News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativtek

Quote from: gfxtwin on January 24, 2015, 09:14:30 AM
Sorry guys, didn't have much time to set up a good pic before work today.  Just threw it on the counter and snapped ASAP basically.  Will try to take a better one when I get back.

Are you Mike from Everything Dinosaur? Because the same picture was posted on their Twitter account. Here's more:

suspsy

When it comes down to it, I think pterosaurs are grossly underrepresented in the world of prehistoric plastic. I'm looking forward to the Tupux, although I wish the crest was more colourful.

I also would be fine with all future pterosaurs being sculpted in walking poses. Easier to display, and somehow more creepy looking.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2015, 01:51:34 PM
When it comes down to it, I think pterosaurs are grossly underrepresented in the world of prehistoric plastic. I'm looking forward to the Tupux, although I wish the crest was more colourful.

I also would be fine with all future pterosaurs being sculpted in walking poses. Easier to display, and somehow more creepy looking.
That's true,walking/standing pterosaur models are a tad better to pose on your shelf than the flying ones.I also prefer that pose because it makes the model look more natural.I have 3 pterosaurs in my collection (Safari Tapejara,Schleich Quetzalcoatlus,and Papo Pteranodon) and they take a lot of space.Good thing Collecta also decided to pose their Guidraco as standing,otherwise,it would be seriously huge.

suspsy

Oy, the Guidraco with an open wingspan would be a nightmare to ship, let alone display.

Jetoar

Apatosaurus is gorgeous  :o.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tanystropheus

That sounds reasonable. Although, Guidracos crest is on the opposite side of the spectrum. That's pretty much rainbow sherbet ice-cream  ^-^ yummy.... I have to literally stop myself from licking Guidraco's crest  :D

I think Papo colors here are SS- inspired, though.

sauroid

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 24, 2015, 02:19:08 PM

That sounds reasonable. Although, Guidracos crest is on the opposite side of the spectrum. That's pretty much rainbow sherbet ice-cream  ^-^ yummy.... I have to literally stop myself from licking Guidraco's crest  :D

I think Papo colors here are SS- inspired, though.
too SS-inspired not only color-wise, tho i think that's not a bad thing
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 24, 2015, 02:19:08 PM

It does look like the Guidraco is wearing a party hat. But that's okay by me. Gui simply loves to have a good time! 😄

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2015, 02:14:39 PM
Oy, the Guidraco with an open wingspan would be a nightmare to ship, let alone display.

Hmm..maybe it could ship in a collectors box with pop on wings? Just a thought if they wanted to do one.. :)

gfxtwin

Quote from: kreativtek on January 24, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Quote from: gfxtwin on January 24, 2015, 09:14:30 AM
Sorry guys, didn't have much time to set up a good pic before work today.  Just threw it on the counter and snapped ASAP basically.  Will try to take a better one when I get back.

Are you Mike from Everything Dinosaur? Because the same picture was posted on their Twitter account. Here's more:

I shoulda known that prank would fail, trying to outsmart the forum that the figure companies themselves literally get advice from, ha!  Was a longshot gamble, but if successful would've been funny.  Oh well, heh.

gfxtwin

Wonder if a Pterosaur that was in an on-ground pose with open wingspan would look cool.  Not sure if this was a behavior that actually existed though TBH, and overall I agree that the "on ground with wings folded" is a neat way to display them.

CityRaptor

Open wingspan and on the ground? Unlikelys behaviour,,,would also take a lot space and would not be much different from figures in flying postions...or do you mean standing on hindlegs?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

alexeratops

Sure, the sculpt of the Tupuxuara is great, but what the heck is wrong with his pose?

His ankle is completely broken! It looks like he already got smashed by a dinosaur! Am I looking at this wrong? :( ???
like a bantha!

Arul

I think the figure is not standing properly so its look like it have a broken ankle

tanystropheus

Look at the shadow casted by the Apatosaurus. Such a beautiful multi-faceted shadow impression! :)

dragon53

So does the young Apatosaurus mean Papo will release an adult Apatosaurus in the near future?

Concavenator

Quote from: dragon53 on January 26, 2015, 06:08:21 AM
So does the young Apatosaurus mean Papo will release an adult Apatosaurus in the near future?
Nah,I don't think so.Papo refers at this model as just 'Apatosaurus' and doesn't mention anything about it being a juvenile.Everything Dinosayr said when it was revealed:
"The second model being launched by Papo is a much larger specimen, although not as big as it could have been.  The French figure and model manufacturer will be introducing a young Apatosaurus to its dinosaur model range (Les Dinosaures).
The second model being launched by Papo is a much larger specimen, although not as big as it could have been.  The French figure and model manufacturer will be introducing a young Apatosaurus to its dinosaur model range."
So I don't think it's a juvenile.If anything it would be a well grown teenage.It was clesrly made in a smaller scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: gfxtwin on January 25, 2015, 12:45:30 PM
Wonder if a Pterosaur that was in an on-ground pose with open wingspan would look cool.  Not sure if this was a behavior that actually existed though TBH, and overall I agree that the "on ground with wings folded" is a neat way to display them.

Like the ones you used to see in older book perched on cliffs or sunning?  It's a neat pose but pretty outdated. Unlike hanging bat pterosaurs..which were a fad at most..lol

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: gfxtwin on January 25, 2015, 12:45:30 PM

A Pteranodon just like the one at the end of TLW from Papo would be perfect, despite inaccuracies.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

Sadly they went with the JPIII one...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: