News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 15, 2021, 02:44:10 AM

I wondered if that might be the case, and if it is, it's a funny coincidence that it's the exact same pose as the original
Well, not QUITE exact - the Invicta was posed in motion, this one appears completely still.

RaptorRex

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 04:47:00 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2021, 04:10:40 AM
Perhaps compare it to its relative Scipioynx, which has some preserved guts? If not whatever other non-avian dinosaurs have preserved guts (Isaberrysaura comes to mind).
Birds would be a better reference point than Isaberrysaura. I meant more that I lack the fundamental understanding of what these individual organs should look like, or what ones a Compsognathus would even have had.
Pigeon dissection can be viewed here (tw, obviously don't click if you don't want to see the inside of a real pigeon) - https://www.savalli.us/BIO370/Anatomy/AnatomyImages/PigeonDissectionLabel.jpg

I believe the 'lung' in the Rebor diagram corresponds to the pectoral muscles which cover the lungs in a ventral view.

JohannesB

Quote from: Over9K on February 15, 2021, 01:35:11 AM
I'll bet you guys that this is a detail pass, not a pose rendering.

You are probably right :-)

I am wondering if they will keep the skull as laterally compressed as the Invicta, or if they will "remaster" that as well. Personally, I don't really mind if they would keep it about the same.

Shonisaurus

I would sincerely like Rebor to reissue each one of the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and current animals like the blue whale. It would be worthy of any vintage collector. I hope that one day _Rebor will make the Invicta lambeosaurus, although I understand that in this case there would be a lot to wait before, since the lambeosaurus is an unpopular dinosaur with sellers and even for some collectors.

Getting to the point Rebor has hit that tyrannosaurus.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: RaptorRex on February 15, 2021, 07:41:01 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 04:47:00 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2021, 04:10:40 AM
Perhaps compare it to its relative Scipioynx, which has some preserved guts? If not whatever other non-avian dinosaurs have preserved guts (Isaberrysaura comes to mind).
Birds would be a better reference point than Isaberrysaura. I meant more that I lack the fundamental understanding of what these individual organs should look like, or what ones a Compsognathus would even have had.
Pigeon dissection can be viewed here (tw, obviously don't click if you don't want to see the inside of a real pigeon) - https://www.savalli.us/BIO370/Anatomy/AnatomyImages/PigeonDissectionLabel.jpg

I believe the 'lung' in the Rebor diagram corresponds to the pectoral muscles which cover the lungs in a ventral view.

Come on we are not that stupid...

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Over9K on February 14, 2021, 11:24:01 PM
Well... I stand corrected... apparently Plastic Love is going to have a new pose and a totally re-detailed body! Was not expecting that!

That's just a basic T-pose, it will be transposed to Invicta rex's walking posture once the alternate head sculpt is finished.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Failed archaeologist on February 15, 2021, 01:18:37 PM

I am wondering if they will keep the skull as laterally compressed as the Invicta, or if they will "remaster" that as well. Personally, I don't really mind if they would keep it about the same.

Invicta rex's compressed head(and the fused toes) was a result of budgetary constraints, those issues will be corrected in our remastered version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 18, 2021, 08:49:25 AM

Invicta rex's compressed head(and the fused toes) was a result of budgetary constraints, those issues will be corrected in our remastered version.

I'm actually good with that, of all the Invicta pieces the Rex has the most narrow skull in contrast to it real life counterpart.

JohannesB

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 18, 2021, 08:49:25 AM

I assumed as much :-)

Over9K

Finally have my GNG T.rexes in hand from BBTS, with one casualty, one of the brown one's I ordered arrived with the upper jaw hanging off of it...

I'm already talking to BBTS, hoping for a replacement.

Otherwise, I'm super stoked on these! The detail is really nice, and the paint on all four of mine is really nice too!

(Yes, I got three of the brown ones... two of them are for repaints.)

Lanthanotus

Woha, I customized mine and I the material is really tough, must have been some tremendeous force on that snout.

Over9K

... and the Retosaurus continues to spawn new offspring! A Harryhausen-esque Ceratosaurus!

Over9K

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 23, 2021, 05:50:50 AM
Woha, I customized mine and I the material is really tough, must have been some tremendeous force on that snout.

I was thinking maybe it got super cold and then got banged around, but the BBTS shipping box was immaculate, looks brand new.

Faelrin

I love how that Ceratosaurus turned out. Cool idea to make one after all the rex variants.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Over9K @Over9K My congratulations on your new Rebor GNG tyrannosaurus, they are so pretty.

On the other hand, this "retro" ceratosaurus is interesting but sincerely knowing that it is a copy and paste of the "retro" tyrannosaurus, as you comment ? @Stolpergeist , is not as interesting as the rest of the Rebor figures in relation to "retro" dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

kinda reminds me of The Animal World one too..

Stegotyranno420

Imagine if they start making vinatge dinosaur(crystal palace, those old-styled ichthyosaurs, and plesiosaurs, etc)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I still take a retro Ceratosaurus over another T rex.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

How about a retro baryonyx or retro ornithopod

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 24, 2021, 07:46:34 PM
How about a retro baryonyx or retro ornithopod
being named in 1986 means Baryonyx doesn't get all that retro. They could still do the hunch back quadruped holding a fish I suppose.
They would  never do an Ornithopod unless it's a corpse
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: