News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on May 12, 2018, 05:06:23 PM
Such a shame those beautiful models are probably never going to see the day of light. Those are absolutely beautiful.
It was therefore quite poignant that Boki's review of the fabled Battat mini T-Rex hit the DTB today. It was the last of the original Battat's waiting for a review. This brings an era to a close, sadly.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

It's been absolutely killing me that these haven't been released. I remember I thought I could practically feel that Gastonia in my hands back in 2015, I was so sure it was on the verge of being released.

Shonisaurus

It would also have been interesting a nasutoceratops that competed with the other brands and the pentaceratops.

But of the two figures that I regret most have not made this mark is the europasaurus and gigantoraptor if Battat had not interrupted its production would have been great news these two dinosaurs are rare in the toy market.

Brocc21

Battat has quickly risen to be my favorite company back when I first bought the terra Parasaurolophus back not to long ago. And it absolutely breaks my heart to know that a wonderful sculptor is gone and that I'll never get to see those beauties in person. That gigantoraptor and nasutoceratops look fantastic!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Fembrogon

Has anyone ever tried contacting members of Dan LoRusso's family? I don't know how feasible that is, or even if they would have any information to share, but perhaps someone else close to Dan would know something about why these figures never came to be.

Takama

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 09, 2018, 09:31:21 PM
Has anyone ever tried contacting members of Dan LoRusso's family? I don't know how feasible that is, or even if they would have any information to share, but perhaps someone else close to Dan would know something about why these figures never came to be.

Dans Wife Said something, and all i remember its Up to Battat.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Halichoeres

Does anyone else think it would be a little gauche to pester his bereaved family because we want some toys?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Yes, I do rather.

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 10, 2018, 02:58:46 PM
Does anyone else think it would be a little gauche to pester his bereaved family because we want some toys?

suspsy

More than a little.

Anyway, Dan's widow did indeed mention awhile back that the prototypes are all in Battat's hands, meaning she has zero say in the matter. So if you want to pester anyone, it's Battat. Not that I believe it'll do a lick of good.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

YES. Not to mention that his family probably won't be able to help in that matter anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 10, 2018, 06:00:32 PM

YES. Not to mention that his family probably won't be able to help in that matter anyways.

No doubt, that would be an insensitive and selfish thing to do. Really, leave the family alone already. It's Battat that has all the controls now, period.

Fembrogon

I didn't mean to sound thoughtless in my suggestion; I apologize.  :-[ I meant it in interest of LoRusso's work as an accomplished artist as much as in curiosity for the toy line. It's a genuine shame more of his work - toys they may be - hasn't been made accessible to those in the public, besides a handful of photos.
If it's been addressed already anyway, though, then that's that. It's still strange that nothing more has come of this line besides those gimmicky electronic figures. I wonder how well the Collection has been selling in stores?

Digibasherx

honestly, at this point, I've picked up more Battats from thrift stores and Kijiji than from actual retailers.

Shonisaurus

Poor Dan honestly I like his figures very much. They are legendary and epic figures and it is a pity that he died, but that said the most important thing is that Dan had survived the cancer he suffered, unfortunately it was not so, the fact that he returned to make new dinosaurs at the side of which he was alive lacks importance.

The physical loss of Dan or any other human being is worth more than all the dinosaurs and material goods that have been made and because there is a difference.

I am happy to have collected so many beautiful figures of Battat. I only need the mini tyrannosaurus rex of Battat, for me it is an honor to have those figures even if they are second hand, for me they are worth more than all the money and honors of this world. The same can be said of the prehistoric animals of Play Visions.

Dinoxels

Does anyone know if actual images of the Majungasaurus, Yutyrannus, and Plateosaurus were released?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Takama

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 14, 2020, 10:28:55 PM
Does anyone know if actual images of the Majungasaurus, Yutyrannus, and Plateosaurus were released?

Dan LoRusso Sent me This photo

Plateosaurus, Majungasaurus, Yutyrannus

He Died before he can get any further then this, last i heard

Dinoxels

That's rather upsetting. Thanks for the picture. I wonder why Battat isn't releasing the other finished figures, perhaps a request of his family?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Wallnut

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 14, 2020, 11:35:09 PM
That's rather upsetting. Thanks for the picture. I wonder why Battat isn't releasing the other finished figures, perhaps a request of his family?

Maybe battat doesn't want to make people think there will be new dinos every year and I have a question,Did Greg Wenzel died?

suspsy

Quote from: Triton TR on January 12, 2021, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on December 14, 2020, 11:35:09 PM

Maybe battat doesn't want to make people think there will be new dinos every year

I seriously doubt that's the reason why.

I'm gonna be honest, at this stage, I'm no longer yearning for the remaining Battat toys. Between CollectA, PNSO, and Safari, there's just so much top quality product coming out this year already, I'm just not feeling the desire anymore. That said, if Battat did miraculously start releasing new stuff, I'd probably buy some of them for my boys' dinosaur collection.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: