News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Both pictures seem to have vastly different tail positions ???
Is Papo using bendy materials for the tail?
Edit- Even the front feet are different in the 2 pictures..lol...what's going on.... :)

dragon53

PATRX:

Thanks for the comparison. It looks like the Papo Apatosaurus isn't so small after all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 21, 2015, 04:23:22 AM
Edit- Even the front feet are different in the 2 pictures..lol...what's going on.... :)

You mean between the pics of the Papo?

The tail being so thin will likely be prone to warp-age so they will vary a lot I'm guessing.

The front legs..look the same to me..maybe a little different angle.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2015, 05:42:48 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 21, 2015, 04:23:22 AM

You mean between the pics of the Papo?

The tail being so thin will likely be prone to warp-age so they will vary a lot I'm guessing.

The front legs..look the same to me..maybe a little different angle.

I guess each Apato will be individualized and unique!

sauroid

i'll just think that the WS Apato is a young male and the brown Papo is a female.
(the Tupux looks like it's writhing in pain right after the Apato accidentally stepped on it  :-\ Apato: "oops, sorry mr.tupuxy")
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Takama on January 21, 2015, 01:58:45 AM

From Everything Dinosaurs Twitter page.  (Im surprised no one has posted it here)

Really looks like the Tupuxuara had an unpleasent encounter with the Apatosaurus' tailwhip.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Tupuxuara: "OUCH! watch it you lumpy clumsy Sauropod!"
Apato: "uh watch where you're sitting scrawny pterosaur!"

sorry about the name-calling
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on January 21, 2015, 08:53:17 AM
i'll just think that the WS Apato is a young male and the brown Papo is a female.
(the Tupux looks like it's writhing in pain right after the Apato accidentally stepped on it  :-\ Apato: "oops, sorry mr.tupuxy")

LOL.

How about...

Apato: "OOps, sorry mr. tupuxy, would you like sum epuxy ?" :'(

sauroid

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 21, 2015, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: sauroid on January 21, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

LOL.

How about...

Apato: "OOps, sorry mr. tupuxy, would you like sum epuxy ?" :'(
haha that's awesome too. (actually thought of that rhyme)

Arul

Amazing next time we have to make best sauropod toys poll, i will vote papo apato for sure !!

Concavenator

*sigh*.They're so awesome.Those are two real must haves  :)

Centrosaur86

Too bad the size. But I like the Apatosaurus! very beautiful! Well made and good colors.

EmperorDinobot

Wow. I hadn't seen these. I'm impressed. I really like that Apatosaurus. 2015: The year my hatred for Papo ended.

tyrantqueen

Love the sculpt, but it looks like it's going through its final death throes >:D

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 24, 2015, 08:05:38 AM
Love the sculpt, but it looks like it's going through its final death throes >:D
or having its last screech as a foot of an Adamantisaurus is about to descend upon it.

gfxtwin

Sorry guys, didn't have much time to set up a good pic before work today.  Just threw it on the counter and snapped ASAP basically.  Will try to take a better one when I get back.

CityRaptor

Looks a bit like it is crouching down and hissing at something either bigger or above...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

After seeing some pics,I'm beginning to think,like tyrantqueen,that the Tupuxuara is the gem of their 2015 lineup.It's gorgeous.

EmperorDinobot

I really want Mr. Leonardi!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: