News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2015, 12:37:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2015, 12:11:37 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 12:04:36 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 16, 2015, 10:15:14 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2015, 09:53:35 PM
Dejankins has it listed for 21.00 ..not bad.

See, most of those are about the same, or way, way more, than what I would need to sell the deluxes for (the mammals, for example, would be selling for way less than $20). But the Guidraco is selling for less than what my cost would be. So either things are being amortized or someone messed up.

Of course, being Canada, the figures won't even be here for 4-6 months.

I'm not finding any other pricing for the Guidraco. But cost for past deluxes and current ones seem to be in 19.99-24.99 range for most of them.

What's disconcerting is that his retail pricing is less that what my wholesale price would be.

Hmmm..those price ranges are based on Minizoo, DansDainosaurs,Dejankins, and EverythingDinosaur when I did quick searches for Deluxe pricing.  Is it possible your wholesaler is charging more than they should?

All of the other ones are, more or less, in line with what I would expect (I would expect Canadian pricing to be similar to Australian) . It's just the Guidraco that is WAY out of line. A line that would not be crossed by most retailers I should think--to say nothing of expecting consumers to pay over $40 for a toy pterosaur!

That is odd..though I would still say 40.00 isn't bad compared to the 100.00+ the 1:15 pieces have cost before.  Maybe somehow they have a deal to provide the Guidraco for less? Sort of passing on a bargain? I really have no idea though.

stargatedalek

$40 is hardly high given its size. Of course that is odd given that the other retailers aren't pricing that high.

triceratops83

The normal deluxe figures usually go around here for $25-30, so considering its' size, makes sense to me. A certain other brand sells their figures(which are about the size of Collecta deluxe) for up to $80. I'd pay $40 for large figures of small prehistoric animals.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

I'd willingly fork over $40 Canadian for the Guidraco.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 17, 2015, 02:41:12 AM
$40 is hardly high given its size. Of course that is odd given that the other retailers aren't pricing that high.

That to me is the big issue.

Quote from: suspsy on February 17, 2015, 03:24:24 AM
I'd willingly fork over $40 Canadian for the Guidraco.

Well, I can always bring one in if I have a buyer! ;) It's not like they'll be here anytime soon.

MiniZoo

Below are indicative $AUD prices for the following models for MiniZoo. Exact pricing will be determined when they come into stock.

For international buyers you can immediately deduct 10% Australian Tax so Guidraco becomes $36.36 and if you convert that to $USD at today's exchange rate price is $28.41 USD. Using Moropus under the same example it would become $11.36 USD.

$21 for Guidraco is not realistic, I think it's a mistake. There's no way Moropus and Daeodon would be selling at the same price as Guidraco. Anything with a moving jaw is going to be in the higher price bracket - ie, Guidraco, Acrocanthosaurus, Feathered Trex and Spinosaurus.

I've worked these prices out based on today's price list and our current pricing model. There is likely to be a small increase next month to allow for the increased cost of importing at the moment with the low AUD.

MiniZoo Australian retail price including tax. 
        * Guidraco - $40
   * Daeodon - $16
   * Moropus - $16
   * Acrocanthosaurus - $34
   * Feathered Trex - $36
   * Smilodon - $11
   * Temnodontosaurus - $11
   * Spinosaurus $36

Blade-of-the-Moon

If the price is going up to 40.00 then U.S. customers being able to order it for 28.41 is a good deal. It's been a long time since I ordered from Australia..any idea about what the ballpark cost of shipping is?

SBell

Quote from: MiniZoo on February 17, 2015, 10:54:22 PM
Below are indicative $AUD prices for the following models for MiniZoo. Exact pricing will be determined when they come into stock.

For international buyers you can immediately deduct 10% Australian Tax so Guidraco becomes $36.36 and if you convert that to $USD at today's exchange rate price is $28.41 USD. Using Moropus under the same example it would become $11.36 USD.

$21 for Guidraco is not realistic, I think it's a mistake. There's no way Moropus and Daeodon would be selling at the same price as Guidraco. Anything with a moving jaw is going to be in the higher price bracket - ie, Guidraco, Acrocanthosaurus, Feathered Trex and Spinosaurus.

I've worked these prices out based on today's price list and our current pricing model. There is likely to be a small increase next month to allow for the increased cost of importing at the moment with the low AUD.

MiniZoo Australian retail price including tax. 
        * Guidraco - $40
   * Daeodon - $16
   * Moropus - $16
   * Acrocanthosaurus - $34
   * Feathered Trex - $36
   * Smilodon - $11
   * Temnodontosaurus - $11
   * Spinosaurus $36

Okay, those are mmore like what my prices in Canada will be. And our dollar is about as great as the AUD right now! ;)

But postage to the US is less...just saying ;D

MiniZoo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 11:23:11 PM
If the price is going up to 40.00 then U.S. customers being able to order it for 28.41 is a good deal. It's been a long time since I ordered from Australia..any idea about what the ballpark cost of shipping is?

Shipping cost is weight based, increasing in increments of 100gms. We use DHL Global Mail which has a 2-3 week expected delivery time to the US from date order placed. Our website will calculate the cost for you once you add products products to your cart then click 'estimate shipping & tax', put in your country, region and zip code and it will work it out automatically.

I've done an example below in USD delivered to New York:

CollectA Carcharodontosaurus Deluxe 1:40 scale x 1
- price $19.92
- shipping $10.15
- P&H $1.39
TOTAL delivered price $31.45

I was going to upload a screenshot of our shopping cart but I can't find how to get the photo on. Can someone tell me how??!!

Another example of 5 random standard sized figures:

Achelousaurus $6.40
Alamosaurus $6.40
Hatzegopteryx $6.40
Mapusaurus $7.11
Pteranodon $4.97
- Subtotal $31.27
- shipping $13.67
- P&H $1.39
TOTAL delivered price $46.32

Blade-of-the-Moon

You have to post the photo somewhere online and link to it using image tags.  The photo should appear here then.

MiniZoo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2015, 12:43:42 AM
You have to post the photo somewhere online and link to it using image tags.  The photo should appear here then.

Ok thanks, here's the screenshot of the first example

and 2nd example

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. Man I wish that Mapusaurus had stayed the same as the prototype...every time I see it , like an old wound.. lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some pics from the U.S. Toy Fair :

suspsy

Any other pics from Toy Fair? Pics of say, Ridgeback, Longfang, or King Firecrest? :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I pulled these from figures.com and it was all they had. Not sure about anywhere else.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I heard from Dean at Dejankins and he confirmed his prices will be at MSRP or lower so 21.00 for the each deluxe including the Guidraco is right as of now.

Meso-Cenozoic

Dean really tries to keep his prices as low as he can. He told me once what his general markup percentage was. And believe me, he ain't making much. I guess it also depends on what each distributors' suppliers' asking costs are too.

Boy, that Daxiatitan is even more lime-greenier than his proto pics were. Looks like he's gonna get washed.... in mud-colored water. ;)  Hehe!

I still think the Temnodontosaurus' beak looks warped, curving inward a bit just like the Mosasaurus did this past year. I hope not. But if it is, it probably means they're still using that softer plastic. Which means there would be a good chance of the Xiongguanlong warping over too. But we'll all know for sure when we get our own actual figures.

BTW, thanks for these pics, Blade. They're very sharp so you can see a lot of details in them.

Dinomike

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 13, 2015, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 06, 2015, 12:18:50 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 05, 2015, 12:28:14 AM
Yep, I see the tail of the feathery beast! ;)  Still a nice sharp pic. Thanks for sharing, Takama! I wouldn't mind having that stand the Pliosaurus is on. And is that a new Great White? He looks pretty good. I'm still trying to choose the best one for a Megalodon. My hopes were dashed last year when the WS was revealed. :P

BTW, does anyone happen to know how far back in history the Baobab Tree? I had done a quick search about it and didn't come up with anything definitive. I think it is more indigenous to the continent of Africa. Maybe it would at least be all right to use for prehistoric mammal displays and dioramas? Thanks!

Apparently, the baobab genus is thought to have originated in Madagascar about 17 million years ago (Miocene). http://showme.co.za/waterberg/tourism/the-great-baobab-enigma/

Thanks, Dinoguy2! This is good to know now. So, good for prehistoric mammals but not for dinos.

Quote from: suspsy on February 06, 2015, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 05, 2015, 12:28:14 AM
Yep, I see the tail of the feathery beast! ;)  Still a nice sharp pic. Thanks for sharing, Takama! I wouldn't mind having that stand the Pliosaurus is on. And is that a new Great White? He looks pretty good. I'm still trying to choose the best one for a Megalodon. My hopes were dashed last year when the WS was revealed. :P

I'm loving these new pics!! The Guidraco looks so impressive. I'm so glad they fixed that jaw. But now I'm a bit worried about the end of the Temnodontosaurus' mouth. It looks to be curved like a bird's beak. I wonder if they're still using last year's softer plastic? The end of my Mosasaurus' mouth also curves inward too. I'm sure they picked out and displayed the best figures to represent each of them too. Hmm. Not a good sign. The Acro does look nicely painted. I do like the figure overall and will definitely get him. But his head, like those in past, is so shrink-wrapped. And there's something a little odd about his lower jaw. I can't pinpoint it. Something just looks a little off. But overall, a pretty cool looking figure (from what I can see of him there). On the other hand, I'm loving that feathered T. rex, but not his paint choices so much. Looks a bit Christmassy to me. Easily fixed though. It still looks like the very tip of his tail might still be too curvy. It's hard to tell for sure. But right where the most visible part of the tail ends, it looks like it still continues with a couple sharp twists in it. Hope not. I don't think it could do that.

I do think that family of new Spinos is absolutely adorable. (When was the last time you called a Spinosaurus cute? LOL!) But there's just something about that little family looking like they're just casually trotting (and belly sliding) off to the beach without a care in the world. Hehe! I like them so much I had to enhance the pic to see them better. :o

*EDIT
Forgot to mention the T. rex. ^

Great photos! The Spino family is my number one set of dinos this year. I think Collecta has outdone themselves - these are simply marvelous!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 18, 2015, 04:55:00 AM
Dean really tries to keep his prices as low as he can. He told me once what his general markup percentage was. And believe me, he ain't making much. I guess it also depends on what each distributors' suppliers' asking costs are too.

Boy, that Daxiatitan is even more lime-greenier than his proto pics were. Looks like he's gonna get washed.... in mud-colored water. ;)  Hehe!

I still think the Temnodontosaurus' beak looks warped, curving inward a bit just like the Mosasaurus did this past year. I hope not. But if it is, it probably means they're still using that softer plastic. Which means there would be a good chance of the Xiongguanlong warping over too. But we'll all know for sure when we get our own actual figures.

BTW, thanks for these pics, Blade. They're very sharp so you can see a lot of details in them.

Very welcome.

The softer plastic is an issue when it gets no support. The Mosa and Quetz I managed to tweak a bit but heating them up and propping them open for about a month. So far they seem to have stayed.  I think one key is getting the plastic warmer than your room temp at the hottest time..if it never reaches that they will stay.

Blade-of-the-Moon

This logo was also posted :

maybe I missed it..but what is IQON ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: