News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Well, Snarl is the name of the Stegosaurus Dinobot.  War Pig could be a reference to the Ankylosaurus from Dinosaucers, having pig-like qualities.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

utd7

Well it's nice to see REBOR announcing they are having a go at some herbivores for next year which will be a nice change from their carnivores. It's been a good day for us dinosaur collectors with PAPO showing us an interesting range for 2017 and also REBOR teasing us for an exciting year as well.

My big question is what has happened to the carnotaurus 'Crimson King' and allosaurus 'ravage' they mentioned this year ?
We live in a Jurassic World

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: utd7 on December 17, 2016, 11:26:16 PM
Well it's nice to see REBOR announcing they are having a go at some herbivores for next year which will be a nice change from their carnivores. It's been a good day for us dinosaur collectors with PAPO showing us an interesting range for 2017 and also REBOR teasing us for an exciting year as well.

My big question is what has happened to the carnotaurus 'Crimson King' and allosaurus 'ravage' they mentioned this year ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rebor have a habit of announcing things then they just come out at some point?  Other things can take precedence too right?  They announce something, then something else and the latter thing will come out first?

tanystropheus

Quote from: utd7 on December 17, 2016, 11:26:16 PM

Yeah, and Mosasaurus and Winter Variant Y-rex and Quetzalcoatlus set and Psittacosaurus and Brachiosaurus and Ceratopsian fridge magnets...

Takama

About the only one im interested in buying is the Parasaurolophus, and if its is not alive, then i will not be supporting them.

(Im still upset that they have not given us a LIVING Tenotosaurus, which was a far more interesting animal then Parasaurolophus)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Joe289 on December 17, 2016, 02:09:11 PM
Interesting. I'm still not completely sold on the existent Stegosaurus, some are really good but all have something that keeps me from getting them, maybe I should wait to see what they offer.

I wish REBOR would have done some exotic Stegosaurs like PNSO. We need a Lexovisosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2016, 02:10:01 AM
About the only one im interested in buying is the Parasaurolophus, and if its is not alive, then i will not be supporting them.

(Im still upset that they have not given us a LIVING Tenotosaurus, which was a far more interesting animal then Parasaurolophus)

Even a Saurolophus would have been a better choice than a Parasaurolophus. We already have some impressive Parasaurolophus models from pretty much every major dinosaur company.

acro-man

their almost-instant response to Papo's announcement was really bizarre, and full of jealousy IMO.
can they stay cool for just once?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

CityRaptor

I agree. That clearly was not meant to be genuine congratulations.

As for Parasaurolophus: Yep, another Hadrosaur would be nice.
Oh no

Shonisaurus

By the way Rebor had announced in his day a protoceratops. The same can be another novelty of herbivorous dinosaurs.

A protoceratops does not stop being in the market of the toy of the dinosaur a dark figure.

Silvanusaurus

I'd take any 'announcement' from Rebor with a massive, hulking boulder of solid salt. They seem to just make things up as they go along.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: acro-man on December 18, 2016, 09:02:31 AM
their almost-instant response to Papo's announcement was really bizarre, and full of jealousy IMO.

I don't think so. If they were truly jealous they probably wouldn't have brought them up. I think they got a bit antsy though and felt they needed to one-up Papo's new releases by simultaneously announcing several of their own. That wasn't very cool, but I don't think it was jealousy. Just a way of saying "Well these guys are doing this stuff which is great, but look at what we got coming." They went Kanye West on Papo.

suspsy

Rebor responding immaturely to another company's products is simply par for the course. I'm surprised they haven't made similar posts about Safari and CollectA. Unless they did and I missed it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Not since they posted here and since after the Ceratosaurus incident. ( You know, the one where the siced their followers on the blog because their Ceratosaurus got a bad score )
Probably because Safari's and CollectA's offerings are not awesomebro enough in REBOR's eyes. They really embrace the whole awesomebro thing.  ( And yes, they actually use awesomebro )
Oh no

Shonisaurus

In a way Rebor is envious of Papo's dinosaur figures.

On the other hand they are also noted that they have feelings of inferiority with their reactions to the above mentioned company and others like Safari and Collecta. Hence they say that they are better than Papo and that they have disrespected members of Safari.

Of course if you did not externalize your immaturity from the commercial and professional point with other users and clients, your valuation among dinosaur fans would be much better.

What it loses to Rebor is its impatience when pretending to be the best company of toy dinosaurs, and its lack of humility and realism.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Victoria B on December 18, 2016, 10:45:05 AM
Quote from: acro-man on December 18, 2016, 09:02:31 AM

I don't think so. If they were truly jealous they probably wouldn't have brought them up. I think they got a bit antsy though and felt they needed to one-up Papo's new releases by simultaneously announcing several of their own. That wasn't very cool, but I don't think it was jealousy. Just a way of saying "Well these guys are doing this stuff which is great, but look at what we got coming." They went Kanye West on Papo.

I think you nailed it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

REBOR actually praised Papo several times. In a sense, Papo inspired REBOR to get into the industry. According to their post, REBOR would never have entered the market if Papo delivered products like Acro and Cerato years ago. It was their dream of seeing Papo-like products for obscure dinosaurs that inspired them to enter the dinosaur market. For several years, Papo was playing it safe, releasing common dinosaurs and a few at a time. Papo is REBOR's role model. This isn't something new.

However, they were slightly salty. As they can't compete directly with the theropods (probably due to stability issues and over texturing), REBOR suggested that they would ramp their herbivore game. But really, why can't REBOR just release some semi-exotic herbivores? e.g. Edmontonia, Dacentrurus, Gallimimus, Torosaurus etc. etc.....and take it easy on the texturing.

sauroid

my impression: REBOR are/have always been Papo "fanboys" and just voicing out their enthusiasm. i think Papo was the very company that inspired them to start REBOR in the first place.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2016, 06:24:40 PM
REBOR actually praised Papo several times. In a sense, Papo inspired REBOR to get into the industry. According to their post, REBOR would never have entered the market if Papo delivered products like Acro and Cerato years ago. It was their dream of seeing Papo-like products for obscure dinosaurs that inspired them to enter the dinosaur market. For several years, Papo was playing it safe, releasing common dinosaurs and a few at a time. Papo is REBOR's role model. This isn't something new.

However, they were slightly salty. As they can't compete directly with the theropods (probably due to stability issues and over texturing), REBOR suggested that they would ramp their herbivore game. But really, why can't REBOR just release some semi-exotic herbivores? e.g. Edmontonia, Dacentrurus, Gallimimus, Torosaurus etc. etc.....and take it easy on the texturing.
Oh yes, like no one's ever had Papos with stability issues before. ::)  There's a reason my running T. rex sits in a plastic tray.  There's a reason why I'm on Allosaurus #2.  And as for the REBORs, not everyone has issues with them, so why do members of this forum always point out stability issues for REBOR products and not Papo?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Well, it probably is also related to the fact that REBORs cost twice as much as Papos. At least here in Germany. One expects more expensive product to be better.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: