News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's Prehistoric Art

Started by Yutyrannus, April 13, 2012, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I'd actually forgotten about it until you just mentioned it :)). The Leaellynasaura drawing for it is close to finished though (I will do winter and summer coloration for it, the summer will be based on the WWD coloration)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Could I help out with the book?

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

I updated the Taniwhasaurus:

I think it looks better now :).

Yutyrannus

New version of an early sauropodomorph:

Panphagia protos

Drawn from Scott Hartman's skeletal. Also, now it has feathers ;D!

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thank you! Taniwhasaurus and Prognathodon are next :).

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Hopefully the final version of this mosasaur for the Trilogy:

Taniwhasaurus oweni

Drawn from Scott Hartman's Tylosaurus pembinensis skeletal. This time I corrected the species, changed the jawline to be a little more lizard-like, and added some new markings. The white markings on the back vary between individuals.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

And now one of my favorite dinosaurs:

Dilophosaurus wetherilli

Drawn from this skeletal: http://pinkubentobox.com/nagi/images/dinowiki/dilophosaurus_skeleton_01.jpg
Overall coloration from my Cryolophosaurus picture (which was in turn inspired by the Battat Cryolophosaurus), and leg coloration based on the WWD Coelophysis. Also, it doesn't show in the picture, but the feathers take on a metallic, silvery sheen when it moves :).

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thank you! I'm working on the story now :).

Everything_Dinosaur

A very interesting illustration and an intriguing choice of colours.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Deinonychus antirrhopus

Drawn from Scott Hartman's skeletal.

Yutyrannus

This has to be my best picture yet ;D:

Inostrancevia uralensis

I think this really shows how much my skill at coloring drawings has improved since I drew the first Inostrancevia, the same goes for my ability to draw fur. The color scheme is also a little more complex this time :).

Concavenator

Wow,Yutyrannus even though your drawings are awesome,you still keep improving!  :) I agree with you,this might be your very best.The fur's a nice touch,I don't like scaly gorgonopsians.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: