News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I have the I-Rex vs Gyrosphere and the minis.  That's all I'll get.  I hated being excited for Allosaurus when the line was first announced, but then they screwed it up.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I LOVE Allosaurus..and I'm skipping it myself. It just looks really horrible to me. 

I did pick up Blue today..planned on repainting her..but the sounds are mediocre, she looks alright unless viewed from the rear..tiny legs and a huge derriere...she'll be good left in package though.

CityRaptor

Yes, the Allosaurus is probably the worst of the bunch. Especially a letdown after the previous one looked so good.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I think the worst of the bunch is the Spinosaurus. It's impossibly hilarious. I kind of want it just to point and laugh at it.

CityRaptor

Oh yes, forgot about Zombie Spino...That one is the worst.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a shame they couldn't get David Silva back..would have been a service to the franchise.

Zombie Spino is right up there with the Rex for me. The Dimorphodon I think is pretty ugly too..but the trophy for the worst has to be the Pternodon. It fails on so many levels.

To lighten the mood:

I-Rex..why u no leave Apatosaurus alone?

Raptor discussion...

stargatedalek

I got the largest Indominus Rex. Unexpectedly it was a whopping $10 cheaper at Wal Mart, so I have it a day earlier than expected. I'll be starting on that blog review soon ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. I saw it for 29..something yesterday there. I paid a little more for mine at 35.00 from TRU.

joossa

Hmm... I little more expensive than I had imagined.
How much was Blue if you don't mind me asking?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on May 21, 2015, 04:10:49 AM
Hmm... I little more expensive than I had imagined.
How much was Blue if you don't mind me asking?

At walmart, 14.95.

Dinomike

You guys are very like to get them at those prices! Toys Are Us is asking 26 Euros for blue and the I.Rex vs. Gyro Sphere set sells for 54 Euros here in Finland. No sign of the big I.Rex but I expect it to be at least 80-100 €. Luckily I ordered my set online :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

54 Euros? Woah!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 20, 2015, 06:20:09 PM
It's a shame they couldn't get David Silva back..would have been a service to the franchise.

Or atleast re-use his molds. Two of them are still unreleased.

Zombie Spino is right up there with the Rex for me. The Dimorphodon I think is pretty ugly too..but the trophy for the worst has to be the Pternodon. It fails on so many levels.

Oh yes, those two. This toyline has so many ugly ones, it is easy to forget some.  ;D

I-Rex..why u no leave Apatosaurus alone?
"She's killing for sport!"
( This also reminds me of something I saw on Deviant Art where someone seriouly wondered how this is sport when Apatosaurus is the slowest Dinosaur on the Island. Said person clearly did not understand that Apatosaurus would still be dangerous....)

Raptor discussion...

TLW/Snap-Jaw: So, what do you think about Blue?
JPIII/Alpha: Eh, she is not that hot.
TLW/Snap-Jaw: She is hot enough to replace you!
Oh no

Brontozaurus

I found some at Target today. I thought about getting Blue but after finding that she's got a behind worthy of a Nicki Minaj song I changed my mind.

The Ankylosaurus still looked nice in person but the only one there had a broken tail, probably because some kid went nuts on the bashing action.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Jetoar

Hear in Spain, I bought in a local store Chomping T-Rex  for 28 euros and I-Rex for 38. It is really curious because Toysrus is really expensive even 10 euros more  :o so I dont buy nothing in Toysrus yet  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2015, 02:06:32 AM
Cool. I saw it for 29..something yesterday there. I paid a little more for mine at 35.00 from TRU.
My TRU was charging $45, is the cost of living in Canada >:D

Doug Watson

It's funny or maybe sad really how my brain works but with all this talk of the different pricing for JW toys around the world I was reminded of a Monty Python skit about the inflated prices for everyday items on the planet Algon i.e. DIGESTIVE BISCUITS; £8,OOO,OOO PER PACKET. It got pretty naughty after that so I won't go any further. >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 21, 2015, 12:22:21 PM
I found some at Target today. I thought about getting Blue but after finding that she's got a behind worthy of a Nicki Minaj song I changed my mind.

The Ankylosaurus still looked nice in person but the only one there had a broken tail, probably because some kid went nuts on the bashing action.

A few other JP dinos suffered from too much junk in their trunk..it's not noticeable really if left in the package and neither are the screw holes..so that's where most of mine are staying.  ^-^

Brontozaurus

I picked up the Ankylosaurus today. It's a fun toy; kinda feels like it should've been in the original JP line with how it works. Doesn't look much like an actual Ankylosaurus though, but the Carnegie version is on its way to me so I've got that for my authentic ankylosaur needs.

Surprisingly, every time I see the T. rex I'm feeling more like picking it up. It looks dumb but I like how the action feature works. Unfortunately the ones I found in Toys R Us today either had wonky legs or didn't properly work, so no wasting money for me today!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

joossa

My WalMart's selection was pretty limited. There was only one single blind bag left. All the other standard size figures were pretty picked through.

My Target, on the other hand, was very well stocked. And had some plushies, a raptor bundle, the large T-Rex and I-Rex, and some brawlasaurs. Walked away with just Blue, but the Mosasaurus plush was cute and tempting.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

Oh man, your prices are ones I might actually buy most of these at...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: