News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I'm very interested in the dissection Compsognathus. Can anyone speak for how accurate it is? From the general outward things we look at I'd say the lack of feathering is the only immediately apparent issue, even the wrists seem fine, but I don't know how well researched the internal elements are.

Faelrin

Perhaps compare it to its relative Scipioynx, which has some preserved guts? If not whatever other non-avian dinosaurs have preserved guts (Isaberrysaura comes to mind).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2021, 04:10:40 AM
Perhaps compare it to its relative Scipioynx, which has some preserved guts? If not whatever other non-avian dinosaurs have preserved guts (Isaberrysaura comes to mind).
Birds would be a better reference point than Isaberrysaura. I meant more that I lack the fundamental understanding of what these individual organs should look like, or what ones a Compsognathus would even have had.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 04:47:00 AM
Birds would be a better reference point than Isaberrysaura. I meant more that I lack the fundamental understanding of what these individual organs should look like, or what ones a Compsognathus would even have had.

Check this out ;)

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/2754303224696668

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Wheezy82183 on February 10, 2021, 10:11:26 PM
Does rebor retire their figure? I'm having a hard time finding any of them for sale.

We don't retire our figures

Faelrin

Why haven't some of your older figures ever had second and/or further production runs? Such as the Acrocanthosaurus, etc? Many of them are no longer available/out of stock on most online retailers carrying your products. That to me suggests they are in fact retired/out of production.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2021, 02:40:28 PM
Why haven't some of your older figures ever had second and/or further production runs? Such as the Acrocanthosaurus, etc? Many of them are no longer available/out of stock on most online retailers carrying your products. That to me suggests they are in fact retired/out of production.
My thoughts exactly. I can only find the Acrocanthosaurus on ebay, in which the price has nearly doubled or some sellers even offering the model at $200 or more. Seems to me that this particular model is not in production.

Lanthanotus

From what I know of vertebrate anatomy (by dissections of mammals, birds and mainly reptiles) I deem the Compsoganthus a very reasonable interpretation
to depict the inner anatomy of an extinct animal of which`s organs our proven knowledge is very limited.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on February 11, 2021, 03:09:09 PM
My thoughts exactly. I can only find the Acrocanthosaurus on ebay, in which the price has nearly doubled or some sellers even offering the model at $200 or more. Seems to me that this particular model is not in production.

I've never seen an announcement by them saying something is discontinued that I recall. Maybe once something starts getting copied by recasters they stop as they lose money on it?  I know the Acro was one of the first that was widely being copied in Asian factories. 

Last year even the new products were a bit hard to get, like the Dino/Aliens. There were a lot of delays.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2021, 05:03:59 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 11, 2021, 03:09:09 PM

I've never seen an announcement by them saying something is discontinued that I recall. Maybe once something starts getting copied by recasters they stop as they lose money on it?  I know the Acro was one of the first that was widely being copied in Asian factories. 

Last year even the new products were a bit hard to get, like the Dino/Aliens. There were a lot of delays.
In the previous page Rebor stated that they do not stop production of any figures. Although there is slight evidence that this is not true since quite a bit (I think all actually) of distributors are out of stock, and second hand sellers are selling them at a high price.

You are right that there are quite a bit of copies/fakes being produced in Asian factories. Aliexpress has quite a bit of those.

stargatedalek

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 11, 2021, 02:04:29 PM

Check this out ;)

No offence but why would that help answer my question? I saw the included diagram in the product photos, but it's based on your figure so if your figure is inaccurate the diagram would be too. I can't reference a drawing of thing A in order to see if thing A is accurate to thing B.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 05:48:28 PM

Check this out ;)

No offence but why would that help answer my question? I saw the included diagram in the product photos, but it's based on your figure so if your figure is inaccurate the diagram would be too. I can't reference a drawing of thing A in order to see if thing A is accurate to thing B.

It's an anatomy diagram with all organs properly labeled so you should be able to tell whether our guesses were educated enough or not in you are into anatomy studies. Not only the types of organs, their sizes and locations, even their textuers and colours were well researched, took us two months to finalise the design. Of course there won't be any definitive answers soon since none of us has ever seen a real compy but like you said modern avian dinosaurs-birds do provide good amounts of reference materials.

Besides we made it not because of we want to make money out of it, FYI it's a 100% negative NPV project and for each sold copy we lose 7.05 quid so it doesn't metter what people think of it, at least we have  accomplished our goals and had tons of fun during the process ;)

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 11, 2021, 08:08:08 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 05:48:28 PM

Check this out ;)

It's an anatomy diagram with all organs properly labeled so you should be able to tell whether our guesses were educated enough or not in you are into anatomy studies. Not only the types of organs, their sizes and locations, even their textuers and colours were well researched, took us two months to finalise the design. Of course there won't be any definitive answers soon since none of us has ever seen a real compy but like you said modern avian dinosaurs-birds do provide good amounts of reference materials.

Besides we made it not because of we want to make money out of it, FYI it's a 100% negative NPV project and for each sold copy we lose 7.05 quid so it doesn't metter what people think of it, at least we have  accomplished our goals and had tons of fun during the process ;)

When can we expect the smilodon?

Over9K

Well... I stand corrected... apparently Plastic Love is going to have a new pose and a totally re-detailed body! Was not expecting that!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

Was wondering if it would be posed like the old one or if they would give it something more active while maintaining the original's aesthetics.

JohannesB

Quote from: Carnoking on February 15, 2021, 12:51:28 AM
Was wondering if it would be posed like the old one or if they would give it something more active while maintaining the original's aesthetics.

Exactly that. (For example, a walking pose.)

Still, I am tempted..

Over9K

I'll bet you guys that this is a detail pass, not a pose rendering.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2021, 12:43:22 AM
looks epic!
You've got that right! The Invicta is a great classic and I'd actually seriously consider buying this repristination of that oldie but goodie.

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on February 15, 2021, 01:35:11 AM
I'll bet you guys that this is a detail pass, not a pose rendering.

I wondered if that might be the case, and if it is, it's a funny coincidence that it's the exact same pose as the original

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: