News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathalosaurus

Are these two everything? They look very nice, but I was expecting some carnivores.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

suspsy

Papo's yearly lineup has traditionally been small. 2012 was the exception, and many people theorize that Papo took a hit that year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Neon-Allo

As a pterosaur fanatic I can safely say, Tupuxuara!!!!!!!!!!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on December 19, 2014, 08:20:24 PM
Love both figs! Okay, they're not original once again, but at least they tweak the SS models well enough to get away with it. It'll be nice to have an affordable Tupuxuara on the market.[...]
I completely agree.
I can't get a sideshow model, they are way to expensive for people like me (living in 3rd world countries). So I'm so happy to get this SS inpired versions from Papo. I got the Carno and hope to get both of this models.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 20, 2014, 04:01:03 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 19, 2014, 08:20:24 PM
Love both figs! Okay, they're not original once again, but at least they tweak the SS models well enough to get away with it. It'll be nice to have an affordable Tupuxuara on the market.[...]
I completely agree.
I can't get a sideshow model, they are way to expensive for people like me (living in 3rd world countries). So I'm so happy to get this SS inpired versions from Papo. I got the Carno and hope to get both of this models.
What country do you live in
-Zhuchengotyrant

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 20, 2014, 04:57:04 PM
What country do you live in
México.
Example: SideShow Apatosaurus $360 USD in México is $5,261 MXN just the model itself. But add the shipping cost (A lot of weight & volume) minimun $2,070 MXN of shipping. And add taxes. Here salaries are low, and inflation is high.
So I'm pretty happy with Papo "SS inspired" figures.

USD = American dollars
MXN = Mexican Pesos
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Bokisaurus

Lovely figures, looks like Papo is back in the game :D

Arul

@takama this apato have to accompany your sauropods in signature  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: DinoLord on December 20, 2014, 03:36:41 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 20, 2014, 03:31:43 AM
Im sure that some year they will exhaust all the common ones and make something unique

Hopefully. The Tupuxuara is a good sign - maybe if Sideshow sculpts more obscure genera Papo will too!

Tupuxuara is Papo's first obscure model (Oviraptor and Pachyrhinosaurus are no longer considered obscure by any standard...the Archaeopteryx, arguably, but not historically). Sideshow does feature Camarasaurus and hopefully Papo will follow suit. It is a relatively small sauropod that Papo can certainly do justice...Amargasaurus is another mini-sauropod that would look wonderful alongside Papo's line-up.

kreativtek

I was not very excited when I first saw the Tupuxuara, but I admit that it has substantially grown on me after a couple of days. I like how different it is from most Pterosaur figures we have today. Its unusual pose and dynamic expression combined with Papo's signature sculpting will make it a great addition to my collection.

As for the Apatosaurus, I am not convinced yet. I know it is supposed to be a juvenile, but with so few anatomical leads that would suggest its young age, I fear it will look dwarved when put side by side with Papo's giant Brachiosaurus.

stargatedalek

a grounded tapejaridae was exactly what I had been hoping for, Papo really did not disappoint!

triceratops83

The Papo 2015 catalogue is out and it makes the Apatosaurus look at least as large as the Brachiosaurus. Also, they've got a few good extant reptiles and birds of prey. the other releases are mostly babies of already released animals. Found a link on STS forum to a Youtube viewing of the catalogue. Don't know if I am breaking any rules here, but here's the link. Credit this to Melekh from STS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_pxgirqUo

Oh, and no other new dinosaurs.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

kreativtek

Thank you, triceratops83! There are other new dinosaurs, though. At 20:09 you can see a new set of Mini Tub's Dinosaurs, which includes an Allosaurus, an Ankylosaurus, a Dimetrodon, a standing Tyrannosaurus, a Carnotaurus, and a Pteranadon (hopefully without the teeth).

suspsy

Hmmmm. Perhaps the Apatosaurus' neck isn't so off after all:

https://peerj.com/articles/712/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Quote from: kreativtek on December 23, 2014, 04:43:59 PM
Thank you, triceratops83! There are other new dinosaurs, though. At 20:09 you can see a new set of Mini Tub's Dinosaurs, which includes an Allosaurus, an Ankylosaurus, a Dimetrodon, a standing Tyrannosaurus, a Carnotaurus, and a Pteranadon (hopefully without the teeth).

Thank YOU! I did miss that, I was skipping ahead through the video. Wonder if we'll get another batch of minis next year?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

kreativtek

Minis collection seems to be closely linked to the larger series. This year Papo added dinosaurs that haven't been released as minis before, making both lines almost the same in terms of featured models. I guess we will see a new batch in 2016, with the Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara being the highlight.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure we can gauge the size of the Apato based on the pic in the catalog, the Plesiosaurus looks huge next  both.  Shame they don't list sizes like Safari does.

I'm again disappointed in their dragons. I had really hoped for a nice Smaug clone.

The Alligator Snapper looks cool..can't tell if it has the right length tail though.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2014, 06:00:17 PM
I'm not sure we can gauge the size of the Apato based on the pic in the catalog, the Plesiosaurus looks huge next  both.  Shame they don't list sizes like Safari does.

I'm again disappointed in their dragons. I had really hoped for a nice Smaug clone.

The Alligator Snapper looks cool..can't tell if it has the right length tail though.

at least the Book just Said Apatosaurus and not Juvenile Apatosaurus

stargatedalek

is it just me or did those treefrogs look to have pose-able legs?

snapping turtle looks promising, but I'd need more pictures to really judge it

chameleon is nice, but alas it is yet another chameleon with the tongue extended...

birds of prey look nice, especially that peregrine and vulture, sadly (for me anyway) most them are on bases (I find its really hard to find birds without them) so only the vulture is of much interest to me

surgeonfish is nice, but I have a few versions of this species already so I'll pass

the new dinosaur tub is interesting, to bad we didn't get a good view of it

SpartanSquat

Quote from: kreativtek on December 23, 2014, 04:43:59 PM
The other dinosaur from middle right is a Tyrannosaurus or a new one?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: