News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2015, 01:19:15 PM
Sadly they went with the JPIII one...

It's a great JP3 film replica though..as are most of the larger dinos so far.

The little bit of art we've seen for the JW Pteranodon in the film doesn't appear to be a JP3 toothed version. Looks smaller and more accurate so maybe Papo will give it another go.

The toy by Hasbro on the other hand...another faux pas.

dragon53

CONCAVENATOR:

After seeing the Everything Dinosaur video comparing the Apatosaurus to the Brachiosaurus, I still wish Papo had made the Apatosaurus bigger.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2015, 05:57:05 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2015, 01:19:15 PM
Sadly they went with the JPIII one...

It's a great JP3 film replica though..as are most of the larger dinos so far.

That is true.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

Quote from: dragon53 on January 26, 2015, 06:51:04 PM
CONCAVENATOR:

After seeing the Everything Dinosaur video comparing the Apatosaurus to the Brachiosaurus, I still wish Papo had made the Apatosaurus bigger.

Same here. It indeed looks juvenile next to the massive Brachiosaurus. I hoped it would be at least as big as Schleich's large Apatosaurus from 2008, but it seems to scale well with other Papo figures (unlike the Brachiosaurus, which is too small).

Centrosaur86

Apatosaurus is 18-25 meters long and was 4.5 to 8 meters high. You can also see it as a not too large adult female. dragon53 and Kreativtek. I do too.  :)

suspsy

The Apatosaurus will indeed look small alongside the rest of my large Papos. Still, it'll be nice to finally have the Classic Big Four.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Arul

When papo make a big sauropod like brachio people want a smaller model, when papo make a smaller sauropod like apato people want a bigger model. Well...keep spirit papo  :))

SpartanSquat

Quote from: kreativtek on January 26, 2015, 08:29:15 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on January 26, 2015, 06:51:04 PM
CONCAVENATOR:

Same here. It indeed looks juvenile next to the massive Brachiosaurus. I hoped it would be at least as big as Schleich's large Apatosaurus from 2008, but it seems to scale well with other Papo figures (unlike the Brachiosaurus, which is too small).
Same here. Looks like a juvenile. Maybe in the future we will see an adult probably based in JW? I think this 2015 would be a little just only a little bigger.
BTW do you think Papo will release a Giganotosaurus based in the mini one as a time period exclusive like tylosaurus, oviraptor or wolly rhino like in the past?

suspsy

People complained about the Brachiosaurus being too big? Shoot, I passed on it because I think it's too small!

dragon53

I'm happy with the size of Papo's Brachiosaurus.
I hope Papo continues to release ADULT dinosaurs to scale.

dragon53

Does Papo or Everything Dinosaur monitor this message board to get fan/consumer input?

reinier zwanink

Adult . Juvenile ?!
Who cares
I love them both so keep this up papo
When will they be available anyway?

Arul

Quote from: dragon53 on January 27, 2015, 04:54:56 AM
Does Papo or Everything Dinosaur monitor this message board to get fan/consumer input?

Sure for ED they are kind people who love to communicate with forum member. I hope someone from papo have an account here..

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 26, 2015, 12:53:58 PM
Quote from: gfxtwin on January 25, 2015, 12:45:30 PM
Wonder if a Pterosaur that was in an on-ground pose with open wingspan would look cool.  Not sure if this was a behavior that actually existed though TBH, and overall I agree that the "on ground with wings folded" is a neat way to display them.

A Pteranodon just like the one at the end of TLW from Papo would be perfect, despite inaccuracies.

However, as a Ludodactylus, the Papo model is an outstanding representation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludodactylus

"Ludus refers to the fact, long lamented by paleontologists, that many toy pterosaurs combined teeth with a Pteranodon-like head crest, while no such creature was known to exist — however Ludodactylus shows exactly this combination of features."

Jetoar

Here a video of teh new Papo figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCX9iGItJbQ

I think it is a juvenile  ;).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Centrosaur86

At Urzeitshop in Germany is the Tupuxuara already available!

Concavenator

GOSH  :o It looks like a different model!It's fantastic

dragon53

If someone from Everything Dinosaur is reading this, then my suggestions for future Papo releases are:

1. a BIG (adult) Apatosaurus
2. a BIG (adult) Argentinosaurus
3. a Giganotosaurus

suspsy

An adult Argentinosaurus would probably end up being in the $50-$70 price range. I'm not sure if Papo would be willing to take that risk. An adult Apatosaurus would be appreciated though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sauropods the size of the Carnegie pieces are "big" to me..not giant mind you like the Playskool Ultrasaurus or Dino Riders Brontosaurus..but big enough. It's just too rare we even get ones those size. Not sure how an Argentinosaurus would be done unless it's out of scale...then maybe 2' long? Could work for CollectA if they keep up their big line like the Guidraco.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: