News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

It's a sad day when you see Tyrannosaurus rex as a peg warmer.

I will say that after seeing in hand pictures and videos, my harsh opinion of the Allosaurus model has lessened.  I still think the crests are done rather poorly, as are the arms, but it seems to be a fairly decent toy.  Obviously inferior to the prior TLW and JP Al's, but not quite as bad.  Kinda wish it had a different paint scheme though.  The blues and oranges of the JP one look natural compared to the super bright yellows of the JW one.

However, seeing the Pteranodon on the shelf today did nothing to change my opinion on that one.  That pterosaur is beyond ugly and straight into hideous.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinomike

Wow! Those are seriouly cheap! All the standard figures sell for roughly 17 Euros here in Finland - and that's like 18.7$. I paid roughly 31 Euros + shipping for the I.rex vs. Gyro Sphere set...and I thought it as reasonable compared to the 54 Euros at Toys Are Us! Now I feel robbed!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

The JW toys have hit Goodwill:

[Image Removed]

Seriously, though, this one was across the street from a Target and was the only JW merch there.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EmperorDinobot

Hah! They're already hitting Goodwill stores! That was faster than I expected!

$7.88 for the small ones isn't bad... but $6 would have been better. I'll pay full price for a Pacho though.

Takama

Thats the most Godawfal Mosasaurus i ever seen.   Might make for an interesting Review on the Blog >:D

joossa

That raptor girl in dress looks fabulous. The latest trend in summer fashion for raptor girls.  >:D

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2015, 02:51:59 AM
Thats the most Godawfal Mosasaurus i ever seen.   Might make for an interesting Review on the Blog >:D

Aw, it's not that bad. I like it for what it is in its cartoony, Ice Age-esque style.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Appalachiosaurus

Give it a break. it is supposed to be cartoony. At Least it doesn't have screw holes!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Arul

Oh my god, i hope that creature is plankton eater Blade..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not sure there is much chance of that...lol

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Has anyone taken a look at the brawlasaurs? I know they look like crap but they do work in the mobile jurassic world app and that may just make me purchase some.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

irimali

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 25, 2015, 04:55:00 AM
Makes sense when you see the original JP Jr Rex.. lol

Why does that man have such gigantic hands and feet?  how on earth does he put pants on?

But on to the dinosaurs.  Why does T-rex have such gigantic feet?  Is that what kids really want?  I grew up with the old Playskool dinosaurs and they were brightly colored but had pretty reasonable proportions.  And I loved them for it.  This looks like a Bratz doll T-rex.  Where's her purse? 

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhy does that man have such gigantic hands and feet?  how on earth does he put pants on?

But on to the dinosaurs.  Why does T-rex have such gigantic feet?  Is that what kids really want?  I grew up with the old Playskool dinosaurs and they were brightly colored but had pretty reasonable proportions.  And I loved them for it.  This looks like a Bratz doll T-rex.  Where's her purse?
I think they're inspired by the chibi/super deformed anime style. It looks pretty cute and non-threatening for young children I guess. But yeah, it does look a bit ridiculous. I think that guy would end up tripping over his own feet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think you have a point TQ, also there is stability again, small kids aren't very careful with placing their toys just so..larger feet help that.  A bigger head allows it to bite larger things too... just look at the JW Rex toys..I think they just made a more realistic version of the old JP JR one...lol

tyrantqueen

Maybe that's where David Krentz got his inspiration for his chubbie line >:D

Btw the Jurassic Juniors Stego is so cute. I like his stubby tail and huge plates.

...and he also seems to be an albino :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

reminds me of mohawk hairdo..or  a Porcupine bristling it's spines..lol

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

I agree with Tyrantqueen: That Stego is pretty cute!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

I'm missing the ATV dude from that set...

If anyone has it, LMK.

Aaaanyways, for the pros in this line: Dilophosaurus and Ceratosaurus don't have pronated hands anymore.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: