You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2016: Step 3 Ceratosaurus

Started by anchry6, January 18, 2015, 02:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

Now, we are at the final stages.
In this topic you can write as you would like to be done the Papo Ceratosaurus.
You can use: scientific descriptions, drawings, sculptures, pictures taken on the internet (legal please) and so on. You can also criticize and improve a choice with an other...
However, the Papo will decide freely how use this material that we will provide at them.
I'm also looking for a paleontologist (possibly) or more paleontologists than write two or three pages maximum (with pictures) to give some advice on how to make a precise Ceratosaurus and on mistakes to avoid.
Thank you all for your interest in this project...
I hope it will be successful!
GOOD DISCUSSION.

:D

suspsy

Articulated jaw, naturally. And a non-tripod stance. And not the colours from JP3. Not that there was anything bad about it, just that I'd rather see a new scheme.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

As with the Giga, I think the Ceratosaurus should be nice and spiky too, so he'll pair well with big Al. ;)

I'm not sure who this artist is, but I like this pic...

...and the colors are very Papo friendly too. ^-^

*EDIT*
I think I found the artist. Raul Lunia, and also goes by Dinoraul. Beautiful artwork! Here's another image of him...

Arul

Make sure that the figure can stand properly forever after....My green running trex cant stand properly anymore after 1 week i open it from the pack

Alex-DinoFood

Is there any point for Papo to make a Ceratosaurus now that we know Rebor is making one?

CityRaptor

You mean aside from the fact that REBOR's will cost like twice the price of the one Papo would make and will be less widely available?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tallin

Personally I'd much rather have a papo one! It will be half the price, just as detailed and I personally don't like bases on my dinos as it spoils the possibility for home-made dioramas...

Centrosaur86

Pachyrhinosaurus

Papo should be sure to add the dorsal 'bumps' on the animal as well as the long teeth characteristic of ceratosaurus:

IT would also look nice in a running pose, although that's already been done with their allosaurus and dilophosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Alex-DinoFood on January 18, 2015, 11:27:23 AM
Is there any point for Papo to make a Ceratosaurus now that we know Rebor is making one?

Are Papos are Rebors pretty much the same scale? Is the Rebor T-rex similar in size to the Papo counterpart?

sauroid

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 18, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

Are Papos are Rebors pretty much the same scale? Is the Rebor T-rex similar in size to the Papo counterpart?
yes, the rexes from the two brands are almost the same size.
11th post http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2750.180
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

Quote from: sauroid on January 18, 2015, 03:59:11 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 18, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

yes, the rexes from the two brands are almost the same size.
11th post http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2750.180

Actually I'd say no. When I saw those pictures I was expecting the Rebor to be smaller than it was. It's not huge or anything but it is deffinately bigger than the Papo...noticeably so IMO. 

As I said in the Papo 2015 thread, the one thing that Rebor does better than any of the other companies including Papo and Sideshow, is that what they advertise is what you get.  None of the beautiful advertising pictures and then some sloppy or simplistic production piece. With Rebor what you see is what you get. Papo seems to be hit or miss with their paint apps. Disappointingly so in the Allosaurus's case for me. While, Rebor, so far hasn't had one complaint, regarding the paint work and presentation of their pieces, at least as far as I'm aware. I only bring this up as some are wondering which one to go with Papo or Rebor. I'd guess that the Rebor will be a little bit bigger and probably better better paint work. Papo's will be cheaper an little smaller and the paint work will be descent, but not at the Rebor quality.

Now accuracy, that is a completely other discussion that has many threads!    >:D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tyrantqueen

Why do we have to continue with the Rebor/Papo comparison? It's getting a bit repetitive. This is supposed to be a request thread for Papo. These kind of comments belong in the Rebor thread :)

Dobber

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2015, 09:46:19 PM
Why do we have to continue with the Rebor/Papo comparison? It's getting a bit repetitive. This is supposed to be a request thread for Papo. These kind of comments belong in the Rebor thread :)

I agree, I only responded to others comments, and before I get accused of being a Rebor fanboy, I just want to clarify I'm not. Just stating their paint work is very good.  ;)

Chris

CityRaptor

Well, it all started with someone asking why Papo should make a Ceratosaurus when REBOR already made one...by that logic no company needs to make a new Ceratosaurus since Safari already made one...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dobber

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 18, 2015, 10:17:55 PM
Well, it all started with someone asking why Papo should make a Ceratosaurus when REBOR already made one...by that logic no company needs to make a new Ceratosaurus since Safari already made one...

Lol. Yup! :). There is plenty of room for as many different companies as there can be. Competition is a good thing.  ;)

Chris

DinoLord

As long as it has plenty of pointy bits I'd be happy.

Tallin

I agree it seems poor logic...plus I like to have several versions of one dino as they display well together! I imagine a Rebor and Papo Ceratosaurus would look great together! Though I still think there are many important differences between these two companies despite the few similarities. I for one don't like to spend a large amount of money on one figure! (unless it was a kit!)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Concavenator on January 18, 2015, 03:55:35 PM
http://julio-lacerda.deviantart.com/art/Ceratosaurus-nasicornis-287676157

Nice! Although paint-wise, I wouldn't want an all black figure. Looks more like a silhouette and hides the details more. But that profile is really nice!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: