News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on June 14, 2020, 03:09:27 PM
Anyone care to explain to me why this line is called "Grab and Go", btw? Are they made in smaller batches so you have to grab them before they go, or is it because they are bigger and therefore easier to grab and handle? :D

I think it's because it's "super affordable so just grab one with your pocket money" (REBOR quote) and go instead of saving money and wait.
Like a coffee to go should be cheaper than one that you have at a restaurant :-\ .

Shonisaurus

Without a doubt, I am forever grateful to Rebor that their products are getting cheaper and even better than their predecessors. Honestly, the money I save due to the cheap prices of Rebor can be used for food, medicine, clothing or personal and personal hygiene materials, I am very happy with Rebor looking and watching over his clients, it is admirable. Thank you!  :)

Flaffy

Unboxing/review of the Titanoboa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFOqRpWk0U&fbclid=IwAR0prrretR_q8CFgPShjufe4A1WMfbw3IOvlxZhBLclqWCrKdMZ9Wj7z0u8

The reviewer is certainly... eccentric. But the video demonstrates just how flexible and versatile the figure is.
Does anyone know how to maintain these types of bendy figures to prevent the plastic from cracking easily?
I don't plan to excessively handle or pose the figure, but I hope the rubber won't start to crack and tear overtime from ageing and deterioration. I've heard from some people that keeping moisture levels up (e.g. lightly misting the rubber once in a while) will help prevent tearing, but I don't know how much truth there is to that claim.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy According to BBTS it's made from composite thermoplastic rubber & PVC. I recall Rebor here discussing that it was the same material used for the skin material in like the 1/6 scale Hot Toys figures, and is very durable and resistant to cracking.

This was one of the first things ecocasia (search engine I was using) brought up when I tried searching for composite thermoplastic rubber: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoplastic_elastomer

I guess I may need to dig for those posts and do more research on this material(?).

Thanks for sharing the review as well. I will certainly give it a look.

Edit: That message on the back of the box though. avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Just seeing that really gives weight to how special this one really is (I mean aside from watching and waiting of the development of this from the sidelines for like what 2 years?), and how much of a trouble this was to get made (and will even cost you to produce it with offering it at such a low price, which is nothing to gawk at what with all the bootleggers out there targeting your products as it is, or the fact this is releasing in the year of this pandemic and all the economic problems it caused as a side effect). I don't if any of my words can show my appreciation that this has been made, and I have to have mine in hand yet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Faelrin on June 15, 2020, 04:21:32 AM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy According to BBTS it's made from composite thermoplastic rubber & PVC. I recall Rebor here discussing that it was the same material used for the skin material in like the 1/6 scale Hot Toys figures, and is very durable and resistant to cracking.

This was one of the first things ecocasia (search engine I was using) brought up when I tried searching for composite thermoplastic rubber: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoplastic_elastomer

I guess I may need to dig for those posts and do more research on this material(?).

Thanks for sharing the review as well. I will certainly give it a look.

Edit: That message on the back of the box though. avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Just seeing that really gives weight to how special this one really is (I mean aside from watching and waiting of the development of this from the sidelines for like what 2 years?), and how much of a trouble this was to get made (and will even cost you to produce it with offering it at such a low price, which is nothing to gawk at what with all the bootleggers out there targeting your products as it is, or the fact this is releasing in the year of this pandemic and all the economic problems it caused as a side effect). I don't if any of my words can show my appreciation that this has been made, and I have to have mine in hand yet.

Mentioning Hot Toys is not really reassuring to say the least. Their figures have had some real problems with cracks and rubber-rot.

Concavenator

Wow, that Tyrannosaurus looks accurate! I'm surprised.

Faelrin

avatar_The Prehistoric Traveler @The Prehistoric Traveler I am not familiar with their products or history so I've been doing some reading. You were not wrong but from the limited reading I have done it seems bad material/quality control in the past and/or environment and usage contributed to them. Found some good advice and articles explaining previous issues they've had and how to delay/avoid them (and also something terrifying but obvious I guess, which is melting). Just some examples (plenty more out there though):

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2011/09/hot-toy-collecting-tip-2-what-to-do.html?m=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/7niqk0/new_to_hot_toys_have_a_few_questions/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on June 13, 2020, 06:06:45 PM
Any sense of how much the Rebor GNG T-rex will sell for in USD?

The Komodo Dragon was right at $20 before shipping, and Rebor seems to indicate that the GNG stuff will all hit that price point...

Concavenator

Is it possible that the color schemes were "inspired" by Sideshow's versions of T.rex???
I just noticed how similar they are.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on June 15, 2020, 06:06:31 AM

The Komodo Dragon was right at $20 before shipping, and Rebor seems to indicate that the GNG stuff will all hit that price point...
Thanks for that info.

SenSx

Edit:

Wrong thread sorry

mgaguilar

Quote from: SidB on June 15, 2020, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 15, 2020, 06:06:31 AM

Thanks for that info.

My god, $20 for a figure with Papo-level of detail, sizing, and beautiful coloration is insane.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Faelrin on June 15, 2020, 05:50:57 AM
avatar_The Prehistoric Traveler @The Prehistoric Traveler I am not familiar with their products or history so I've been doing some reading. You were not wrong but from the limited reading I have done it seems bad material/quality control in the past and/or environment and usage contributed to them. Found some good advice and articles explaining previous issues they've had and how to delay/avoid them (and also something terrifying but obvious I guess, which is melting). Just some examples (plenty more out there though):

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2011/09/hot-toy-collecting-tip-2-what-to-do.html?m=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/7niqk0/new_to_hot_toys_have_a_few_questions/

Thinking about cancelling my order, not sure yet.

Flaffy

Okay just got the Titanoboa, things to note:
- there is no wire at the tip of the tail (~3cm without wire). Kinda concerned over the wire penetrating through the thin rubber over time, as commonly seen in Neca Godzilla tails. Doesn't help that the wire feels particularly stiff near the end of the tail.
- Jaw is on a hinge joint and is made out of harder plastic. Doesn't close fully after you've opened it. So if there's any photos that you want to take of the Titanoboa with a tightly closed mouth, then better take them before manipulating the jaw joint.
- There's a limited ratchet joint(?) at the base of the neck, near the head. Allows the figure to look up.
- Angry eyebrows are still silly and unnecessary.

The croc:
Surprisingly good. Scale work is more natural than the geometric scales seen on Meta and Lica. The paint on the croc is superior to Monty.
It's generic enough to fit in most dioramas, and it's pose lends well to a sort of casual swimming position. A very versatile figure.
Still wish it was a specific genus, like Acherontisuchus, which actually coexisted with Titanoboa.

Concavenator

That Tyrannosaurus looks to be very accurate, doesn't it? I'm not usually a fan of Rebor's figures (not that I have anything against the brand per se, just that there are some of their figures that I don't like), but credit where credit is due, and that Tyrannosaurus looks nothing short of amazing. I would say it is the ultimate T.rex figure, at least for now. And 20$ looks like a bargain. I don't know how can they make profit with that  ??? Is it supposed to be hollow or something like that?

MylesBennettDyson618

Quote from: Flaffy on June 17, 2020, 02:31:48 PM
Okay just got the Titanoboa, things to note:
- there is no wire at the tip of the tail (~3cm without wire). Kinda concerned over the wire penetrating through the thin rubber over time, as commonly seen in Neca Godzilla tails. Doesn't help that the wire feels particularly stiff near the end of the tail.
- Jaw is on a hinge joint and is made out of harder plastic. Doesn't close fully after you've opened it. So if there's any photos that you want to take of the Titanoboa with a tightly closed mouth, then better take them before manipulating the jaw joint.
- There's a limited ratchet joint(?) at the base of the neck, near the head. Allows the figure to look up.
- Angry eyebrows are still silly and unnecessary.

The croc:
Surprisingly good. Scale work is more natural than the geometric scales seen on Meta and Lica. The paint on the croc is superior to Monty.

It's generic enough to fit in most dioramas, and it's pose lends well to a sort of casual swimming position. A very versatile figure.
Still wish it was a specific genus, like Acherontisuchus, which actually coexisted with Titanoboa.

Where did you order yours? I'm currently waiting for Big Bad Toy Store to get their shipment.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Narutoceratops on June 17, 2020, 05:35:51 PM
And 20$ looks like a bargain. I don't know how can they make profit with that  ???

We can't and that's OK because the GNG line is our gift to fans ;)

SenSx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 18, 2020, 08:57:29 AM
And 20$ looks like a bargain. I don't know how can they make profit with that  ???

Hi !

In that case can't you still release the supposed cancelled Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus as GNG ?
Pretty please  :'(

CityRaptor

By the way, did you know that there are already bootlegs of your Vanilla Ice?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2020, 10:36:44 AM

By the way, did you know that there are already bootlegs of your Vanilla Ice?

Which is why we are now making things they either can't knockoff or simply don't understand what they are

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: