News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gonna be really hard to choose between these. I wasn't kidding before, I'll need a fire breathing accessory for Diablo. I think one of the Neca Godzilla figures breath attacks might work?

Carnoking

Consarn it, I hate choosing.

RaptorRex

Dang! I wanted the Sharptooth variant but that Diablo paint scheme is calling my name!

Bread

Like others, this is going to be a hard decision for me to make. I'll probably be getting the Sauron Primal Rage variant.

I hope Rebor continue to make Retro figures. I'd love to see some herbivores in this sort of retro form.

suspsy

Sauron was always my very favourite character in Primal Rage, especially due to his very-easy-to-execute triple hit air combo that inflicted 32% damage. That said, I never liked his default colour scheme and always opted for either the blue or the purple alternative ones. I like the Diablo version best out of these three.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Man these look great.
Good Job avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO .
i also love the Knight versions. all look so awesome.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, in this case, the tyrannosaurus rex that I like the most is the red tyrannosaurus, it has a very colorful color.

Lynx

Anyone know where I can buy the REBOR Stegosaurus in the US? I would order it off Everything Dinosaurs but they are over in Europe.
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Big Bad Toy Store has the mountain variant in stock and the other two for pre-order.

Lynx

Quote from: Carnoking on January 26, 2021, 12:20:49 AM
Big Bad Toy Store has the mountain variant in stock and the other two for pre-order.
Thank you and wow, the prices there are sweet! Cheapest I have seen it for.
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Yeah, BBTS is great for REBOR. I got the forest and plain variant from there about a year ago actually. Also, no need to worry about Everything Dinosaur even though they're across the pond. They're one of the best dino retailers around with great international shipping. 

Halichoeres

The Carnotaurus -> Ekrixinatosaurus conversion is like chopping the antlers off a muntjac and calling it Leptomeryx.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Look What avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  is cooking up

They said its a Remaster.    So dont go thinking its a Knockoff

Carnoking

Hm... wonder what color schemes they're thinking for this one. Gotta have at least one with warm tones...

Faelrin

Looks like it's intended to be a "remaster" of the Invicta rex. That's going to be interesting. I'm already curious to see how this will look painted up. I think the sculpted detail so far is looking nice too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

I'm really liking these retrosaurs, but I'd like to see a different genus other than Tyrannosaurus. Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus would be nice for them to do in a retro form. Especially the Triceratops as a good duo for one of the Tyrannosaurs.

RaptorRex

Hoping they remake the Invicta Megalosaurus if they're staying with retro theropods.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on February 06, 2021, 01:26:51 AM
I'm really liking these retrosaurs, but I'd like to see a different genus other than Tyrannosaurus. Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus would be nice for them to do in a retro form. Especially the Triceratops as a good duo for one of the Tyrannosaurs.

People buy tyrannosaurs..that simple really. It's the media's dinosaur of choice.   I would love to see all sorts of different ones, maybe some old Sinclair pieces too?   I do hope they continue the Primal Rage pieces somehow...I'm not sure how they could get those to sell as well..but..still.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2021, 04:36:37 AM
Quote from: Bread on February 06, 2021, 01:26:51 AM

People buy tyrannosaurs..that simple really. It's the media's dinosaur of choice.   I would love to see all sorts of different ones, maybe some old Sinclair pieces too?   I do hope they continue the Primal Rage pieces somehow...I'm not sure how they could get those to sell as well..but..still.
Oh yeah 100%. Even Rebor made a statement (I forget which thread) about how Tyrannosaurs are usually the first to go out of stock and sell the best compared to any genus. I even recall them mentioning that making 1 Tyrannosaur a year does a company well.

I want to say I am not disappointed in any of these Tyrannosaurs, my only wish is to have a different genus to go along with them. I do think a retro Spinosaurus would sell well.

Shonisaurus

That tyrannosaurus based on the Invicta series is super interesting and the most interesting thing is that it will be much more than acceptable size than the original Invicta. Superb work by Rebor. My congratulations.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: