News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 09, 2014, 04:44:23 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 09, 2014, 02:52:32 AM
I think I'll be getting the two new theropods, although the Acro's head looks a bit generic. And I'll probably be getting the first group of dinos too, plus I think the two mammals. The only one I'm really torn about getting is the Guidraco. At 1/4 scale, it's nearly 10"x10"! He'll look so out of proportion with my collection of mostly 1/35-1/40's. I wonder why they're making it so BIG? Also, is that darker line on its lower jaw where the hinge to open it is? If so, it would be opening up in front of the jaw's actual hinge. Hmm. Maybe it's just a paint detail.

For those of you who missed this page Everything Dinosaurs posted earlier, here are the scale sizes of these new additions...
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/11/07/new-collecta-models-part-2.html

I like all the larger pieces really. The bigger the better. lol

The Guidraco, I can actually buy two and make a nest for them and have them 1:1. Then I can add an adult..lol ;)

Now that would be very cool, Chris! Hehe! And yeah, I can see how the biggest of figures would possibly work better with your life-size sculpts. BTW, did I ever tell you that I saw a street view on google maps of the front of your property and some of your dino sculpts! I think I remember googling your address you had listed for your Halloween event you do, and then all these dinos started appearing around every bush and tree. LOL! What a great area for displaying them. :D

suspsy

Still no Moropus and Temnodontosaurus pics.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 09, 2014, 05:39:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 09, 2014, 04:44:23 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 09, 2014, 02:52:32 AM
I think I'll be getting the two new theropods, although the Acro's head looks a bit generic. And I'll probably be getting the first group of dinos too, plus I think the two mammals. The only one I'm really torn about getting is the Guidraco. At 1/4 scale, it's nearly 10"x10"! He'll look so out of proportion with my collection of mostly 1/35-1/40's. I wonder why they're making it so BIG? Also, is that darker line on its lower jaw where the hinge to open it is? If so, it would be opening up in front of the jaw's actual hinge. Hmm. Maybe it's just a paint detail.

For those of you who missed this page Everything Dinosaurs posted earlier, here are the scale sizes of these new additions...
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/11/07/new-collecta-models-part-2.html

I like all the larger pieces really. The bigger the better. lol

The Guidraco, I can actually buy two and make a nest for them and have them 1:1. Then I can add an adult..lol ;)

Now that would be very cool, Chris! Hehe! And yeah, I can see how the biggest of figures would possibly work better with your life-size sculpts. BTW, did I ever tell you that I saw a street view on google maps of the front of your property and some of your dino sculpts! I think I remember googling your address you had listed for your Halloween event you do, and then all these dinos started appearing around every bush and tree. LOL! What a great area for displaying them. :D

:D Definitely considering doing it now.  Nah..that's cool! I'm glad they finally updated it..lol Thanks!

Neon-Allo

So will the Guidraco have the cost of the deluxe or 1:40 line? Or will it be standard line, does anyone know?

Everything_Dinosaur

The Guidraco 1:4 scale (25cm long x 25cm high) Pterosaur model is part of a new range from Collecta called Supreme.  We don't have pricing information yet, but at Everything Dinosaur it is our intention to stock this item in the spring and to make it competitively priced so genuine collectors and dinosaur model fans can afford it.  Look out for announcements on the Everything Dinosaur blog and on our Facebook page.

Hope this helps.

Concavenator

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 09, 2014, 07:26:14 PM
The Guidraco 1:4 scale (25cm long x 25cm high) Pterosaur model is part of a new range from Collecta called Supreme.  We don't have pricing information yet, but at Everything Dinosaur it is our intention to stock this item in the spring and to make it competitively priced so genuine collectors and dinosaur model fans can afford it.  Look out for announcements on the Everything Dinosaur blog and on our Facebook page.

Hope this helps.
That sounds really exciting!I'd love to hear more information regarding that range!

Roselaar

That sounds pretty big! Makes me even more excited for it. My shelf space would disagree though. :)

Pinkamena

Yays the rex doesn't look like a demented chicken *does happy dance* Roll on next year!
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Meso-Cenozoic

Does the tail of a T. rex actually have that kind of flexibility to swoosh back-n-forth like a cat's tail? I know sometime back there was some discussion about the tails not possibly being as rigid as first thought, but this looks a little exaggerated. Hmm. Thoughts?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 09, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

Hope this helps.

Excellent.

Brontozaurus

I love them all but oh my, that feathered Tyrannosaurus is definitely going in the collection. The only fluffy tyrannosaurs I have are both of Safari's Dilongs. This will be a welcome addition.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Neon-Allo

Gaah, I can't wait for the Moropus pictures to be released!   :P

suspsy

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 10, 2014, 06:42:18 AM
Does the tail of a T. rex actually have that kind of flexibility to swoosh back-n-forth like a cat's tail? I know sometime back there was some discussion about the tails not possibly being as rigid as first thought, but this looks a little exaggerated. Hmm. Thoughts?

I think it's just the angle that the photo was taken at. It's nowhere near as big an offender as the tail on the Papo Dilophosaurus.

Everything_Dinosaur

The last two of the scheduled 2015 Collecta releases the Moropus (Chalicothere in 1:12 scale) and the Ichthyosaur (T. platyodon) images can be found on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page.  These models will be available late May/June from Everything Dinosaur.  These are the last of the prehistoric lines to go into production.

We would welcome your comments, particularly on T. platyodon, as we think this is a "world first".

Images here:Everything Dinosaur Facebook Page

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 13, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
The last two of the scheduled 2015 Collecta releases the Moropus (Chalicothere in 1:12 scale) and the Ichthyosaur (T. platyodon) images can be found on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page.  These models will be available late May/June from Everything Dinosaur.  These are the last of the prehistoric lines to go into production.

We would welcome your comments, particularly on T. platyodon, as we think this is a "world first".

Images here:Everything Dinosaur Facebook Page

I do believe it is...that is an interesting choice for a toy. I have to ask..is the offspring removable?

CityRaptor

Oh, that is another first for a western company, although it could count as a general first, since the one made by Kaiyodo is Ichthyosaurus communis.

I also wonder if the offsping is removable.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Those are both very nice models, I love them both! Looks like I'll be putting a lot of CollectA models on my wish list. At least 8 of them.

Takama

suspsy

I'm going with the assumption that the infant is non-removable. Nevertheless, what an awesome concept! As far as I'm concerned, CollectA is the best company for prehistoric figures, hands down. I need to start saving money!

sauroid

they both look awesome. i wonder if the Moropus is as big as Bullyland's Chalicotherium.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: