News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's Prehistoric Art

Started by Yutyrannus, April 13, 2012, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Dinomike on January 16, 2015, 12:13:45 PM
I'm very fond of the Cryolophosaurus color scheme. I have another Battat Cryo on the way and who knows maybe I'll repaint it with your colors! :D
That would actually be quite ironic since my Cryo's coloration is based on that of the Battat figure (just with shades of brown instead of green) ;D. Anyway, thanks!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on January 16, 2015, 03:14:41 PM
Can't wait for these two!Will yoyr Spinosaurus bipedal or quadrupedal?
Neither ;)

spinosaurus1

perhaps depicting it semi-submerged in water would allow you to avoid such conflicting depictions. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 16, 2015, 10:58:06 PM
perhaps depicting it semi-submerged in water would allow you to avoid such conflicting depictions. ;)
Precisely, I'm not depicting it as walking at all. I admit it does avoid having to decide which way Spinosaurus walked on land, but that isn't why I did draw it that way. Rather I drew it like that because I actually believe now that the reason Spinosaurus was too front heavy to walk bipedally like most theropods and yet it couldn't walk quadrupedally either is because it simply didn't need to walk on land at all.

Concavenator

I was thinking something similar  :)) Can't wait to see it,among with the Deinocheirus.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Still haven't finished the Spinosaurus or Deinocheirus since I've been working more on The Speculative Therapsid Project lately, but I do have two new pictures:

Stygimoloch (Female)

Finally got around to finishing this. Based off of Dracorex.

Guanlong

Based on Scott Hartman's skeletal.

Concavenator

Reallly like these two!That Guanlong is really awesome!  :)

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Very good drawings! Love the Guanlong colouring.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

I'm going to make a Field Guide to Polar Dinosaurs as a book companion to the Trilogy of Prehistory, this field guide will have a similar format to that of the National Audubon Society's Field Guide to Marine Mammals of the World.
So far I'm thinking that it will include:
Nanuqsaurus
Alaskan Therizinosaur
Alaskan Troodon
Troodon formosus
Edmontosaurus regalis
Pachyrhinosaurus perotorum
Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis
Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai
Alaskacephale
Gorgosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Parksosaurus
Saurornitholestes
Hesperonychus
Chirostenotes
Leaellynasaura
Rapator
Muttaburrasaurus
Trinisaura
Antarctic Sauropod
Antarctopelta

Unnamed theropod from James Ross Island

Here are my first (new) pictures for this field guide:

Edmontosaurus regalis

A new version of my old drawing, patterns on the tail inspired by the Edmontosaurus in Planet Dinosaur. This was my reference for the picture:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Edmontosaurus_BW.jpg

A new version of my old Alaskan Troodon drawing (one of the oldest drawings I did for the Trilogy of Prehistory). This is, IMO, the best drawing I've ever done. The reference was Scott Hartman's Troodon skeletal, I shortened the legs in order to make this Alaskan Troodon more like the Troodontid equivalent of Utahraptor.

Balaur

Wow! Both are a huge improvement, but the Troodon is definitely the best drawing you've ever done!

Yutyrannus

Manatee

I love the Troodon! It reminds me of my own Troodon. I especially like the way you did the tail feathers; it makes it look very realistic.

spinosaurus1

just an interesting fact, being that troodontids had asymmetric ears, it is possible that they could of had facial disk of feathers to channel sound wave to the ears more accurately like owls.

nice work with the troodon

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Manatee on March 04, 2015, 12:54:12 AM
I love the Troodon! It reminds me of my own Troodon. I especially like the way you did the tail feathers; it makes it look very realistic.
Thank you :).

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 04, 2015, 01:23:02 AM
just an interesting fact, being that troodontids had asymmetric ears, it is possible that they could of had facial disk of feathers to channel sound wave to the ears more accurately like owls.

nice work with the troodon
I knew about that, I just didn't think it fit my version of the Alaskan Troodon, however the version Balaur requested for me to draw for Mesozoic does have an owl-like facial disk :).

Thanks again!

Concavenator

They are pretty good!Those are two of your best!Though my favorite is the Troodon.Keep up the good work! :)

Tyto_Theropod

That Troodon looks very real - one of those pieces of palaeoart where you wouldn't be too surprised to see it walking around your backyard (although of course you'd be surprised, given that dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 Ma, but still, I hope you know what I mean...). I like the colours too. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 04, 2015, 06:52:33 AM
They are pretty good!Those are two of your best!Though my favorite is the Troodon.Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks! I agree that the Troodon is definitely among my best pictures, if not the best, I think it is even better than that Deinonychus I did.

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 04, 2015, 09:40:23 AM
That Troodon looks very real - one of those pieces of palaeoart where you wouldn't be too surprised to see it walking around your backyard (although of course you'd be surprised, given that dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 Ma, but still, I hope you know what I mean...). I like the colours too. ;)
Thank you! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: