News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 27, 2020, 08:09:11 PM
I gotta say I feel bad for avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO
There will always be something to nitpick  ::P

Such is the nature of trying to please collectors of anything. Just be civil if not polite is all we ask.

REBOR_STUDIO

That's quite all right! In fact we'd love to answer your questions&show you guys some behind the scenes stuff ;)

austrosaurus

Wouldn't be if they made accurate models.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 27, 2020, 09:21:59 PM

That's quite all right! In fact we'd love to answer your questions&show you guys some behind the scenes stuff ;)
I'm still hoping for an Allosaur of some kind, myself lol ;)
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SidB

Quote from: austrosaurus on February 27, 2020, 10:24:18 PM
Seems to me that they have been making some serious strides recently to move into that segment of the market. It will be interesting to see what they can do in this regard. They certainly have the skill set to make some remarkable true-to-life figures, in as far as that is possible, working off of the best interpretations of the fossil evidence.

tanystropheus

Not sure what you are talking about. Outside obvious movie tie-ins, most of their recent models (and pretty much all their herbivores) have been accurate. The entire G&G line is accurate, if I am not mistaken.  REBOR's upcoming Spinosaurus will be the most accurate representation in the market.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 28, 2020, 07:10:20 AM

Not sure what you are talking about. Outside obvious movie tie-ins, most of their recent models (and pretty much all their herbivores) have been accurate. The entire G&G line is accurate, if I am not mistaken.  REBOR's upcoming Spinosaurus will be the most accurate representation in the market.

It will far exceed the rest of spinosaurus. It will be the best spinosaurus made to date and at a very cheap price. I hope to see that very cool and scientifically accurate figure next to the market.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 28, 2020, 07:10:20 AM

"Most/more accurate" does not mean "strictly accurate". Their Spinosaurus gets some aspects of skeletal anatomy wrong, most notably the fourth toe should be an enlarged walking toe, not held off the ground as seen in the REBOR G&G Spinosaurus.

I will agree more generally though, that REBOR's most egregious designs (or more accurately, egregious claims surrounding their designs) appear to be behind them. They've come a long way from heralding their balding, shrink-wrapped, and incorrectly proportioned Yutyrannus as the peak of scientific accuracy. Even then, it's hard not to remember that REBOR sometimes instead of focusing on the modern identity of the brand, so I understand that bad blood all too well.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is the Titanoboa still coming?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx True the titanoboa Why doesn't Rebor market it? . And the sarcosuchus and deinosuchus? I think the three incredible prehistoric animal figures even when we still only know in the case of prehistoric crocodiles only the prototypes.

We are already two people interested in the titanoboa, it is a great figure that I suppose will cost a lot of money but the one who has the fortune to buy it as the BoTM ceraptides is the price that it deserves for its beautiful presentation and sculpture and for precisely done.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 28, 2020, 10:18:06 PM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx True the titanoboa Why doesn't Rebor market it? . And the sarcosuchus and deinosuchus? I think the three incredible prehistoric animal figures even when we still only know in the case of prehistoric crocodiles only the prototypes.

We are already two people interested in the titanoboa, it is a great figure that I suppose will cost a lot of money but the one who has the fortune to buy it as the BoTM ceraptides is the price that it deserves for its beautiful presentation and sculpture and for precisely done.

We've anwsered this question before:

"This is REBOR 1:35 scale Titanoboa cerrejonensis "Monty" (65cm) Swamp variant next to his crocodile prey accessory(18.5cm) next to REBOR T-rex Vanilla Ice next to an unpainted REBOR GNG02 SA T-rex for size comparison reason. Although we really want to call him "Soft Machine" but in the end we felt that the Python power is stronger with this one...so Monty it is! There will also be a Jungle variant and a Badlands variant.

Monty is not a toy but rather a experimental collectables item, his is made of a special composite thermoplastic rubber that will not crack, melt or degrade. Normally this type of material is used on seamless muscle bodies for high-end 1:6 scale figures that cost hundreds of pounds and the reasonable retail price of this figure+accessory is around £80 but since we've already spent a fortune on this project breakeven is no longer possible at this point, plus we fear people who don't understand all kinds of difficulties we've been through to make this product possible will call us greedy so we might as well just offer them as gifts to our fans and list this product at the same price as Killer Queen and Vanilla Ice. However the problem is the more copies we manufacture and sell the more money we'll lose so unfortunately this product will be very limited and we can't guarantee that there will be one for everybody, guess it'll have to be first come first served ;) "

In a word: money.

CityRaptor

Well, that sucks for people who want one. Guess that snake is a pain to get in both, Jurassic World Alive and Real Life.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 29, 2020, 09:17:21 PM
Well, that sucks for people who want one. Guess that snake is a pain to get in both, Jurassic World Alive and Real Life.
Basically, it's a limited edition. hopefully the ones who REALLY want will be able to. The early bird gets the ... ? I'm okay with the frank approach. In contrast (maybe) it remains to be seen if the Papo "limited edition" Spinosaurus is really just that.

Shonisaurus

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Thanks for your answer. Rest assured that I will buy the three variants of titanoboa, because that price is more than affordable. You are one of the best brands in the world and I am a loyal customer of yours. You can have it for sure.  :)

stargatedalek

For the record, I would be equally if not more interested in a snake made of a "soft" but not so soft as to be pose-able plastic, similar to the Safari ltd. Green Snake / King Snake. Especially if it was in a relatively neutral pose, stretched out with just enough side to side to make it balance and not coiled into one pose forever.

If I may ask, Safari ltd. has a cobra only slightly smaller than this that's pose-able, did you try looking into that material?

Loon

So it'll be around $50 for the titanaboa? I don't know about that....

But I love to have a diverse array of species and this is the only figure of this fascinating snake I know of. So, is it accurate? I remember a lot of people said it just looked like a big snake.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just a thought, maybe the first page can be updated for each coming soon release so as to  give a reference point for anyone looking?

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Loon on March 01, 2020, 12:39:19 AM

But I love to have a diverse array of species and this is the only figure of this fascinating snake I know of. So, is it accurate? I remember a lot of people said it just looked like a big snake.

Titanoboa looked like and was (just?) a big snake. The angry looking brow ridge is a viper thing, not found on a constrictor. But atleast it's still a snake thing and it gives it something to stand out from a anaconda so i don't mind that much.

SidB

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on March 01, 2020, 01:12:33 PM
Quote from: Loon on March 01, 2020, 12:39:19 AM

Titanoboa looked like and was (just?) a big snake. The angry looking brow ridge is a viper thing, not found on a constrictor. But atleast it's still a snake thing and it gives it something to stand out from a anaconda so i don't mind that much.
Maybe artistic license went too far with the brow ridge, since no extant constrictors possess one (as far as  know). It's possible but not likely. However, Papo does this frequently and there's always going to be blurring of the line between accurate and awesomebro.

Killekor

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 01, 2020, 12:15:04 AM
For the record, I would be equally if not more interested in a snake made of a "soft" but not so soft as to be pose-able plastic, similar to the Safari ltd. Green Snake / King Snake. Especially if it was in a relatively neutral pose, stretched out with just enough side to side to make it balance and not coiled into one pose forever.

If I may ask, Safari ltd. has a cobra only slightly smaller than this that's pose-able, did you try looking into that material?

I suppose that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO 's intention wasn't simply to make the usual bendable toy snake you can obtain from any brand but rather try to make more accessible a rare and pricey material. As they said it's an experiment, and I'm glad that they're going to gift them to us!
I'm going to try to get such a fascinating figure, which I really like!

Anyways dear REBOR team, I have a question: what about the Dunkleosteus that you've teased years ago? You're going to release it one day, or it has been cancelled?
Thanks in advance!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: