News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on August 16, 2015, 04:21:16 PM

*Swoop* ... I didn't realize I was dropping hints. ??? On the point about "neither confirm or deny"....you got it!

We all hear what we want to. For some reason, I can't find the quote, but I'm pretty sure that you told me in one post,

"Halichoeres, just for you Safari is releasing Rhizodus, Bawitius, Xiphactinus, and Leedsichthys as full-sized figures in 2016. Also you don't even have to pay for them, they're mailing them to your office as some kind of promotion."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 18, 2015, 09:49:04 PM

*Swoop* ... I didn't realize I was dropping hints. ??? On the point about "neither confirm or deny"....you got it!

We all hear what we want to. For some reason, I can't find the quote, but I'm pretty sure that you told me in one post,

"Halichoeres, just for you Safari is releazing Rhizodus, Bawitius, Xiphactinus, and Leedsichthys as full-sized figures in 2016. Also you don't even have to pay for them, they're mailing them to your office as some kind of promotion."

:D hilarious!

deanm

Quote from: Prehistorictravel on August 17, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
Safari:
Coelophysis
Regaliceratops
Gigantoraptor
Paraceratherium
Peking Man (For Wild Safari,not toob)

CollectA:
Euchambersia
Archelon
Chuanjiesaurus
Beelzebufo
Fukuiraptor

I was a bit confused by one of your hopes.  Note to myself (deanm, that is), read slower and it will make more sense.  It is Paraceratherium NOT Paramecium...

Dilopho

Schleich really need to do some marine reptiles.
Their old mosasaur and kronosaurus were pretty bad, but with the sudden popularity of mosasaurus (thank you, Jurassic World!), maybe we could expect a version of the monstrous monitor in Schleich packaging.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

"Halichoeres, just for you Safari is releasing Rhizodus, Bawitius, Xiphactinus, and Leedsichthys as full-sized figures in 2016. Also you don't even have to pay for them, they're mailing them to your office as some kind of promotion."

lol, I guess you're right Halichoeres... I've scoured the boards where I thought such an exchange took place, and now I'm thinking I just imagined it. Oops! Sorry to put words in your mouth, Doug!

Rain

I'd love to see a collecta troodon

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 21, 2015, 06:35:01 AM

lol, I guess you're right Halichoeres... I've scoured the boards where I thought such an exchange took place, and now I'm thinking I just imagined it. Oops! Sorry to put words in your mouth, Doug!

For the record, I would be very much on board with an Einiosaurus, or a Centrosaurus, or name-your-ceratopsian.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dilopho

Along with a mosasaur, I think Schleich needs to have another try at Dilophosaurus. Their old one is just too...well,chubby. Dilophosaurus was a terrifyingly agile predator with a long, twisting neck and a probably high running speed. To be honest, they seem to be resorting to "classic" dinosaurs again anyway, realeasing new Spinosaurs and Giganotosaurs. C'mon Schleich, we don't want those! Either give us good quality dinos like your fantastic Kentrosaurus, or give us some makeovers of your old dinosaurs that don't seem poorly-done. I mean, come on! The new Giganotosaurus could've been good- I love the colour scheme- but if your old one could stand up on two legs, why not this one? And why has your new Spinosaurus got demonic red pupils and a wierd pose?

sauroid

CollectA:
Thylacosmilus
Mastodon
Columbian Mammoth
Elasmotherium
Megatherium
Titanis
Doedicurus
Argentavis
Arctodus
Uintatherium

Schleich puts out one figure for the collector every year (2014-Pentaceratops, 2015-Kentrosaurus) but the bulk of their annual release is aimed at kids/the general public, hence the candy color paint apps, and other annoying details.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on August 25, 2015, 12:54:37 PM
CollectA:
Thylacosmilus
Mastodon
Columbian Mammoth
Elasmotherium
Megatherium
Titanis
Doedicurus
Argentavis
Arctodus
Uintatherium

Those are all fantastic ideas. Especially the Megatherium, Doedicurus, and Elasmotherium.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

terrorchicken

^great mammal choices! I really wish Schleich would go back to releasing prehistoric mammals, they did a better job with those than their dinosaurs.

The only companies we can really count on for mammals these days are Collecta and Mojo...and sometimes Safari ltd will throw out something like the gastornis once in a while...

Paleona

I've been reading through a dinosaur encyclopedia lately; it's prompted me to look up some lesser known species, and check to see if they have a figure yet, haha.

My wish list would include:

Brachytrachelopan - This short necked sauropod was a new one for me.  I think it would make a pretty unique toy!
Shunosaurus -  The current CollectA model is just hideous. x_x 
Lambeosaurus - A lot of people recognize this hadrosaur, but I haven't seen any models of it that appeal to me. 
Shantungosaurus - The most massive hadrosaur!  Really, I'd just like to see more duck-bills. :)
Wendiceratops - Safari would be my first choice to make this one.
Deinonychus - One that is actually properly feathered.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleona on August 25, 2015, 07:26:46 PM
I've been reading through a dinosaur encyclopedia lately; it's prompted me to look up some lesser known species, and check to see if they have a figure yet, haha.

My wish list would include:

Brachytrachelopan - This short necked sauropod was a new one for me.  I think it would make a pretty unique toy!
Shunosaurus -  The current CollectA model is just hideous. x_x 
Lambeosaurus - A lot of people recognize this hadrosaur, but I haven't seen any models of it that appeal to me. 
Shantungosaurus - The most massive hadrosaur!  Really, I'd just like to see more duck-bills. :)
Wendiceratops - Safari would be my first choice to make this one.
Deinonychus - One that is actually properly feathered.

I actually quite like the Bullyland Lambeosaurus, but if their Gryposaurus is any indication, Safari could definitely improve on it. I'd second the call for more duckbills generally.

suspsy

So who else is really excited for the annual fall news from all the toy companies? Me, I'm clamping at the bit!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleona

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 26, 2015, 02:04:26 PM
I actually quite like the Bullyland Lambeosaurus, but if their Gryposaurus is any indication, Safari could definitely improve on it. I'd second the call for more duckbills generally.

The Bullyland Lambeosaurus does have a really nice sculpt and active pose, but something about it still irks me... maybe it's the skinny neck?  I like it better after looking at the review of it again, though.  :) 
Still, I agree- I think Safari could produce a really lovely one!  I'm looking forward to seeing what they announce for their Wild Safari line, which has been excellent, especially in recent years. 

sauroid

Quote from: suspsy on August 26, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
So who else is really excited for the annual fall news from all the toy companies? Me, I'm clamping at the bit!
yeah it's that time of the year! im getting restless and impatient for any bit of news/previews.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Paleona on August 26, 2015, 02:35:03 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 26, 2015, 02:04:26 PM

The Bullyland Lambeosaurus does have a really nice sculpt and active pose, but something about it still irks me... maybe it's the skinny neck?  I like it better after looking at the review of it again, though.  :) 
Still, I agree- I think Safari could produce a really lovely one!  I'm looking forward to seeing what they announce for their Wild Safari line, which has been excellent, especially in recent years.

I agree, Bullyland's is best, but something is still off (which is why I haven't gotten it). For me it's something about the back: it doesn't have that hadrosaur hump, and the whole body just looks too skinny and rather misshapen as a result. I'm just waiting for Safari to get on that. :)

Quote from: sauroid on August 26, 2015, 03:09:57 PM
yeah it's that time of the year! im getting restless and impatient for any bit of news/previews.

I'm dying to know what's in store for us next year!!!

Concavenator

September 1st is right near the corner;only 6 days left.When that day will have finished,I wouldn't be surprised if any of those days the new Safaris are announced (if they aren't being announced on the 1st;that is.
And on the 1st/September of 2012,the Carnegie Concavenator was announced.The following year,the same day,
it was revealed that Safari was making a Suchomimus,a Monolophosaurus and a Pachyrhinosaurus.Still,I wouldn't hold my breath for the announcement taking place the 1st ,though.
On the other hand,CollectA's and Papo's figures are still pretty far away.

Fluffysaurus

Asked Safari Ltd if they Will produce more dinosaurs now Carnegie has stopped producing dinosaurs. Which i dont like at all. Your awnsers will be questioned soon. Will there be a new Pterosaur or Yi Qi. Your awnsers  will be awnsered soon. Oooohw whyyyyy the agony! Lol! :P
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Concavenator

Quote from: Dinofiel on August 26, 2015, 09:13:57 PM
Asked Safari Ltd if they Will produce more dinosaurs now Carnegie has stopped producing dinosaurs. Which i dont like at all. Your awnsers will be questioned soon. Will there be a new Pterosaur or Yi Qi. Your awnsers  will be awnsered soon. Oooohw whyyyyy the agony! Lol! :P
Yes,Safari will keep on releasing dinosaurs (for the Wild Safari line).Also,from what I can tell there will be no Yi in Safari's 2016 lineup.I recall Doug said he'd finished the 2016s back in 2014.Furthermore,Yi was discovered this year.However,I do think Safari will bring a new pterosaur for 2016,perhaps a Quetzalcoatlus or a Hatzegopteryx.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: