News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Now that you have alluded to an actual resemblance I went back to see how the snake in the movie looked like, and it makes a lot of sense cause it is definitely something enough monstrous and pop culture related to make Rebor use it as main inspiration for their sculpt.

tanystropheus

That's awesome and it all makes sense now!

Shonisaurus

The titanoboa will be as long as the tyrannosaurus of the same company. I have been informed by facebook. It's going to be at 1:35 scale.  ^-^

AcroSauroTaurus

If Rebor give the figure that color scheme, it'll look great. Plus, I don't think there were figures for that movie, so if anyone has wanted a figure of the "Anaconda" from that movie, this will be it.
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on July 28, 2017, 12:10:32 AM
Now that you have alluded to an actual resemblance I went back to see how the snake in the movie looked like, and it makes a lot of sense cause it is definitely something enough monstrous and pop culture related to make Rebor use it as main inspiration for their sculpt.

With its broken, forward-facing eyes.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Now I just need to make a megalodon much better than Favorite and Safari and a truly representative Leviathan melvillei. It would be great.  ;)

Dobber

Will it come with a regurgitated Jon Voight with winking feature?  8)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dobber on July 29, 2017, 02:01:52 AM

Chris

Unfortunately  I wanted to insinuate with the nod that I know nothing about whether the leviathan or the megalodon is going to make Rebor or another company but seeing that it is very requested in the forum and are still very poorly represented I would not be surprised that Made in the future some toy company like Papo, Collecta or Rebor and we could even say Safari with a new reissue of megalodon at least I do not lose hope.

They are not figures sincerely know much of them but I sincerely to the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals disappeared I do not of course do not discriminate in my purchases as long as the figure in the worst case is moderately acceptable and I have to affirm that all the companies of Toy make luxury figures even Schleich is putting the batteries by their latest figures.

Most of the things have no solution in this life but that he improves the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in the toy market and more are made unpublished figures within the aforementioned market is possible to one hundred percent

Dobber

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 29, 2017, 11:30:06 AM

Chris

Unfortunately  I wanted to insinuate with the nod that I know nothing about whether the leviathan or the megalodon is going to make Rebor or another company but seeing that it is very requested in the forum and are still very poorly represented I would not be surprised that Made in the future some toy company like Papo, Collecta or Rebor and we could even say Safari with a new reissue of megalodon at least I do not lose hope.

They are not figures sincerely know much of them but I sincerely to the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals disappeared I do not of course do not discriminate in my purchases as long as the figure in the worst case is moderately acceptable and I have to affirm that all the companies of Toy make luxury figures even Schleich is putting the batteries by their latest figures.

Most of the things have no solution in this life but that he improves the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in the toy market and more are made unpublished figures within the aforementioned market is possible to one hundred percent

Sorry Shonisaurus but don't understand any of what you are trying to say there.
:-\

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: Dobber on July 29, 2017, 12:10:55 PM

Chris

Me too

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 29, 2017, 01:59:19 PM

Chris

Me too

Well, I'm hoping that in the future there will be a leviathan or megalodon on the toy market by Papo, Safari (megalodon new version), Collecta or Rebor as it has happened with titanoboa. That's what I meant.

BlueKrono

Do you mean Livyatan, the prehistoric whale? Leviathan is a biblical beast, and a mastodon species apparently.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dobber

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 29, 2017, 06:37:59 PM
Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 29, 2017, 01:59:19 PM

Chris

Me too

Well, I'm hoping that in the future there will be a leviathan or megalodon on the toy market by Papo, Safari (megalodon new version), Collecta or Rebor as it has happened with titanoboa. That's what I meant.

Ah, thank you I understand now. Just confused as to why you quoted me though. I was making a joke about the Anaconda movie.

Chris

tanystropheus

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 29, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
Do you mean Livyatan, the prehistoric whale? Leviathan is a biblical beast, and a mastodon species apparently.

Livyatan appears to be named after Leviathan... the Leviathan/Lotan being some form of a primitive whale, I suppose. The Behemoth vaguely fits the description of a sauropod (with the 'cedar' tail) or even a prosauropod. PNSO already has an excellent Megalodon in the market, unless we are waiting for another interpretation (based on mako shark?). WS could entertain a do-over as their last model was a flop (at least, aesthetically). The Favorite version is quite svelte, but a deluxe model (one that is actually released in the West) would be appreciated.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 30, 2017, 08:28:53 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 29, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

Livyatan appears to be named after Leviathan... the Leviathan/Lotan being some form of a primitive whale, I suppose. The Behemoth vaguely fits the description of a sauropod (with the 'cedar' tail) or even a prosauropod. PNSO already has an excellent Megalodon in the market, unless we are waiting for another interpretation (based on mako shark?). WS could entertain a do-over as their last model was a flop (at least, aesthetically). The Favorite version is quite svelte, but a deluxe model (one that is actually released in the West) would be appreciated.

I have the megalodon Safari (I would like a new improved version) and the megalodon Favorite this is not bad but we need more figures as you say improved in western companies. Rebor, Papo, Collecta and even Schleich (if it continues to improve from my point of view) could make a megalodon.

As for the livyatan melvillei (apology for calling it Leviathan is not the right way) I would like a better represented in the toy market. They are two figures next to the titanoboa made by Rebor very demanded among the members of the forum.

Reptilia

A Megalodon by Rebor could be quite cool, as long as they don't mess it up with one of their unconventional choices.

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on July 31, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
A Megalodon by Rebor could be quite cool, as long as they don't mess it up with one of their unconventional choices.
It will be like the one in Jaws 3D if they did that. :P

tanystropheus

I absolutely love REBOR's amusing, self-deprecating sense of humor! They are a good sport, especially if you are not overly sensitive or borderline prudish...

Check out REBOR's latest FB comments:

WOW look at that! So REBOR and MOJO had a baby?

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1283219611805044/1283218408471831/?type=3&theater

This is a tear dropping moment, Wind Hunter can finally stand on both feet!

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1283225901804415/1283222835138055/?type=3&theater

Faelrin

Okay, I really did have a good laugh at those bootlegs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

They just announced the Reinos deinosuchus at 1:35 scale and I can assure you that apparently it is a wonder, far from the image we had at the beginning. For those that you can connect with facebook you leave the link. Apart from that it appears with a representation of the David of Michelangelo It means that in its day this figure will come with that image to scale? time will tell.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1285326181594387/?type=3&theater

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: