keeping up to date with all the latest findings and theories. The last three years in particular have been fantastic. And the 2015 line looks to be the best yet. I am 36 years old and I am as excited and impatient about acquiring the Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex, the Pliosaurus, and the Temnodontosaurus(es) as I was about acquiring the Dino-Riders T. rex back in 1989.

This is not to say that CollectA is perfect. There are still improvements to be made, especially with regard to plastic quality. But overall, I consider them the best.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

CollectA is absolutely a miracle.They came from the blue with terrible,disturbing figures.And now they have became the BEST dinosaur company right now.CollectA have shadowed everyone in the dinosaur toy market.Now the only thing we can do is seeing how far they go.Carnegie has always been my favorite company but hands down,CollectA is my favourite now too.They are awesome:the species they choose,the colors,the sculpts,the originality...Not much to say,I'm just wowed.The Temnodontosaurus is a gorgeous figure and it's straight on my list.That being said,I have another point.Doing accurate prehistoric animal models isn't that difficult.Carnegie spends one or TWO years for releasing JUST ONE figure per year,and not always a superb one.The 2015 Velociraptor is a pretty neat figure,but it lacks of primaries.
Kudos to you CollectA  :)

sauroid

CollectA started making good figures in 2011.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Yes, they're good. Better than Battat in my opinion. They are not afraid to feather/fuzz their dinos for one.

Brachiosaurus

suspsy

I too appreciate CollectA's willingness to take creative risks like the colourful Feathered T. rex, the feathery quills on the ceratopsids, and the gruesome Dead Triceratops, Stegosaurus Corpse, T. rex w/Struthiomimus, and Quetzalcoatlus w/Alamosaurus. They've got guts (no pun intended).
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on November 13, 2014, 07:38:08 PM
I too appreciate CollectA's willingness to take creative risks like the colourful Feathered T. rex, the feathery quills on the ceratopsids, and the gruesome Dead Triceratops, Stegosaurus Corpse, T. rex w/Struthiomimus, and Quetzalcoatlus w/Alamosaurus. They've got guts (no pun intended).

You forgot the Excited Megacerops and his mega thingy.

Roselaar

Very interesting new Collectas! Too bad Kaiyodo beat them on the notion of an Ichtyhosaur giving birth, but it's a fabulous piece regardless. I would prefer if the baby was removable, but that's not likely. The Moropus is quite lovely too.

Manatee

The new figures are fabulous! Like several other people mentioned, I love CollectA's enthusiasm for churning out speculative or just unusual figures year after year and doing a great job of it.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Roselaar on November 13, 2014, 08:34:10 PM
Very interesting new Collectas! Too bad Kaiyodo beat them on the notion of an Ichtyhosaur giving birth, but it's a fabulous piece regardless.

It's atleast another species.

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2014, 08:01:13 PM
You forgot the Excited Megacerops and his mega thingy.

We try to forget that one. ;D
But hey, it is meant to be realistic. And realistic mammals have things like that.  Doesn't help that the majority of prehistoric mammals tends to be male.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Did temnodontosaurus include in marine reptile ? Or a mamals ? Thanks  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: