News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Here is what Battat is expected to release in 2015:

Terra:

Europasaurus

Gastonia

Gigantoraptor

Majungasaurus

Nasutoceratops

Pentaceratops

This thread is for discussion of the new Terras and eventually the Battat MOS reissues. Personally I'm pretty happy with this list and can't wait forward to seeing the new releases, especially given that both a prosauropod and sauropod are included. I wonder what the color schemes will be like or if they have been determined yet. For what it's worth, I always saw Majungasaurus as a low-slung ambush predator, stalking through tall ferns/grasses. A green or yellowish coloration on that one would be a nice touch.

Takama

DinoLord

Or the cynodont if you will.  ;)

Out of these I'm most pleasantly surprised by Majungasaurus and Europasaurus; I was expecting the others based on other forum threads or general trends in the market (with the ceratopsian craze). It's nice to see both centrosaurine and chasmosaurine genera being represented.

amargasaurus cazaui

Aha well if its a concept to suggest color schemes for the new figures, all I can say is the Zallinger mural perhaps had the best version of Plateosaurus I have seen done ....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

I'm not sure if it would affect anything at this point, and I'm sure Dan already has great color schemes in mind, but I figure it could be a nice topic for discussion. It doesn't matter too much though; it's easy enough to repaint a figure in a way one sees fit.

amargasaurus cazaui

Actually Dinolord I think you are making both an excellent idea for a thread or discussion here, as well as a seriously solid point. First, I am sure Dan wont mind people suggesting possible paint schemes he might choose to employ....and second and even more well said....you just described exactly what I do when collecting figures. If it comes out and I really like the sculpt, I will buy an extra and fire it off to Martin for a repaint to see what other possibility might present itself. Anyone that has ever seen the Carnegie Plateosaurus Martin repainted for me will understand my Zallinger comment......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 26, 2014, 12:17:12 AM
Aha well if its a concept to suggest color schemes for the new figures, all I can say is the Zallinger mural perhaps had the best version of Plateosaurus I have seen done ....

I know that mural, its at the Peabody Museum, i go there a lot when I'm visiting my Grandma.

Sim

I'm really disappointed there's no Herrerasaurus coming up! :(  I think it's very likely all 6 of these new Battat dinosaurs will look great, but at this point I'm only looking forward to Plateosaurus and Pentaceratops out of these.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 26, 2014, 12:17:12 AM
It's interesting how different people can feel very differently about the same thing!  It actually hurts my eyes to look at it, because I find the bright red clashes too much with the dull blue/grey.

ItsTwentyBelow

Looks like an exciting lineup! Great variety. Looks like we will sure have our pick of Nasutoceratops next year, very interesting. Excited to see the Europasaurus, great choice for a 1:40 scale sauropod for the Terra line. Won't take up too much of Target's precious shelf space!

I think any future discussion of the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor should be included here too, since they are technically 2015 releases.

DinoLord

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on October 26, 2014, 01:46:17 AM
Looks like an exciting lineup! Great variety. Looks like we will sure have our pick of Nasutoceratops next year, very interesting. Excited to see the Europasaurus, great choice for a 1:40 scale sauropod for the Terra line. Won't take up too much of Target's precious shelf space!

I think any future discussion of the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor should be included here too, since they are technically 2015 releases.

Nice to see you back again. Good call on those two; will add them to the list.

JakobVicent

I want all of them!!!! Especially excited for the majungasaurus!

Yutyrannus

Okay, these sound really cool! I'm particularly exited to see Plateosaurus, Yutyrannus and Majungasaurus as all three need good figures (I know Yutyrannus is also being made by Safari but you can never have two many Yutyrannus figures :)) ).

Also, if we're suggesting colors, I think something similar to a great grey owl or snowy owl (perhaps with dusty brown rather than grey or white) would be really cool for the Yutyrannus.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Now,that's an amazing lineup!  :D Looking forward to see the Yutyrannus,Majungasaurus and Nasutoceratops

Concavenator

When will the photos come out?I CAN'T WAIT

Manatee

When I first received clearance from Dan to post these on the list of 2015 figures, my first response was "Yes! Yutyrannus!" Majungasaurus and Plateosaurus are quite exciting as well.

Roselaar

Sounds very good! Nasutoceratops sure is on the fast track to popularity, this is the third sculpt for 2015 and the year hasn't even started yet! :)

That's Europasaurus off the Unique Species Thread then. But I'll wait with crossing it off until it's available.

Neon-Allo

Because Sauropods are my favorite dinosaurs, I'm stoked to see a Europasaurus!
I didn't quite see my other favorite dinosaur,an Allosaurus, but the Europasaurus sure makes up for it!!!!!

Sim

Quote from: Neon-Allo on October 26, 2014, 02:48:02 PM
Because Sauropods are my favorite dinosaurs, I'm stoked to see a Europasaurus!
I didn't quite see my other favorite dinosaur,an Allosaurus, but the Europasaurus sure makes up for it!!!!!
I think I'll quite like the Europasaurus too!

DinoLord

Allosaurus is a bit big for the size limits put on the Terra line, though I think it wouldn't be an unlikely candidate for an addition to the MOS series.

Neon-Allo

Quote from: DinoLord on October 26, 2014, 03:54:33 PM

Allosaurus is a bit big for the size limits put on the Terra line, though I think it wouldn't be an unlikely candidate for an addition to the MOS series.
Gah,oops, didn't think that through...my bad! :P

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.