News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Dinofiel on March 25, 2016, 11:32:41 AM
A new tease from Rebor and i think it looks amaaaaaaziiiing! Ok so it has no feathers. Pluck a chicken and put your own feathers on it hahaha sorry for the veggies among us. Just kidding. Its the best featherless retro Velociraptor i have ever seen!

Wow. They really have stopped caring altogether, haven't they?

I'd sooner spend my extra money on new household cleaning supplies.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Not interested. REBOR should do a pterosaur series :).

Its the best featherless retro Velociraptor i have ever seen!

I'd say the Wild Safari figure was better ;).

empire3569

I just want them to go back to the 1:35 line  :( So many great potential products teased but none anytime soon

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 25, 2016, 09:25:01 PM
Not interested. REBOR should do a pterosaur series :).

Its the best featherless retro Velociraptor i have ever seen!

I'd say the Wild Safari figure was better ;).
Oh i would love a Pterosaur line too!!!! Pterodaustro and Pteranodon and Every single other one there is hahaha. And a Yi Qi!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

PaleoMatt

Hey has Rebor ever heard of a Velociraptor? I heard there pretty awesome and are great bros... Ok I'll stop now.

Shonisaurus

I honestly would suggest that couples do pterosaurs and dinosaurs in general as Puny and Judy and more that they should come with their young, sexually dimorphic as dimorphodones, it would be great.

I would remember much current wild animals of the ancient Elastolin company. With the difference that these are hard rubber and do not break. It is a memory I have of my childhood very endearing.

Arul

That new tease of vraptor named Winston because its inpired by Stan Winston School, who made Jp velociraptor. Is that make a sense ?  ::) maybe this is not the best retro vraptor replica but at least there was a time when people belive that a vraptor is looks like this, thats why we called it retro style. And if rebor didnt mean to make a retro style, i think this is a must have item for JP fans (classy JP fans)  8)

stargatedalek

People may have thought it looked like that, but no one who was experienced with dromaeosaurs ever did. There is nothing retro about the JP design in a scientific sense as it was never accurate, but regardless the fact that it's often viewed as retro in a pop-culture sense is, in my opinion, a good thing. It's a shame that people still think of it before the real Velociraptor but the fact it's largely regarded as outdated is a good thing.

tanystropheus

I always wanted the Papo raptor in a different (non-squatting) pose, but why mess around with the scale? At least keep things consistent for the sake of parity.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: empire3569 on March 25, 2016, 09:39:01 PM
I just want them to go back to the 1:35 line  :( So many great potential products teased but none anytime soon

I like the new stuff being presented but I agree with you too.  I hope they never loose focus on the 1/35 line.  I'm dying to see Ravage, Trident, & an adult Stego.

Rebor did recently say a 1/35 Carnotaurus is coming this fall!   :)

tanystropheus

I wonder if the 'winter variant' Y-rex has been cancelled...

Also, what happened to their Mosasaurus and Mosasaurus Oddities models?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 26, 2016, 09:34:37 PM

Its been silent for some time about these.   :-\

MLMjp

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 26, 2016, 09:34:37 PM

To be honest it would not surprise me if they canceled the winter version. The oddities line may be canceled also. The Mosasaurus is the most likely to come out at some point.

I think we should "forget" about everything they said they will release and just focus on what we are mostly sure that it will come out, like the Triceratops, the Stegosaurus, Tenontosaurus corpse and Deinonychus...etc. With this company who knows what they are going to do next. ::) ::) ::)

Takama

I think they grew sick of all the Complaining from the accuracey crowed so they said "**** em" and just started producing what they think looks cool, because some of there more rabid fans love them like a religion.

Fluffysaurus

Well the fact they have fans that love them isnt bad, Every company has devoted fans. Rebor is no exception i think. Ach well better love then hate ;D.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Viking Spawn

Arul

Quote from: Viking Spawn on March 27, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

Patrick and spongebob is Rebor, guess who is squidward ? McFarlane :) as rebor said, they inspired by McFarlane a lot especially about the attitude of making a figure.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Arul on March 28, 2016, 12:46:43 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on March 27, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

Patrick and spongebob is Rebor, guess who is squidward ? McFarlane :) as rebor said, they inspired by McFarlane a lot especially about the attitude of making a figure.

Which is awesome too!  Since I've also been a long time fan of McFarlane as well!  My alias of "Viking Spawn" originated over at the original Spawn forums years ago.  Since I'm both a fan of the NFL Minnesota Vikings (My father is from there) and a Spawn fan, I thus combined the two which has stuck with me ever since!  ;)

tyrantqueen

"Hazelnut" and "Melon" seem like cool ideas, but I hate the skin detailing. They look like they're covered in scars. Rebor's sculptor needs to improve on that.

empire3569

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 26, 2016, 02:39:25 PM
"Hazelnut" and "Melon" seem like cool ideas, but I hate the skin detailing. They look like they're covered in scars. Rebor's sculptor needs to improve on that.

I have mixed feelings on that style of skin detail; on one hand it is nice to add skin wrinkles/folds to give the figures nice detail, and I think it looks better than individual scales (especially on the little dinosaurs). Although yes, if it's overdone it can look a bit "gnarled". Maybe just a toned-down style would look better.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: