News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2015, 02:51:59 AM

Thats the most Godawfal Mosasaurus i ever seen.   Might make for an interesting Review on the Blog >:D
I think the Triceratops next to it is worse - why does it have sharp teeth?!

Takama

At least it looks more like the real animal then that Eel monster does sans teeth

Sim

Quote from: Takama on May 31, 2015, 01:38:13 AM
At least it looks more like the real animal then that Eel monster does sans teeth
(Borrowing the image from Joosa's post)

That Triceratops has no beak, sharp teeth (and incorrect hands and feet).  I think the Mosasaurus is more like the real by a small amount over that carnivorous Triceratops.

suspsy

Whenever I see the Stegaceratops, I think of what a silly, pointless, waste of a toy it is. We know that it's not in the movie. We know that Stegosaurus and Triceratops are. Hasbro could have done either of those instead and they'd probably end up selling better by virtue of their appearances.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on May 31, 2015, 02:06:11 AM
Whenever I see the Stegaceratops, I think of what a silly, pointless, waste of a toy it is. We know that it's not in the movie. We know that Stegosaurus and Triceratops are. Hasbro could have done either of those instead and they'd probably end up selling better by virtue of their appearances.

I bought one just because it is so silly and funny...I'm reminded of those really old films that just glued fins, plates and horns to lizards or rubber dinosaurs in an attempt to make a sort of prehistoric beast..pretty much this figure. Sort of a retro throw-back.

CityRaptor

There is even a B-Movie featuring Stegoceratops: Yor, the hunter from the future. Aside from that, there is also one in the Predators/Predasaurs DNA Fusion toyline, and a very similar creature appears in an old Children's book, "Longneck & Thunderfoot". Oh, and then there is this:

So not a new concept...

As for those plushies, I think we can agree that they are both awful.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 31, 2015, 09:38:21 AM
There is even a B-Movie featuring Stegoceratops: Yor, the hunter from the future. Aside from that, there is also one in the Predators/Predasaurs DNA Fusion toyline, and a very similar creature appears in an old Children's book, "Longneck & Thunderfoot". Oh, and then there is this:

So not a new concept...

Wow...rip off Don Bluth much??
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Yes, that too. It however just illustrates that the concept of Stegoceratops is not new.

Also:
http://kaiju.wikidot.com/wiki:stegoceratops

And look here:
http://www.fanboypress.com/movies/universal-studios-trip-report-feb-2015-jurassic-park-edition/
There is a Stegoceratops skeleton!
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteWow...rip off Don Bluth much??
Ripping off of Bluth is the least of concerns when it comes to that game *shudder*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLqiYj5lQw

The whole thing was just a train wreck.

Dinomike

Hahaha! Epic stuff! Never seen something quite like that...!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 04, 2015, 12:06:11 AM
At this point in my collecting "career," I don't think I could ever plunk down money on any of these, not when there's CollectA and Papo and WS to be bought. I want striploin steak and baked potatoes and grilled vegetables, not a Happy Meal.
Thats an insult to Happy meals

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 31, 2015, 05:35:16 PM
QuoteWow...rip off Don Bluth much??
Ripping off of Bluth is the least of concerns when it comes to that game *shudder*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLqiYj5lQw

The whole thing was just a train wreck.

That is the most distressing and disturbing dinosaur related thing I have ever seen......*shudders*
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on May 19, 2015, 06:02:02 AM
I have the Indominus Rex vs. Gyro Sphere set and me and my kids found it to be a great toy. The screw hole side is obviously ugly but I think the I.rex toys are the ones worth getting from this line. I.rex is not a real dinosaur so anatomical issues become, in my opinion, less important. I have a lot of Kenner JP toys and they are far superior in every aspect. Still I'm enjoying some of these new offerings - I guess I'm just so excited about the movie and want to like these toys!
Do you by any chance know the scale, I might get it if its scaled with the carnegie safari dinosaurs 1/40 scale

Takama

I think the I.REx with Gyro Sphere is somewhere in the 1:30s Scale range

Brachiosaurus

Anyone know what scale the blind bag dimorphodon is?

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on June 01, 2015, 11:52:26 PM
Anyone know what scale the blind bag dimorphodon is?

Well, according to my photo:

the figure is about 7 cm long, nose to tail (the wingspan is similar). The total body length on the real animal is (apparently) about 1m.

That makes the scale roughly 1/14.

BUT.

The JW website claims that the animal is 3m long. Which, according to their sizing, means the scale is more like 1/43.

Math is fun!

Brachiosaurus

I went to my local ToysRUs twice in May 2 weeks apart and not a single Jurassic world toy sold, The children in my area are smart

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 31, 2015, 04:25:40 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on May 31, 2015, 09:38:21 AM

So not a new concept...

Wow...rip off Don Bluth much??

I'm putting myself through this right now.

Why am I doing this...

Why...

Yee.

CityRaptor

That being said, I have yet to see the big Bad Boy I-Rex in stores. Only wave 1 figure I have not seen life so far.
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: