News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

The Acro picture mentioned earlier!  Looks great!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

indominus rex

No problem, I'm glad to help, :) and like you just said, you get what you pay for in a model and people will just have to accept that.

Arul

In rebor acro is the "snack" include in one set ? Or will be sold separately ?

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 03:32:32 AM
Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2015, 02:04:23 AM
FWIW, the two star rating on the T. rex had been established well before REBOR Studios began posting on the forums. So whatever the reasons behind people's choices (high price, bad pose, too much resemblance to JP, etc), I seriously doubt spite was one of them. Although it wouldn't shock me if that's changed over the past few months.

That's not correct, the review was done on the 5th of January, 2015, the first time we entered this forum was August 28th, 2014, and King T-rex was announced on the 30th October, 2014, released on the first of December, 2014, in stock globally on the 10th of December, it was 4.5 stars first then somehow dropped to 2 stars.

Then allow me to rephrase: the 2.5 star rating was in place well before your behaviour rubbed a ton of people the wrong way and ended up getting you banned back in April.

QuoteSpite played a very big part because many people are not happy that our Yutyrannus  has less feathers and we nicknamed hime "Y-rex", those people thought that we know nothing about dinosaurs and they can push the newcomers around, then we started to explain for ourselves they just lost their temper.

I don't buy that for a second.

I don't buy the notion that dozens of people decided to sabotage the T. rex's rating simply because they were disappointed by the Yutyrannus. That would be like sabotaging the rating on the Papo Running Rex because the Plesiosaurus and Tylosaurus are disappointing by comparison. Maybe I'm giving humanity more credit than it deserves, but that just doesn't sound like any of the people I've encountered on this forum over the years. If what are you claiming is true (not that there's any real way to prove it), then I agree that it's an underhanded tactic. Although no worse than your recent Facebook post.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Yes, that sounds very unlikely.  I would give the REBOR Yutyrannus as bad rating, given that it is the least accurate Yutyrannus out there...but downvoting the T.rex because the "Y-Rex" is bad  seems illogical.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sim

I think it's unwise to assume the choices people make when voting on the reviews aren't fair or valid.  I personally don't like the Rebor Tyrannosaurus's pose which requires a base, it being JP-inspired, and its head not having the right shape consequently making it lack the binocular vision Tyrannosaurus is known to have.  Even the JP Tyrannosaurus has binocular vision.  I also agree with suspsy. 

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Sim on June 19, 2015, 03:05:07 PM
and its head not having the right shape consequently making it lack the binocular vision Tyrannosaurus is known to have.  Even the JP Tyrannosaurus has binocular vision.  I also agree with suspsy.

King T-rex has binocular vision, from the front of the head you can see both eyes.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2015, 01:17:54 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 03:32:32 AM
Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2015, 02:04:23 AM
FWIW, the two star rating on the T. rex had been established well before REBOR Studios began posting on the forums. So whatever the reasons behind people's choices (high price, bad pose, too much resemblance to JP, etc), I seriously doubt spite was one of them. Although it wouldn't shock me if that's changed over the past few months.

That's not correct, the review was done on the 5th of January, 2015, the first time we entered this forum was August 28th, 2014, and King T-rex was announced on the 30th October, 2014, released on the first of December, 2014, in stock globally on the 10th of December, it was 4.5 stars first then somehow dropped to 2 stars.

Then allow me to rephrase: the 2.5 star rating was in place well before your behaviour rubbed a ton of people the wrong way and ended up getting you banned back in April.

QuoteSpite played a very big part because many people are not happy that our Yutyrannus  has less feathers and we nicknamed hime "Y-rex", those people thought that we know nothing about dinosaurs and they can push the newcomers around, then we started to explain for ourselves they just lost their temper.

I don't buy that for a second.

I don't buy the notion that dozens of people decided to sabotage the T. rex's rating simply because they were disappointed by the Yutyrannus. That would be like sabotaging the rating on the Papo Running Rex because the Plesiosaurus and Tylosaurus are disappointing by comparison. Maybe I'm giving humanity more credit than it deserves, but that just doesn't sound like any of the people I've encountered on this forum over the years. If what are you claiming is true (not that there's any real way to prove it), then I agree that it's an underhanded tactic. Although no worse than your recent Facebook post.

But back in March somebody else wrote:

"You people are ridiculous. How does this figure have 2 stars cumulatively? Can children be excluded from spamming their one star votes, please?

It's not perfect but damn, it's a nice figure regardless."

We have nothing to do with this comment.

Shonisaurus

Regardless of what they think in the debate. I just wanted to ask a question when will release online images and dimorphodon Acrocanthosaurus awaited?

At least to whet your appetite, it's frustrating that Rebor delay in publishing the finished images and Acrocanthosaurus with dam and dimorphodon. I'm really anxious to see those figures although not yet comercializen.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 19, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
Regardless of what they think in the debate. I just wanted to ask a question when will release online images and dimorphodon Acrocanthosaurus awaited?

At least to whet your appetite, it's frustrating that Rebor delay in publishing the finished images and Acrocanthosaurus with dam and dimorphodon. I'm really anxious to see those figures although not yet comercializen.

Sorry about the delay, we are still working on these projects, collectors might able to see the coloured images of Hercules by the end of this month. The prototype of Dimorphodon is still under development but will be finished by the end of next week :)

postsaurischian

:D I'm very happy with the Dimorphodon decision.
The pose in the silhouette shot looks very promising - great pose and base.
I'm pretty sure there can't be any standing issues. I can't wait for this one!!
This might gonna be a true gem.

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 03:31:32 PM
But back in March somebody else wrote:

"You people are ridiculous. How does this figure have 2 stars cumulatively? Can children be excluded from spamming their one star votes, please?

It's not perfect but damn, it's a nice figure regardless."

We have nothing to do with this comment.

Again, that does not constitute proof that dozens of people actively sabotaged the T. Rex's rating purely out of disgust over the Yutyrannus (which has yet to be reviewed on the DTB) and spite towards you. I understand that you are frustrated and disappointed that your product has been rated poorly. Shoot, I could never sculpt an item like that, not even if someone offered me ten million dollars or put a gun to my grandmother's head. But it simply does not follow that there is an active conspiracy going on against REBOR. Sure, it's always possible that some people really did give the T. Rex one or two stars simply to be mean. But it's also possible that some people genuinely do not care for the product. Personally, I'm put off by the anatomical inaccuracies, the JP resemblance, and the price tag. I remember giving it three stars myself.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I have to say that both the tyrannosaurus as the yutyrannus of Rebor I gave them five stars, that does not mean anything because I am about the figures of dinosaurs, perhaps because of my ignorance paleontological generally quite generous.

The fact and truth that most forum members dinosaur toy, and the people who vote for each of the figures masterfully discussed by leading members of the forum included criticism, have their reasons, to vote favorably as desfavorablmente have excellent paleontological knowledge concerning the prehistoric creatures overwhelmingly

Anyway I understand that voting public is very demanding, and most importantly in the forums, which is positive even for companies including Rebor dinosaur, which should take notes from their mistakes and should contribute to change in his philosophy Dinosaurs make regarding their mistakes (rectify is wise) and most importantly have a spirit of self-criticism and above all consider the most critical members with the figures.

This is certainly what ultimately should do all companies in dinosaurs, which will impact very positively on the view that new generations have about dinosaurs and thus create new generations of people interested in the world of paleontology and turn a science to more adult global scale and longer in many countries less science.

Ultimately dinosaur companies can do constructive work not only for collectors but to better understand from a scientific point of view to society the world of dinosaurs.

As the saying goes to conquer the hearts of the people must be convinced.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 19, 2015, 04:50:07 PM
I have to say that both the tyrannosaurus as the yutyrannus of Rebor I gave them five stars, that does not mean anything because I am about the figures of dinosaurs, perhaps because of my ignorance paleontological generally quite generous.

The fact and truth that most forum members dinosaur toy, and the people who vote for each of the figures masterfully discussed by leading members of the forum included criticism, have their reasons, to vote favorably as desfavorablmente have excellent paleontological knowledge concerning the prehistoric creatures overwhelmingly

Anyway I understand that voting public is very demanding, and most importantly in the forums, which is positive even for companies including Rebor dinosaur, which should take notes from their mistakes and should contribute to change in his philosophy Dinosaurs make regarding their mistakes (rectify is wise) and most importantly have a spirit of self-criticism and above all consider the most critical members with the figures.

This is certainly what ultimately should do all companies in dinosaurs, which will impact very positively on the view that new generations have about dinosaurs and thus create new generations of people interested in the world of paleontology and turn a science to more adult global scale and longer in many countries less science.

Ultimately dinosaur companies can do constructive work not only for collectors but to better understand from a scientific point of view to society the world of dinosaurs.

As the saying goes to conquer the hearts of the people must be convinced.

This is a message not only to leave the company Rebor but to other companies dinosaurs.

Bats mistakes in life and learn all you've ever received and most importantly makes us more self-critical and more humble I know from personal experience. No one and nothing gives something positive without merit. It's advice.

ZaZZU2

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

Sorry about the delay, we are still working on these projects, collectors might able to see the coloured images of Hercules by the end of this month. The prototype of Dimorphodon is still under development but will be finished by the end of next week :)

Great! Really excited to see Hercules in color.  :)

With regards to the low rating, Rebor, you might be a fixating a little on the toy blog a little. Of course the opinions in the blog are a little more refined and discerning as the persons giving them are more familiar with dinosaurs. But reviews for your products are quite good from other sources such as Youtube and sellers like Minizoo. EverythingDinosaur, who stopped making video reviews lately, even made one for you. A glowing one even. The Ceratosaurus review in the blog was actually positive aside from the part about the leg flaw. And the negative rating was given by less than a hundred people.  Considering your products do sell well, some stores are even sold out, I think there more people who like your products.  ;D

To be fair though, in my opinion, the facebook post may have been ill-advised. You have the right to express disappointment or anything there actually, but telling the 19000+ followers to "mob", for the lack of a better term, the voting does not seem right, especially since you are a member of the forum and the blog. And the healing process from the April events have already started  :)), let's just move on. With the Triplets, Dimorphodon, Egg sets and Savage, things are definitely looking good for you and us the buyers and fans.

Sim

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 03:29:27 PM
King T-rex has binocular vision, from the front of the head you can see both eyes.
If it does have binocular vision then that's good!  I don't have a Rebor Tyrannosaurus, I got the impression it doesn't have binocular vision from posts on pages 12 and 13 of this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2750.220 and from photos such as this one:

Looking at a Tyrannosaurus skull like the one below, it seems to me the eyes on the Rebor one don't face forward enough and/or the area at the back of the snout near the eyes is too wide thus blocking some of the eyes' field of view.

Simon

Yeah, the width of the head and the misplaced eyes are pretty disappointing.  I remember being quite impressed when the first photos of this puppy were released ... until I saw the head-on view ... this was a MAJOR "faux pas" on the part of the sculptor, and its fairly obvious that quality control (well, OK "accuracy control") was sorely lacking because this is a BIG inaccuracy.

What's more, of all of the possible errors different manufacturer's have made in sculpting a TRex, a too-wide head is one that I have not seen before.  This was one that was easily avoidable if the sculptor had actually paid closer attention to the skull of the animal instead of (probably, I am guessing here) being too focused on a 2D profile photo from Jurassic Park.  Heck had they just copied the head of the Papo version this sculpt could have been a "home run ball"!

Instead of working on a Triceratops "footrest" the manufacturer would have better served its customers by going back and having the head re-sculpted and the model revised ...

pylraster

Hi REBOR. I think that doing away with the bases and the box could help bring down the cost and price. Your models are already incredibly detailed on their own. But I like the idea of the nest and eggs. Also, maybe a T.rex that can stand on its own two feet. King's pretty, but the pose is limiting.

More power to you guys.

stargatedalek

I like the idea of offering pieces for sale with or without the base and fancy packaging. Its nice to get the full experience, but not everyone wants the full price tag and is more interested in the individual aspects of each set. I know there is a huge interest in people who would be interested in buying extra bases.

My advice would be to offer an "economy version" for the main lines dinosaurs (with the probable exception of utahraptor). The customer could choose to purchase the model on its own, with simple packaging, or they could pay for the full experience, with the default base and collectible packaging. The various bases would be available for purchase individually, again with simpler packaging. This would allow people to choose more easily from a variety of bases for their model, or to purchase a model on its own if they already have a suitable base or aren't fond of a base, and of course to purchase a base on its own.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 19, 2015, 07:38:05 PM
I like the idea of offering pieces for sale with or without the base and fancy packaging. Its nice to get the full experience, but not everyone wants the full price tag and is more interested in the individual aspects of each set. I know there is a huge interest in people who would be interested in buying extra bases.

My advice would be to offer an "economy version" for the main lines dinosaurs (with the probable exception of utahraptor). The customer could choose to purchase the model on its own, with simple packaging, or they could pay for the full experience, with the default base and collectible packaging. The various bases would be available for purchase individually, again with simpler packaging. This would allow people to choose more easily from a variety of bases for their model, or to purchase a model on its own if they already have a suitable base or aren't fond of a base, and of course to purchase a base on its own.

The statement you say is true, it would be better to Rebor will package their figures were not provided breakable packaging material cheaper.

Thus the figures would be cheaper and more importantly, understand that customers would be more willing to buy their figures.

I think a good idea of yours

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: