News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Definitely! In a very short space of time they've managed to create a very large catalogue, of very high-quality models, which appeal to a diverse range of collectors. Regardless of previous controversies that's a very impressive achievement! They're certainly evolving rapidly too, the future seems bright! ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

BRONSON

To me Rebor are artists/artist more than a mass producer, a cottage industry, would people criticise Banksy for not doing artwork that they want, no, he is the artist, whatever he decides to bring out on the back of some abandoned toilet block is his choice alone, people will either love it or not.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 03, 2019, 07:59:17 AM

Now if Rebor makes the Game Of Thrones Wyverns (i know they call them dragons but they aren't at least from mythology and Georgie did say that those are his representation of Dragons in GoT so there's that) they would be awesome! Viscerion first though...then Drogon and Rhaegal

I know its off topic, but this Wyvern policing is nonsensical, the distinction between calling something a wyvern and calling something a dragon only matters when you're discussing the semantics of Heraldry. Mythologically, a dragon can have as many limbs or wings or heads as you like, it's still a dragon, it's not a scientifically classified animal species. Wyvern is just another of a long list of names that can be used to refer to Dragons, like Wyrm or Drake, all variations on the same kind of imagined creature. If its called a dragon (as the dragons in the Game of Thrones TV show are), then it's a dragon.

Dobber

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 03, 2019, 05:55:32 AM
I would love to see Dragons by REBOR. Currently, McFarlane seems to make some of the best Dragon interpretations in affordable, toy form. But, I know for certain that REBOR could make Dragons that are far superior than that of Todd McFarlane.

Already pre ordered Viscerion 👌👌👌

Now if Rebor makes the Game Of Thrones Wyverns (i know they call them dragons but they aren't at least from mythology and Georgie did say that those are his representation of Dragons in GoT so there's that) they would be awesome! Viscerion first though...then Drogon and Rhaegal

Don't know if this is off-topic since this is just a Rebor general thread and not just strictly Rebor Dinosaurs lol

The Visceron looks fantastic, but I have to say the Drogon doesn't look nearly as good.

I'd say if REBOR did want to venture into dragons there would be lots of inspiration out there. GoT alone could yield several with just the 3 as we watched them grow. They could do the tiny new hatchlings, babies, juveniles, adolescents, and then the adults. Plus the Black Dredd from the Westerosi mythology ect.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 03, 2019, 05:55:32 AM
I would love to see Dragons by REBOR. Currently, McFarlane seems to make some of the best Dragon interpretations in affordable, toy form. But, I know for certain that REBOR could make Dragons that are far superior than that of Todd McFarlane.

Already pre ordered Viscerion 👌👌👌

I preordered the Ice Dragon as well as the Night King. REBOR could definitely make dragons. They could also make cryptids if they want...

Shonisaurus

I understand Rebor's position. You can be sure that I will buy all your figures and I look forward with great expectation to the two tyrannosaurs "Killer Queen", I hope they will be commercialized at the end of March or the beginning of April. With me they will always have a secure buyer.

Ceratosaurus

Rebor apparently has a big announcement they will be making tomorrow. They uploaded this photo to their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1956355654491433?sfns=1
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Silvanusaurus

Its a Shoggoth! The dreadful and profane spawn of the Elder Things!  :o

Toasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on March 04, 2019, 06:23:29 PM
Rebor apparently has a big announcement they will be making tomorrow. They uploaded this photo to their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1956355654491433?sfns=1

Reptilia

Here it is:

What's the most adequate way of describing the grandeur and the grotesqueness this surreal sculpture? If the Cthulhu Mythos and the 2018 film Annihilation had a child then you are looking right at it!

We are honoured to announce that REBOR will be collaborating with Japanese CG artist Yuuki Morita to release an affordable 1:6 scale version of his masterpiece "Thinking Man"- you no longer need to travel to LA or Tokyo and buy tickets to see this piece in art exhibitions because now you can bring your own copy home! Put it on your bookshelf and watch your friends and family get amazed!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do like the odd and surreal but it's not something I think I would buy.  I've never heard of the artist before but it is eye catching to say the least.

Here's a link to the artist's other work, some of which I find preferable. https://www.artstation.com/yuukimorita

BRONSON

Reminds me of the nasty out of the film The Thing

PhilSauria

Yeah, I was just thinking the same, er, thing.

Interesting piece but I can't say I'll be clearing any space on my shelves for this.

Silvanusaurus

Woah, I was just making a joke about it being a shoggoth, but I actually wasn't far off. Interesting... This makes me want Rebor to do a Cthulhu.

Reptilia

I want Rebor to make xenomorphs, as a homage to H.R. Giger.

BRONSON

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2019, 11:38:01 PM
I want Rebor to make xenomorphs, as a homage to H.R. Giger.

Now that would be good

POP of FAN

The Thing or Dr.Shaw from Alien: Covenant...

Halichoeres

I think it's an interesting piece. I prefer it to their JP fan-art, to be honest.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The facebook page of Rebor has added two new photos of dilophosaurus that will be marketed by this brand, I pass the links,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598/1975471049246560/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598/1975471019246563/?type=3&theater

There are also dinosaur fetuses textually says Rebor's facebook page,

The Chickenosaurus project has unlocked the forbidden gate and there's no time to think about whether or not "we should", only "we could" matters now. Introducing the next phase:

REBOR Oddities 1: 1 Scale Tyrannosaurus Foetus Wet Specimen

REBOR Oddities 1: 1 Scale Velociraptor Foetus Wet Specimen

I pass the link with the news and the photograph.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598/1974139539379711/?type=3&theater

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: