News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What Prehistoric Mammals Deserve Toys?

Started by suspsy, December 25, 2014, 03:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Basilosaurus seriously deserves some plastic love. I'd be interested to see which company does the best job of sculpting the tiny hind limbs.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Lusotitan

alexeratops

Anancus. Definitely. I bet the companies would love to if pushed!

Yo look at dem' tusks ahhhhhhhhh yo look at dem' tusks ahhhhh ;)
like a bantha!

DinoLord

I agree with the other posters in this thread that various proboscids would make awesome figures. It's amazing what kind of diversity they achieved (and subsequently lost  :-\).

Daspletodave

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on December 25, 2014, 03:53:24 AM
We really need a Mastodon. [...]
Imperial made a Mastodon (a big one):

But yes, we need a modern quality one.

My desire is a Thylacoleo (Papo or CollectA please).

And a Neoparadoxia (what a cool name):

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Gwangi

Yeah, I already know about the Imperial Mastodon. It doesn't interest me. I want a museum/collectable quality toy.

suspsy

I must confess, I'd never heard of the mammals in this thread! Awesome!

Platybelodon is another prehistoric pachyderm I'd love to see in figure form. And Gigantopithecus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 25, 2014, 11:22:11 PM
The answer is simple: Each and every ;).

Given that mammals already dominate the modern animals market - especially looking at you, Homo sapiens and Equus ferus - let Dinosaurs dominate the prehistoric animal market!

Although some Mesozoic mammals could be useful for dioramas... but even better would be more non-mammalian Synapsids.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

alexeratops

like a bantha!

crankydinosaur

- Columbian Mammoth
- Cave Lion
- Coryphodon
- Oxyaena
- Mesonyx
- Barylambda
- Cave Hyaena
- Bison antiquus
- Camelops
- Aeypcamelus

Takama

Stockoceros

Repenomamus

More then one Prehistoric Horse. (seriously, people love to collect the modern ones like crazy, yet no attention is given to there ancestors)

Brontozaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 25, 2014, 07:08:03 AM
Diprotodon, Zaglossus (a giant echidna), Procoptodon, Thylacoleo, and whatever that carnivorous kangaroo is called.

By carnivorous kangaroo I assume you mean either Propleopus or Ekadelta. Also Yowie made toys of all of them, but they deserve bigger figures. Geoworld was meant to be releasing a Procoptodon in their mammal line but that might not be a thing anymore.

My answer for the topic question is simple: MOAR WHALES. Basilosaurus! Eurhinodelphis! That one-tusked walrus thing whose name I can't spell!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Manatee

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 11:06:43 AM
Odobenacetops?
Odobenocetops is right! You know, I don't collect any prehistoric mammals as of the moment, but I would have to make an exception if an Odobenocetops was produced. I bet any company could do a pretty good job at making one.

triceratops83

Mojo should just scrap their dinosaurs and crank out LOTS of cenozoic creatures.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 01:40:59 PM
Mojo should just scrap their dinosaurs and crank out LOTS of cenozoic creatures.

THIS! Perfect Solution. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 27, 2014, 02:27:33 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 01:40:59 PM

THIS! Perfect Solution.
in a perfect world
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleogene Pals

I making both a Barylambda and Repenomamus, but they will be limited-number resin kits.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: